Who works out ?? at the gym ?

mead107

12 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I belong to a gym and go like 2-3 times per month, only to play racketball. Kind of a waste of money. I haven’t played in a few months due to tennis elbow. I am thinking of quitting, but feel bad for quitting on my buddy who I play with.

otherwise, I work out around 6 days per week.

1) M,W, F: basketball 

2) TH, Sat: outdoor exercise group (mostly a mix of cardio, core, and CrossFit type exercises)

3) then try to squeeze in some light free weights at home once per week. Will also occasionally get on the exercise bike once per week.

by the way, does anyone do the 5x5 lifting program? I have a few buddies who swear by it. 

I use the 5x5

i am battling the exact same thing...it is debilitating at times and it doesn't seem to get better...mine happened around october/november, it even hurts to the touch at times.  it has caused me to lose 100% of the little motivation i had to drag my fat ass to the gym

5 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I have been suffering from tennis elbow since July. Got it playing golf. (Also have golfers elbow in my other elbow). It is ridiculously painful! There was a point where I couldn’t shake someone’s hand without doubling over. I was doing PT for a while and quit because it was silly (just massaging the arm).

i had to stop all racket sports and am holding off on golf in any event until the summer. But hoping I am better enough to pick up a tennis racket again by April.