Ve Have Vays of Making You Fit

Chef Jim

Just now, Chef Jim said:

So you’re good with your employer dictating your lifestyle choices?  I’m am in no way dissing exercise. I’m on the treadmill as I post this. It’s the “you MUST do this or you’re fired!” mentality that is very disconcerting. But good to see you’re a good little lemming.  

Madating anything outside the daily duties of the job description is a very scary precedent and again one of the main reasons I’m against univesal healthcare. 

A "good little lemming" is one who does gratuitous exercise.

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

A "good little lemming" is one who does gratuitous exercise.

No a lemming is one that only changes their lifestyle because it’s been madared or its what everyone else is doing.  Not a free thinker. 

24 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No a lemming is one that only changes their lifestyle because it’s been madared or its what everyone else is doing.  Not a free thinker. 

Yep... Say that again.

Because they are all fat and lazy at work because said employer isn't working them hard enough.  Now you get an employer that asks a little physical activity and they wilt.  "I am a free thinker, you can't tell me to move my body at work... Because the job you bestowed upon is making me a fat lazy slug!"  "I am so not "labor"." :lol:

Hit the treadmill on your free time with the rest of the lemmings.  Hamsters like their exercise wheel.

Keep swinging for the fences Chef... You're wiffing badly... But you are trying!  You are so not mainstream. :P

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yep... Say that again.

Because they are all fat and lazy at work because said employer isn't working them hard enough.  Now you get an employer that asks a little physical activity and they wilt.  "I am a free thinker, you can't tell me to move my body at work... Because the job you bestowed upon is making me a fat lazy slug!"  "I am so not "labor"." :lol:

Hit the treadmill on your free time with the rest of the lemmings.  Hamsters like their exercise wheel.

Keep swinging for the fences Chef... You're wiffing badly... But you are trying!  You are so not mainstream. :P

Ahhh par for the course gibberish from you.  The word is “tells” not “asks” right?  You do see the difference don’t you?  Again how would you feel if your employer forced to you go to happy hour every Friday and you really hate all your coworkers, don’t drink and you’re staying away from greasy happy hour food and you’d rather be with your family? Answer me that? 

And i I do not “hit the treadmill” because I’m a lemming. I hit the treadmill because I, because of my own volition. A lifestyle choice I made three years ago. 

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ahhh par for the course gibberish from you.  The word is “tells” not “asks” right?  You do see the difference don’t you?  Again how would you feel if your employer forced to you go to happy hour every Friday and you really hate all your coworkers, don’t drink and you’re staying away from greasy happy hour food and you’d rather be with your family? Answer me that? 

And i I do not “hit the treadmill” because I’m a lemming. I hit the treadmill because I, because of my own volition. A lifestyle choice I made three years ago. 

Yeah, the gibberish cop out.  Fair enough.

Guess what... If I hated my job and co-workers... I got two feet. Time to move on.

Wow.  You sound like a Snowflake too.

There is a difference between occupation and vocation... And neither are salvation.

Strange... Thou protest too much.  Glad you got your exercise issues back on track for 5% of the time you spent gracing the world.  Better late than never.:P

It's just freaking "work gym class."  Claim you got your period, get a note from mom... Employer will understand, it's freaking Scandinavia! You'll be able to kick back while all the others at work do their Japanese calisthenics.:P

On 3/1/2018 at 8:14 PM, mead107 said:

I'm a fat person and I go to the gym 5 days a week.

GE does a voluntary stretch every day at the beginning of each shift.  Only 15% do it. 

You have to lay off the stromboli! ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

What happens if your doctor prohibits you from exercising?  Are they going to go against doctor's orders?

And before anyone says "that never happens", it has happened to me several times in my life. The prohibitions were eventually lifted (years later), but it does happen.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What happens if your doctor prohibits you from exercising?  Are they going to go against doctor's orders?

And before anyone says "that never happens", it has happened to me several times in my life. The prohibitions were eventually lifted (years later), but it does happen.

Can I get the name and number of your doctor please? :D

My company issued pedometers to everyone. The kind that get registered to a web site. If you maintain about 5,000 steps per day you can get a few hundred dollars added to a health care savings account. Most people go along with it. It’s not a hard goal at all. A few people complain about another web based intrusion. 

4 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

My company issued pedometers to everyone. The kind that get registered to a web site. If you maintain about 5,000 steps per day you can get a few hundred dollars added to a health care savings account. Most people go along with it. It’s not a hard goal at all. A few people complain about another web based intrusion. 

I absolutely agree about the web based intrusion however this is a much better idea.  Show you go to the gym a few times a week and get $$ added to your HSA.  There's your carrot vs your stick.  

19 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah, the gibberish cop out.  Fair enough.

Guess what... If I hated my job and co-workers... I got two feet. Time to move on.

Wow.  You sound like a Snowflake too.

There is a difference between occupation and vocation... And neither are salvation.

Strange... Thou protest too much.  Glad you got your exercise issues back on track for 5% of the time you spent gracing the world.  Better late than never.:P

It's just freaking "work gym class."  Claim you got your period, get a note from mom... Employer will understand, it's freaking Scandinavia! You'll be able to kick back while all the others at work do their Japanese calisthenics.:P

It's not just a "freaking gym class workout".  It's an employer mandate to either do something outside of your job description or lose your job.  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I absolutely agree about the web based intrusion however this is a much better idea.  Show you go to the gym a few times a week and get $$ added to your HSA.  There's your carrot vs your stick.  

It's not just a "freaking gym class workout".  It's an employer mandate to either do something outside of your job description or lose your job.  

You sound like a strict "Unionist." You gotta be joking.

Why thou protest too much? Tell me Mr.Advisor, is it really beneath you to exert some sweat equity (towards staying healthy in your career) outside your job description?  Come on... Be a team player.

Should be in everybody's line of work:

"All duties as assigned"

They ain't asking you to go plunge the toilet, be thrilled.

Wow... Alter world we live in here.  You defending the Unionist argument, myself defending management's right to make sure they keep their LABOR (yes, you are their labor) healthy and not croaking on them.  Remember the good old days when they worked labor to death. I gather that's getting to be a bit expensive nowadays.  Cheaper just to "mandate" (in your words) an hour of gym class.

Hey Boss... Can we play dodgeball or floor hockey?  Can the ladies in accounting be "skins"... Us guys in shipping will be "shirts."

:D Boy, this is fun shooting down the fat, lazy, elitist professional American "I don't wanna work, too good to sweat on my job argument."  Don't worry your clientele won't see you.

This sucks. The rest of the world now taking us to task on getting down and dirty while doing our jobs... And it's only gym class.  I hope they don't make me climb that rope and ring the bell.  I hated that, I was a band guy... We never did that at Band Camp.  I will have to call in sick on rope climbing day.

Please Mr.Prez... MAGA! :lol:

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Tell me Mr.Advisor, is it really beneath you to exert some sweat equity (towards staying healthy in your career) outside your job description?  Come on... Be a team player.

Beneath me??  Nope I'm a self motivator.  Not my bosses job to force me or any of my co-workers to stay healthy.  That starts and ends with me and only me.  But the good liberal lemming that you are probably doesn't understand that.  And that is my only point I'm making.  So continue to post your dumb gibberish I'm done explaining my position to you.

On 3/2/2018 at 4:56 PM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Imagine Chef Jim in his lavender spandex doing a yoga class, and then farting every time he tries to hold a pose.

NO! Just NO. I don’t want to imagine THAT. And now I want to get that image out of my mind! 

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Beneath me??  Nope I'm a self motivator.  Not my bosses job to force me or any of my co-workers to stay healthy.  That starts and ends with me and only me.  But the good liberal lemming that you are probably doesn't understand that.  And that is my only point I'm making.  So continue to post your dumb gibberish I'm done explaining my position to you.

Yeah... A real "self-motivator"... If it took you 57 years. :P Just imagine what the average employer has to do to keep their average labor slug healthy so as not to break their bank?

And these are the issues that get people riled up. Really?  :lol:

Here's a better idea. You don't get healthy, you're fired. Don't do "all duties as assigned (in this case gym class to keep healthcare costs down), you're fired.

Yeah... I am a good little liberal.