Dallas Goedert, amazing hands

On 3/17/2018 at 9:54 AM, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

https://youtu.be/sqxAELwRXgQ

Even though he played against lesser competition, Dallas can snatch balls out of the air like OBJ. He is fun to watch, the only thing I don’t like about his game is his short choppy stride when he runs. 

For such a big guy,he sure is agile.

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

TE i would absolutely love is Hayden Hurst

He is a fantastic blocker, but his athleticism seems average. If we drafted him, I would hope it would be to fill a role as a blocking TE who can catch, and not as a play making TE. This would be a really good draft to snag a couple of TEs, and maybe get rid of Clay’s contract. 

I just watched a few games of his. I've seen so much hype about the kid but I was left with 3 little words.

Is. That. It?

Struggles to get open unless it's a zone. Somewhere between an average and below-average athlete. Hit & miss as an inline blocker, likes to play bully ball on DBs though. He's got really good hands but I see a ceiling as an effective TE2 in the NFL. If the price is a 2nd rounder, !@#$ that.

Edited by Blokestradamus

5 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

I just watched a few games of his. I've seen so much hype about the kid but I was left with 3 little words.

Is. That. It?

Struggles to get open unless it's a zone. Somewhere between an average and below-average athlete. Hit & miss as an inline blocker, likes to play bully ball on DBs though. He's got really good hands but I see a ceiling as an effective TE2 in the NFL. If the price is a 2nd rounder, !@#$ that.

Agree with you. his hands are great, even in traffic, but he runs a little awkward.

11 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Agree with you. his hands are great, even in traffic, but he runs a little awkward.

I reached out to a bunch of guys from 'Draft Twitter' that I know, asking about him. 7 of out 8 have him as TE1. I didn't have the heart to tell them that he graded out as a 5th rounder for me.

He makes sense for a rookie QB because everything is likely to stick. He'll make money in the red zone with his hands. I just don't see some transcendent playmaker.

6 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

I reached out to a bunch of guys from 'Draft Twitter' that I know, asking about him. 7 of out 8 have him as TE1. I didn't have the heart to tell them that he graded out as a 5th rounder for me.

He makes sense for a rookie QB because everything is likely to stick. He'll make money in the red zone with his hands. I just don't see some transcendent playmaker.

I would prefer the Penn st TE, that kid has all the tools to be special. 

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

I would prefer the Penn st TE, that kid has all the tools to be special. 

I definitely like Gesicki's potential. TE tends to be a bit of a slow burner in terms of production so I'm normally wary of taking one that early. I was willing to take the risk on Njoku last year and I think Gesicki would be the exception to my rule in this class. Maybe not 1st round but potentially top-50.

7 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I definitely like Gesicki's potential. TE tends to be a bit of a slow burner in terms of production so I'm normally wary of taking one that early. I was willing to take the risk on Njoku last year and I think Gesicki would be the exception to my rule in this class. Maybe not 1st round but potentially top-50.

Ya I wouldn't want the Bills to use the 22nd pick on him. At the same time, I would hate to see him go to the Pats in round 1.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.