THE ERA OF NATE HAS BEGUN

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tanner Lee hasn't played a down in the NFL, but I will go out on a limb to say he'll never be a good NFL QB based on his College career. 

thats fine,   u can try and prognosticate on a player,  but truth is,  you dont know.    so many factors that play into why one person becomes successful and another doesnt.

lets look at Brady,   barely drafted,  not exceptionally gifted athlete,  mediocre college QB.     If Bledsoe doesnt get hurt,  maybe Brady never gets his shot in NE,  and history is changed significantly.     Many, many factors go into success,  a lot of times dumb luck leads to success,  very little in this world  is black and white.     

People write off others on a daily basis,  usually with little or no actual information behind their reasoning.   Just because, they have a gut feeling,  or the person doesnt fit their agenda,  or etc, etc, etc.

Facts,  they mean something,  even if we're being led to believe they dont anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

thats fine,   u can try and prognosticate on a player,  but truth is,  you dont know.    so many factors that play into why one person becomes successful and another doesnt.

lets look at Brady,   barely drafted,  not exceptionally gifted athlete,  mediocre college QB.     If Bledsoe doesnt get hurt,  maybe Brady never gets his shot in NE,  and history is changed significantly.     Many, many factors go into success,  a lot of times dumb luck leads to success,  very little in this world  is black and white.     

People write off others on a daily basis,  usually with little or no actual information behind their reasoning.   Just because, they have a gut feeling,  or the person doesnt fit their agenda,  or etc, etc, etc.

Facts,  they mean something,  even if we're being led to believe they dont anymore.

There can be extreme exceptions like Brady, but let's not act as if Peterman is some unknown who just appeared on the scene.  He has the same physical and mental flaws he showed in College that say he's a marginal NFL prospect.  No one can tell you not to hold out hope for him based on a slim chance, but the Bills are rightfully looking for better than he offers in the draft and/or free agency. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There can be extreme exceptions like Brady, but let's not act as if Peterman is some unknown who just appeared on the scene.  He has the same physical and mental flaws he showed in College that say he's a marginal NFL prospect.  No one can tell you not to hold out hope for him based on a lim chance, but the Bills are rightfully looking for better than he offers in the draft and/or free agency. 

all this is true,  and im not holding out hope for Peterman,  was simply trying to point out that common sense screams,   NOBODY HERE KNOWS  if he is, or isnt a viable QB in the future :)

Just now, bigduke6 said:

all this is true,  and im not holding out hope for Peterman,  was simply trying to point out that common sense screams,   NOBODY HERE KNOWS  if he is, or isnt a viable QB in the future :)

Common sense loudly says that he isn't.  

2 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Common sense loudly says that he isn't.  

I asked this question a while back but I think that it plays here. “Knowing what we know now, if Nathan Peterman (with the year under his belt) could enter this draft class tomorrow, would he be drafted? If so, when?” 

2 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

well,  if the sample size allows your common sense to make that decision thats fine with me.  

Sample size includes his Collegiate Career. He's the same guy.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I asked this question a while back but I think that it plays here. “Knowing what we know now, if Nathan Peterman (with the year under his belt) could enter this draft class tomorrow, would he be drafted? If so, when?” 

UDFA

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sample size includes his Collegiate Career. He's the same guy.

just for the sake of argument,  was anything in Brady's collegiate career a sure fire sign of his future greatness?  I know,  Brady again.......but its relevant to the point youre trying to make.

Edited by bigduke6

Just now, bigduke6 said:

just for the sake of argument,  was anything in Brady's collegiate career a sure fire sign of his future greatness?  I know,  Brady again.......but its relevant to the point youre trying to make.

Forget Brady.  Did Brady come in and stink up the joint by throwing up all over himself when he 1st played in the NFL?  No. It's a weak crutch to deflect in an attempt to make a case for Peterman.  No sale. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Forget Brady.  Did Brady come in and stink up the joint by throwing up all over himself when he 1st played in the NFL?  No. It's a weak crutch to deflect in an attempt to make a case for Peterman.  No sale. 

We gave EJ 15 games. Pete deserves half that.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

i gotcha ya,   one bad game and its over.   thats fine,  my weak crutch of logic couldnt persuade you.    btw,  wasnt trying to.    was simply showing how a persons view can be skewed by what he or she wants to see.    1 game,  its over.      moving on now  :)

Edited by bigduke6

Just now, bigduke6 said:

i gotcha ya,   one bad game and its over.   thats fine,  my weak crutch of logic couldnt persuade you.    btw,  wasnt trying to.    was simply showing how a persons view can be skewed by what he or she wants to see.    1 game,  its over.      

No. Continuation of the same mental and physical flaws he showed in College which is why the Bills are looking to acquire a Franchise QB. 

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Knowing what we knew after 2016, if Jared Goff (with the year under his belt) could enter the 2017 draft, where would he be drafted?

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I'll play devils advocate a little here. I highly doubt Peterman is our starting qb in 2018. However, he takes alot of flack for the Chargers game (and rightfully so) but people always forget that he played very well in the Colts game (in brutal conditions) and you could even argue he played well in the saints game and the 1st Patriots game when he came in (to a degree). So while he may not be starting caliber yet, he has potential 

Everyone knows that what a player does in their first game ever is indicative of the career they will have.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Knowing what we knew after 2016, if Jared Goff (with the year under his belt) could enter the 2017 draft, where would he be drafted?

#1 of course,   how a year makes a difference huh?   Must be the player and not the coaching staff.  0:)

i smh at the people who love Dashaun Watson all of a sudden,   guy did it for 4 games.   4,   we have no idea if its sustainable or not.   Was a very good college player,  but 4 games means everybody wiffed on him  and hes going into the HoF eventually?.  He very well could be the best QB of that draft,   and a future Hofer,  but nobody really knows.   Not at this point anyways.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

A little different scenario in that a team decided that he was worthy of the 1st pick overall. He might not have went 1 overall last year but I would think that he would have still been in the mix with guys like Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson and Kizer. A better comparison using that would be, “where would Trubisky go in this class?”

A team decided that Peterman was worth their 2nd 5th round selection. He had questions coming in clearly or he wouldn’t have been picked 170 picks after the one used on Goff (I know that they were different years). I doubt that Peterman would be drafted this year but could be a late round guy like Ferguson and Tanner Lee (who I think will be worse than Peterman).