Is Womack The Better Choice

Astrobot

You have to wonder what's going on inside TD's head besides the dollars and cents issues. Is he thinking that Womack is the best fit for the Bills? Womack has had experience at Guard/Tackle. Shelton's a tackle, DeMulling's first and foremost a guard. The prospect of having Peters or Teague at Left Tackle must be weighing heavily on his mind.

IMHO, Arizona wants the draft pick TD will use to grab the best Center available (Centers are often a 2nd rounder, not a first), so Shelton's probably out of the mix, and DeMulling's $3 million demands (plus the small detail he's not a tackle) are making this easier for TD--Get some Pork Chop in here!

You have to wonder what's going on inside TD's head besides the dollars and cents issues. Is he thinking that Womack is the best fit for the Bills? Womack has had experience at Guard/Tackle. Shelton's a tackle, DeMulling's first and foremost a guard. The prospect of having Peters or Teague at Left Tackle must be weighing heavily on his mind.

IMHO, Arizona wants the draft pick TD will use to grab the best Center available (Centers are often a 2nd rounder, not a first), so Shelton's probably out of the mix, and DeMulling's $3 million demands (plus the small detail he's not a tackle) are making this easier for TD--Get some Pork Chop in here!

270520[/snapback]

if we do sign him it's only because he's the cheapest.......he's defantiely not in the same class as shelton and demulling.........

I disagree. The Bills brass have to look at position as well as price.

Is there a Tackle in the draft you want on JP's blind side? No.

Is there a Tackle in FA better than what Womack could do? Probably Not.

I disagree.  The Bills brass have to look at position as well as price.

270526[/snapback]

Yeah, and we dont appear to be beating down the doors to sign Womack either, so back at ya:

Is there anyone out there in FA or the draft who want on JP's blindside? NO!!!

JP better get used to look-out blocks, you know....where the T takes a sidestep and yells, "look out"!

I disagree.  The Bills brass have to look at position as well as price.

270526[/snapback]

i don't think we'll sign womack to play tackle.......i still hold out hope something will be worked out for shelton.......i think they are looking at womack as a guard only.......why anyone would want an inexperienced backup like womack protecting JP's blindside is beyond me.........

Yeah, and we dont appear to be beating down the doors to sign Womack either...

270535[/snapback]

There's probably a reason for that. Such that decisions are best made rationally than rashly. The marginal value of adding Womack over what is on the roster isn't such that TD needs to "beat down the doors." There will be 53 players on the roster come August and it really doesn't matter that much, w/ McNally doing the job he's paid to do, whether the front office goes all NY Rangers on us. Signing high-priced vets doesn't guarantee anything other than a name on a jersey and salary cap grim reapers.

The off-season just doesn't seem to mesh w/ your personality. It's a slow process. Relax(!) and nurse a Genny or something.

There is one thing that is DEFINITE folks - let's start there.

Green has absolutely painted himself into a corner - Shelton MUST be traded. They already have not only signed a new lineman they (incredibly IMO!) publicly announced their starting Offensive line -which (duh :lol: ) did not include Shelton. A BACKUP making $3 mil per year??? That the coach has publicly decried???

So - given that eveyone including my grandmother - knows that Shelton is bye-bye, let's look at whom is in the running for Shelton.

Chicago is now out of the picture after their big OT signing of whats-his-name

That leaves Tampa and.....Buffalo. ANyone else know of any other teams in the Shelton "sweepstakes"?

Those of you willing to offer Henry AND a pick....well, I'm glad TD is in charge.

TD IS good at this folks. I still can't believe he was able to get a 1st rounder out of Atlanta for a player the Bills had no intention of signing. I think he is running Green in so many circles his head is spinning.

Now, with Travis, we are really in the drivers seat. WE DON'T HAVE TO TRADE HIM. A $1.25 mil backup RB who has rushed twice for 1400 yards? OVERPAID? I don't think so :lol:

So, Green has TWO choices. Trade Shelton to Tampa for a 2nd DAY pick OR trade with Buffalo for Henry (and a Ariz conditional pick based on performance?)

If I forgot a team in the Shelton market - please chime in. Actually, I am surprised no one else is in the mix but that seems to be the case.

-RnJ

CNJBBB

If I forgot a team in the Shelton market - please chime in. Actually, I am surprised no one else is in the mix but that seems to be the case.

270584[/snapback]

the rams were interested and still have a need at RT.........

There is one thing that is DEFINITE folks - let's start there.

TD IS good at this folks. I still can't believe he was able to get a 1st rounder out of Atlanta for a player the Bills had no intention of signing. I think he is running Green in so many circles his head is spinning.

Now, with Travis, we are really in the drivers seat. WE DON'T HAVE TO TRADE HIM. A $1.25 mil backup RB who has rushed twice for 1400 yards? OVERPAID? I don't think so :lol:

So, Green has TWO choices. Trade Shelton to Tampa for a 2nd DAY pick OR trade with Buffalo for Henry  (and a Ariz conditional pick based on performance?)

-RnJ

CNJBBB

270584[/snapback]

RNJ,

My thoughts exactly. I said last week that if this deal with Arizona gets done, I am willing to bet TD gets a pick out of them instead of giving it to them. TD is def. in the driver's seat here (isn't he always ?)

Yes except same division - not preferrable for AZ.

270596[/snapback]

Not disagreeing that the division thing may cross Denny's mind and prevent a trade to the Rams. But Denny is considering Shelton a bum that is not a starter on his team (whether its personal, or he feels its his talent is really yet to be determined... probably a mix of both---think about it, if TKO had a falling out with MM do you think he would be benched or would they find a way to work it out... if you are a starter in this league, you start) so therefore he may feel that it may be a benefit to send his "cast-offs" inside the division. This is a strange parable to this situation, but if we were offered a trade for John Fina by the Dolphins a few years back, would you have made it? Fina sucked in the later part of his career, our defense would get better simply by him being on their o-line. (if you disagree with me that fina sucked, pick another O-lineman for sake of argument) Anyway i don't see trading in the division a big deal for Denny.

Yeah, but what if Denny lands a RB he wants in the draft or FA?

270637[/snapback]

He (Green) may very well be thinking along these lines but then are you sure that this makes the Henry for Shelton deal LESS likely?

The scuttlebutt is that the Cards want Travis to sign a long term deal and w/o it won't make the trade. But, if the Cards plan to draft a RB in round 1, then wouldn't they prefer the one-year Travis Henry loan (the "payment" being the dumping of Shelton and his $3 mil salary) while the new RB gets his NFL legs? If Travis plays well, then they can neg. a new deal OR use the new RB. whatever.

Remember , Travis is C-H-E-A-P. A $1.25 mil backup RB is reasonable if the guy is any good at all - Henry is a one time pro bowler yada yada.

Green MUST get rid of Shelton. The question is, what can he get for him? IS a 4th or worse pick in 2005 better than Travis straight up? Of course not.

it's an opinion, deal with it...........do you disagree or will do you hold no opinion on the matter and defer all thoughts to TD and MM on the matter?

270655[/snapback]

I'm not on the TD bandwagon if that's what you mean. But I'm no crusader, either.

I'm sure we ALL know what your opinion is of TD (namely that he's cheap), so we get it. Really. There's no need to further reinforce that opinion. Honest.

It's meaningless whether or not I disagree with your opinion (even though I do). What bugs the living hell out of me is the fact that you spam it over and over.

If Alexander or James gets traded, Travis becomes a serious option for both teams. There are more dance partners for Travis than people think. TD's patience WILL PAY OFF......I bet a team that we're not thinking about will get Travis.....Stay tuned

Sorry I put this in the WOMACK thread....

Edited by THE TOMCAT

I'm not on the TD bandwagon if that's what you mean. But I'm no crusader, either.

I'm sure we ALL know what your opinion is of TD (namely that he's cheap), so we get it. Really. There's no need to further reinforce that opinion. Honest.

It's meaningless whether or not I disagree with your opinion (even though I do). What bugs the living hell out of me is the fact that you spam it over and over.

270668[/snapback]

i have never commented on womack before this week.........for all you know, i may think he's a bargain and a great signing by TD at a very reasonable price..

but the fact is that isn't how i feel and, thus, have stated as such.......i don't think he's better then shelton or demulling, and i don't think TD does either..........i do think that he will come cheaper then both and that is why TD is targetting him -- he's a 2nd rate talent at 2nd rate dollars.....again, do you disagree?......

it is not "spamming" or "crusading" when i state an opinion on a player i have never commented on before.......it is "spamming" and "crusading" for you to continually cry and whine about me posting an opinion on players when it would be much easier for you to put me on ignore and not read any of my posts........

again, you haven't even disputed what i said, so until your ready to talk football, waste your time elsewhere..........