C*ck Robin

Chef Jim

Saw them back in the late 70s. I think it was at  Patrick Henry's  (became Stage One). I remember them covering White Punks on Dope and  What Do You WantFrom Life? .

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Saw them back in the late 70s. I think it was at  Patrick Henry's  (became Stage One). I remember them covering White Punks on Dope and  What Do You WantFrom Life? .

Yeah. They did a good rendition of White Punks on Dope.

Talas was light years ahead of them though. That was a serious band.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

For those of us who grew up in WNY during the 70's obviously remember this band.  I noticed they are playing the Sportsman in Buffalo next weekend.  I'll be in town and really have no desire to go into Buffalo but thought I'd let some of you other old farts know. 

So, did you run around yelling I WANT MORE C*CK way back then ???

12 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Talas was light years ahead of them though. That was a serious band.

Two very different genres of music.   I do agree that Talas was the much better of the two but CR brought out the chicks.  :D

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Billy Sheehan & Talas did a gig @ West Seneca West JUNIOR High back in the day when my older siblings went there.

CR played a high school dance at our school once. That was huge seeing we were a very tiny school out in the sticks.  I remember being up front blowing pot smoke up towards the stage as my way of saying "we may be in the sticks but we know how to party!"  Yeah I was cool.  :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

They did however the song they did that sticks most in my head was Never Been Any Reason by Head East

We saw them almost every Thursday Night at the Primitive Scene in Batavia. $10 I think for all the beer you could drink.  18 legal drinking age.  We were all certain they were watering down the beer. We'd pound that **** all night and walk out to the parking lot and ask "are you drunk, because I'm not?"