Scot McCloughan on Kirk Cousins: "I Don't See Special" - Headed for UFA

On 1/19/2018 at 6:09 PM, GoBills808 said:

Of course he doesn't. Him and Snyder are the reason Cousin is going to be available. Using a McCloughan quote on Cousins is laughable. 

Have you seen this guy's drafts, either with the Niners or Washington? He doesn't see special period.

Are you kidding me?  If it weren't for him being a drunk that sometimes goes AWOL he'd be one of the most coveted Front Office people in the NFL.  He is responsible for building the Seahawks into a juggernaut (Russell Wilson, Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, etc.) and turning the Redskins from a team with bloated veteran FA contracts into a younger more talented team.

Like all guys that are GMs he didn't always knock it out of the park in the draft, but he is talented at putting together a roster that wins.

Buffalo Bills

If the Jaguars seemed like a quarterback away from the Super Bowl, that was legitimately the case for the Bills. Remember: This is the same outfit that thought so little of Tyrod Taylor that first-year coach Sean McDermott benched him in Week 11 for rookie Nathan Peterman, who promptly threw five interceptions in 30 minutes. McDermott had no choice but to reinsert Taylor, who started the rest of the season. But his lackluster performance in the playoffs reinforced the idea that the Bills, who returned to the postseason for the first time since 1999, needed a franchise quarterback and that would be at the top of the offseason to-do list. Buffalo has playmakers in LeSean McCoy, Zay Jones, Kelvin Benjamin and Charles Clay, and Cousins would add some much-needed balance to a one-dimensional offense.

The Bills have $30.9 million in cap space in 2018, according to Spotrac.

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

If true,  am sure that will disappoint many here who want Cousins

I believe it's philosophical with Beane building via the draft with young cost controlled players as he's stated on several occasions in addition to salary cap considerations that have been complicated by Wood's unanticipated retirement. 

5 hours ago, Ayjent said:

Are you kidding me?  If it weren't for him being a drunk that sometimes goes AWOL he'd be one of the most coveted Front Office people in the NFL.  He is responsible for building the Seahawks into a juggernaut (Russell Wilson, Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, etc.) and turning the Redskins from a team with bloated veteran FA contracts into a younger more talented team.

Like all guys that are GMs he didn't always knock it out of the park in the draft, but he is talented at putting together a roster that wins.

McCloughan would like that to be the story "he is responsible for building the Seahawks into a juggernaut"

Remember John Schneider was the GM and Carroll has a lot of say on personnel matters too.

I'm not saying he isn't a gifted personnel talent evaluater, but to transition that into "most coveted FO people" is IMO a stretch.  Personally I think he may be one of those guys like Whaley (except better) who can evaluate talent but a few pieces short of the strategic/business aspect of building a team.

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm sorry, but even if you don't love cousins, you need to at least bring him in for a workout, talk to him, see what he's all about.

I'll be very disappointed in the front office if they don't at least give him a good look.