She's "saving her life"

I had a 'discussion' the other day with a friend of mine....he is of the mindset that if a woman dresses a certain way then she is asking to be 'slut shamed' or be a target for cat-calls etc....i am of the total opposite opinion.  I think you dress how you like and it doesn't give ANYONE the right to criticize, ridicule etc....perhaps i am of the minority but he wholeheartedly believes that women/people should be treated that way....

• Like (+1) 1

No One has the right to do It, but you have to be willing to accept that it's going to happen.

You can't expect to go out scantily clad and  have no one look/stare. They won't be looking at you for your IQ dressed like that.

As for this one, so because of the "bullying/ridicule" she received for her revealing clothing, she believes the best way to combat that is to take off more clothes in photos?  This situation seems more of a "woah is me, its so hard to be good looking" whine. Like the woman who claimed she was too good looking to find a date.

Oh i get it and i am guilty of admiring a female that dresses nicely and looks nice, but i keep that admiration to myself, i certainly wouldn't make any comments or cat-calls to her.  This friend of mine feels that 'she' gets deserves what she gets based on how 'she' is dressed.  And he was saying this as his wife was sitting next to him....she disagreed with him as well but wasn't as vocal about it as i was

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

No One has the right to do It, but you have to be willing to accept that it's going to happen.

You can't expect to go out scantily clad and  have no one look/stare. They won't be looking at you for your IQ dressed like that.

As for this one, so because of the "bullying/ridicule" she received for her revealing clothing, she believes the best way to combat that is to take off more clothes in photos?  This situation seems more of a "woah is me, its so hard to be good looking" whine. Like the woman who claimed she was too good looking to find a date.

Edited by The Poojer

4 hours ago, The Poojer said:

I had a 'discussion' the other day with a friend of mine....he is of the mindset that if a woman dresses a certain way then she is asking to be 'slut shamed' or be a target for cat-calls etc....i am of the total opposite opinion.  I think you dress how you like and it doesn't give ANYONE the right to criticize, ridicule etc....perhaps i am of the minority but he wholeheartedly believes that women/people should be treated that way....

Yeah...but she was being "slut shamed" for showing cleavage in Dubai.

That's not "bullying."  That's "being in Dubai."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:43 AM, The Poojer said:

Oh i get it and i am guilty of admiring a female that dresses nicely and looks nice, but i keep that admiration to myself, i certainly wouldn't make any comments or cat-calls to her.  This friend of mine feels that 'she' gets deserves what she gets based on how 'she' is dressed.  And he was saying this as his wife was sitting next to him....she disagreed with him as well but wasn't as vocal about it as i was

I think it goes both ways.  I don't think there's any excuse for someone to act that way; to treat anyone with such disrespect.  It's also just a simple, guaranteed part of humanity, and I have no sympathy whatsoever for the girl in question if they dress that way.

We don't get to do anything we want, without repercussion, just because we want to.  Life just doesn't work that way.