Echo Chamber Thinking, and Why We Do Not Know What the Bills' FO has Planned

What if the only QB that McBeane was willing to move up and give up a boat load of picks for is ( example : Darnold ) and he knows Cleveland is taking him 1st , and if not the Giants are taking him with 2nd ,  is it possible that McBeane does not see the rest of top 4 QB’s worthy of the top 10 pick ? 

All I’m saying is maybe if one of those guys are still there ( MAYBE ) we take one with the 12 pick , and if not we get BPA . 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Rather than creating the same thread, here's something to consider, while everyone on this board almost categorically has decided Beane needs to be lynched for "letting" the Jets "jump us" for the 3rd pick. 

It's a little concept called Echo Chamber Thought. Give this a quick listen/read:

https://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/07/24/486941582/the-reason-your-feed-became-an-echo-chamber-and-what-to-do-about-it

With that as philosophical context, please read the following article from Walterfootball.com (decidedly NOT a Bills-specific media source):

http://walterfootball.com/nfltrades.php

All I'm saying is this, folks: at the moment I click "Submit Topic" on this thread, there are 1,021 (and counting) replies to the post entitled "Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round ". OTHER, well-informed sources (Walter Football just being one) are not saying the Bills have ruined their hopes of a future by "letting" the Jets "jump us" in the draft... Keep in mind, they were ahead of us to begin with. Some folks must think 6 comes after 12...

We are our own worst nightmare, guys and gals... We DO NOT know what Donald Rumsfeld once coined "the unknown unknowns" about the trade between the Jets and Colts, and the talks our F.O. had with the Colts, Browns, and Giants (not to mention the Broncos at #5). Rumsfeld, for your reference:

PLEASE stop for a moment, pull your heads out of this echo-chamber we all participate in, and BILLieve that the Bills F.O. is NOT Two Bills Drive, The Stadium Wall, or your specific echo-chamber of hive-mind thought!

WE DO NOT KNOW if Beane was bluffing or being honest, when he said (in YESTERDAY's presser) that we may not take a QB in the 1st:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22793158/buffalo-bills-general-manager-brandon-beane-says-no-guarantee-team-moves-nfl-draft-take-quarterback

We've all already forgotten YESTERDAY... Good, dear, sweetbabyjesus, folks... Have faith that our F.O. is working hard to do the best it can, and recognize that we are all only getting up in a tizzy about something we, in our VERY limited and EXCEEDINGLY skewed (by the echo-chamber effect and unknown unknowns) vantage points! 

We will be alright, guys and gals. I, for one, have faith in McBeane. 

#endrant

Thank you for saving me from myself. However may I repay you?

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Well, sir, manure happens.  I personally don't think that the pros are as hyped up by this crop of QBs as Bills fans are.  If they were, none of the teams holding top 5 picks would even be thinking of trading out of those slots, much less actually doing so, so my guess is that there will be at least 2 or 3 of the top prospects available between picks 6-12. 

That doesn't mean that I would necessarily want the Bills to take one of them.  I would rather the Bills not take a first round QB at all if they can't get to their first choice than waste even the #12 or #22 pick on a prospect that they don't really believe in just to placate the idiot fan base so that they buy tickets.  That's how the Bills ended up with Losman and Manuel. 

Furthermore, the best prospects don't necessarily turn out to be the best QBs as Tom Brady,  Drew Brees, and Russell Wilson all demonstrate. Sometimes those second and third and sixth tier prospects can shine if given the opportunity ... and the top tier prospects fail despite being given every opportunity.

And nothing I said disputes that and nothhing  you say changes the reality of my post. If we can't crack the top five for a QB, Beane knows that ultimately his job rests on solving the QB issue. We all hope for his success and a solid plan B for this year if moving up can't happen.

Im assuming NYG want 3 1s plus.  Its a steep price and if the guy is a franchise qb you do it.  If they are that high on a guy they have doubts he will be there.  Im not going to right off the new regime until the picks are in and see who they got. If they get any of the top 5 I will be happy.  If they get one of them and keep 22 I would be impressed.