Is Glenn a goner??

22 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and perhaps a move to RT may not be as demanding as the blind side, prolonging his career...BUT....some posters said "he would never go for that"......if he is healthy and can play the right side effectively, who cares if he's getting LT money?......

I’m with you.  If he is healthy, he is worth far more than you could get in a trade.  If he isn’t healthy, you won’t get much in trade.

19 hours ago, RobynMundyWYO said:

Remember early in Cordy Glenn's career (thinking it was around the time of his first or second training camp)... he was out for awhile for a "medical reason"? I asked John Wawrow if he remembered hearing that at that time Cordy was diagnosed with diabetes... and he seems to remember that as well. But now I can't find evidence of that anywhere & it was never mentioned again. 

Reason I bring it up is because if he indeed was diagnosed with diabetes, these "unexplained" foot/ankle problems he's been having may be related to that diagnosis. It's not uncommon for diabetics to experience peripheral neuropathy in their feet. Hopefully that's not the case, but if it is, he might continue to have problems in the future. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bills move on from him, but they will only do it if it works for them. 

I wonder if you are getting this mixed up with him having had a kidney removed? I think that was back in 2015.

My guess would be more that he's had some ongoing foot issues, that he hasn't made enough of a fuss about, that eventually accumulated to the point of needing surgey (s?). Glenn is one of those rare breeds in the NFL, in that he's a 'no fuss, no bother' guy, who just goes to work.

Injuries aside, Glenn would be a prototypical McDermott/Beane type of guy, but as they haven't seen him play much (live), then they aren't likely to be wedded to him.

It makes no sense to me to cut, or even trade him, when if he's going to be healthy, you could put him at RT and immediately make the O-Line much better. That could also have the effect of helping with any future foot problems, by not needing to use his feet quite as much at RT. The 'cost' of tackles is gradually becoming more even, due to the fact that rushers will much more frequently swap sides, so you need more agility on the right anyway.

18 minutes ago, Buddo said:

I wonder if you are getting this mixed up with him having had a kidney removed? I think that was back in 2015.

My guess would be more that he's had some ongoing foot issues, that he hasn't made enough of a fuss about, that eventually accumulated to the point of needing surgey (s?). Glenn is one of those rare breeds in the NFL, in that he's a 'no fuss, no bother' guy, who just goes to work.

Injuries aside, Glenn would be a prototypical McDermott/Beane type of guy, but as they haven't seen him play much (live), then they aren't likely to be wedded to him.

It makes no sense to me to cut, or even trade him, when if he's going to be healthy, you could put him at RT and immediately make the O-Line much better. That could also have the effect of helping with any future foot problems, by not needing to use his feet quite as much at RT. The 'cost' of tackles is gradually becoming more even, due to the fact that rushers will much more frequently swap sides, so you need more agility on the right anyway.

...absolutely NAILED it bud....nicely done....too bad former collegiate lineman Shaunta53 no longer posts here.....I'm going to take a couple unsubstantiated guesses about the transition...first, I would think the blind side is the tougher side, so perhaps RT vs LT money is a misnomer, better valued as blind side versus not......Glenn is under contract and has always been a worker as you stated, no harm , no fuss, no foul.....and if this surgery finally works for the lad, why the rush to trade him?.....both the Bills and potential trade partners would have the same IF question.....and IF moving him to the right side is less wear and tear versus defending the blind side, isn't that a club benefit?.....who gives a rat's azz if he is now a RT earning LT money?.....the bulk has sailed....remember when Dopey Dickie Jauron decided to move Langston Walker from the right side to THE LEFT SIDE?.....a 6'8", 360 lb behemoth who moved slower than Rosey O'Donnell to the BLIND SIDE?.....Dopey Dickie shined......some have said "Glenn would NEVER go for it".....if his pay remains the same, why not?.....what is your assessment?....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy