PFF: How the Vikings Might Handle Their QB Dilemma

On 2/12/2018 at 8:25 PM, Da webster guy said:

Cousins numbers and situation are very similar to Brees' last few years in San Diego.   3500 yard range, 25 td, a dozen picks.  QbR in the 90's range.  Good competitor with big upside in the right system.   

??? Cousins has thrown for >4000 yds for the last 3 years in a row

I do see the analogy in team perception and treatment though.  By Brees 3rd year, the Chargers felt he wasn't going to be The Man so they drafted Rivers.  The next year, he played great, but they were "eh, Fluke, and we've got our guy now" - had to franchise him to keep him in town.  By the time they cleared their vision of him, he was gone.

On 2/7/2018 at 6:27 AM, billsfan89 said:

They will likely have Bradford be the odd man out, he simply can't stay healthy, he might also command the most money of the trio. Keenum might have been a one hit wonder but it should be fairly affordable to get him back, Teddy's knee exploded but I think they will bring him back as plan B.

How can a guy with serious injury concerns command big money? I think he signs a 1yr deal with playing time incentives. 

On 3/1/2018 at 5:14 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Heard something on the radio and I don’t know the validity of the statement or if I misheard the report. 

The Vikes HC better pick the right QB or get fired.   

...pretty sure it was a "tongue in cheek" quote from Zim...............

On 3/4/2018 at 3:29 AM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

How can a guy with serious injury concerns command big money? I think he signs a 1yr deal with playing time incentives. 

I don't know why but teams !@#$ing fall in love with Bradford for some reason. It is possible you are right that he signs a modest 1 year deal with a lot of incentives. But QB's get overpaid and Bradford is the type of QB that teams like (Accurate and can protect the ball.)