Why not make a play for AJ McCarron?

14 minutes ago, eball said:

And this is because of the vast QB drafting history of the current Bills' regime?

You do realize Beane was part of the process in Carolina drafting Newton, right?

Too frequently I have no idea what folks are thinking before they post.

To be clear I have no doubt they WANT to, but  rather whether they’ll be ABLE to.

On 2/1/2018 at 9:06 PM, Domdab99 said:

what is with you people? He's a career backup. Might as well stick with Peterman.

McCarron has not perfected the art of throwing interceptions as  Peterman has.     Stick a fork in Peterman.   Hand McCarron a small paycheck.   Draft a more promising QB.

McCarron starts.   Rookie takes over part way into season if McCarron is sucking.   If McCarron plays well, he stays till rookie outplays him in practice consistently.

18 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why is everyone obsessed with blaaaahhhh vet QBs who basically don't stand a chance of being Elite?

I am willing to bet the vast majority of people who want to bring in a vet don't expect that vet to ever be Elite.   So you are arguing about things that don't even exist.

Bills can bring in a vet other than the 3 already on the roster now and still draft a QB.    I think that is what most people want.   And why not bring in a vet with a chance for some upside?   You know, actually try to win as many games as possible next year while the rookie learns the ropes.

14 hours ago, #34fan said:

Feb 15 simply cannot get here fast enough... This is one of the most overrated QB classes I've seen in a very long time... There's MAYBE a single day-1 starter at QB in the whole bunch! -And it isn't like this team has a stellar record in developing young QB's either... 

I bet you are wrong about that.   I think this will go down in history as one of the best quarterback drafts ever.    I think a handful of these guys are going to end up being starters on teams within a few years and stay starters because they are good enough.

Of course it is just my opinion and I could be completely wrong.

10 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Wasn't Taylor a bkup when we signed him.  U see my point. McCarron can do better throwing the ball and that's QBs are supposed to do. Play QB.

Taylor was signed when the Bills had Manuel and another QB (don't remember who it was) on the roster who were listed ahead of him on the depth chart.  He outplayed them both and won the starting job in the preseason.   He wasn't signed with the intention of his being the starting QB over the QBs the Bills already had.

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Taylor was signed when the Bills had Manuel and another QB (don't remember who it was) on the roster who were listed ahead of him on the depth chart.  He outplayed them both and won the starting job in the preseason.   He wasn't signed with the intention of his being the starting QB over the QBs the Bills already had.

Matt Cassel. Who, according to Maj Bobby and Jmc123456 beat out Tyrod for the starting job because he took the first snap on a trick play that backfired. 

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Matt Cassel. Who, according to Maj Bobby and Jmc123456 beat out Tyrod for the starting job because he took the first snap on a trick play that backfired. 

Thanks.  I thought it might be a Matt ... either Cassel or Flynn.  :D