Steve Tasker's Outside-The-Box Idea To Solve The Bills QB Situation

BuffaloRush

14 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tasker is on the CBS F team year after year for a reason.  He mostly babbles and makes obvious points while he talks in circles.  If that's your idea of professional, then have at it. 

I agree with Buffalo Rush here. I don't think he's good, but he's OK/middling. He's lasted quite a while, which tells you that the network doesn't regard him as garbage. .

2 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

He played well...in a blizzard where he wasn't asked to pass much. K.

So all it takes for Peterman to play good is an act of God. 

Honestly I'm not one to want to dismiss that he may be a player "someday". But to want to see more of him now is just insane. 

I just want him to get a fair shot at the QB position. One game doesn't make a career.

1 minute ago, BBills88 said:

It's not the stats that impress me. He was accurate that number could have easily 7/8 of 10 not for a few drops. I would like to see him get a fair shot at the QB position when earned. 

He looked okay, but the QoC against in Colts along with the conditions were factors. He's not primary in their considerations that's for sure.  A veteran bridge and high round rookie could easily mean he'll be gone or on the practice squad. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He looked okay, but the QoC against in Colts along with the conditions were factors. He's not primary in their considerations that's for sure.  A veteran bridge and high round rookie could easily mean he'll be gone or on the practice squad. 

We will see.  Like all Bills fans I want us to find our next franchise QB. 

30 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

I just want him to get a fair shot at the QB position. One game doesn't make a career.

Why? Because he looked "ok" (mind you not good or great) in preseason against other 3rd string/PS guys? Because he was declared "pro ready"? 

He's a 5th round pick. He was a 5th round pick for a reason. See all these QB needy teams? Some of them needed a QB last year too and said no thanks for 5 rounds. 

At the VERY best he needs major time to develop. He has a WR coach for a QB coach. He has a defensive minded HC. Not saying he can't be something one day, just saying he's not in a great place to make leaps and bounds progress.

2 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Why? Because he looked "ok" (mind you not good or great) in preseason against other 3rd string/PS guys? Because he was declared "pro ready"? 

He's a 5th round pick. He was a 5th round pick for a reason. See all these QB needy teams? Some of them needed a QB last year too and said no thanks for 5 rounds. 

At the VERY best he needs major time to develop. He has a WR coach for a QB coach. He has a defensive minded HC. Not saying he can't be something one day, just saying he's not in a great place to make leaps and bounds progress.

Gems come from all rounds in the NFL draft. I'm just optimistic. 

20 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

Oh, they can. But way more often than not complete nobodies com from the 5th and later rounds. Especially at QB. 

You build a team with optimism and potential. I'll build mine with higher percentage players and skill.

12 hours ago, Buffahoper said:

Nathan Peterman represents some of the worst NFL production in recent history, he is Jeff Tuel level, not even Levi Brown level. 

You are wrong about that.   He can't hold Jeff Tuel's jockstrap.   And Tuel was a toolish 3rd stringer.

If Peterman and Tuel arm wrestle - Tuel wins

If Peterman and Tuel fistfight - Tuel wins

If Peterman and Tuel compete as quarterbacks - Tuel wins

If Peterman and Tuel mudwrestle, Tuel wins

If Peterman and Tuel compete for most interceptions - Peterman wins.    I knew there had to be something there that Peterman was a better tool at.

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Who would pay McCown $10 million + bonuses with zero intention of him starting a game? That's crazy talk. You can sign a backup QB mentor far cheaper than that.

Why would you pay him $10 million + bonuses.  

His one year contract as a starter last year he got $6 million.    

League minimum for him is $1 million.    My guess is the Bills could get him for somewhere between $1 and $6 million depending on demand for him - which I doubt is very high.   They will be bidding against the Jets who have made it clear they want a different veteran to start next year.

1 hour ago, BBills88 said:

i for one see some qualities in peterman that i look for in a real nfl qb. he can make passes our last qb couldn't dream of.

i want to see him get a chance in a neutral setting to see him perform.

you will get endless ,mindless, snark from the tyrod club if you mention peterman, that is for sure.

4 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i for one see some qualities in peterman that i look for in a real nfl qb. he can make passes our last qb couldn't dream of.

i want to see him get a chance in a neutral setting to see him perform.

you will get endless ,mindless, snark from the tyrod club if you mention peterman, that is for sure.

How many picks do you let him throw before you bench him though? 6 more?  12?  18?  hummina bid now can I get a 20?

1 hour ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

we've seen 3 years of a  6thrd...yes 6th(that's lower than 5th rd. nobody) who sat behind a sb winning qb, and has been around for 7 yrs..... suck beyond belief.

7 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i knew this was coming. you guys are going to have to get used to the idea that tyrod will be gone and peterman will be here next season. i comment on what i see in possibilities with nathan.....kind of looking at what we have instead of making comments about the past.

Unless the Bills sign Cousins or maybe Keenum, I don't think Peterman will be with the Bills when the season starts unless he's still eligible for the practice squad.  Whether the Bills keep Tyrod or sign another bridge QB, they'll have a first or second round rookie QB as their backup.  There's no way that they will go with a rookie and Peterman.

7 hours ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Mccown is and always has been a journey man QB which means he has been behind some great QBs in the past. He has had some success in the past and has been in so long that I'm sure he could mentor a young QB on being pro and not just on the field play but preparation. Any rookie would love to have a guy sitting next to them helping and really investing in them instead of competing and trying to steal their job. 

Aside from a few years in Arizona when he was behind Kurt Warner, McCown has played on qb needy teams as bad or worse than the Bills have been since they sent Flutie packing.