Roads are bad in NC Today

JoeF

18 hours ago, simool said:

North Carolina is obviously loaded with drivers that have mas winter driving skills. FFS. Rookies. I could pilot a one legged dog through that while intoxicated. Ez Pz.

52fd1628-6b0f-ebb9-0892-44074c4cc6da-728

I drove in it for fun. I drove friends in to work this morning.  It's nice out here.  I was flying yesterday. I passed a cop doing 65 in a 55 on business 85; he just watched me drive by...

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

I drove in it for fun. I drove friends in to work this morning.  It's nice out here.  I was flying yesterday. I passed a cop doing 65 in a 55 on business 85; he just watched me drive by...

Hopefully you have some Bills bling on your rig. :thumbsup: 

18 minutes ago, simool said:

Hopefully you have some Bills bling on your rig. :thumbsup: 

Grand Cherokee has the standing Buffalo decal on back window and bills plates up front

F350 has a large charging Buffalo on window

Farm truck decal drawn on it and I took a marker and drew a bills logo on the tailgate.

Polaris ranger, bills decal

S10, bills magnet and spray painted buffalo 

Big tractor bills logo in mail

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Farm truck decal drawn on it and I took a marker and drew a bills logo on the tailgate.

This is awesome.  Adapt, improvise, overcome.  Probably looks a bit tougher than a formal logo anyway. B-)

What the hell do you farm in Carolina?  Tobacco? Cotton? Pine needles? Surely no beans and corn?

47 minutes ago, simool said:

This is awesome.  Adapt, improvise, overcome.  Probably looks a bit tougher than a formal logo anyway. B-)

What the hell do you farm in Carolina?  Tobacco? Cotton? Pine needles? Surely no beans and corn?

I do farm here but livestock, not row crop.  Soybeans are popular here. Corn, as well.

But grass-fed beef primarily.  I'm have begun working on bees and chickens. I'll be doing sheep/goats this year.  Really want a zebra just for fun in the fall. $3-5k 

And don't call me Shirley

There's a post on social media with a fake picture of governor Cooper writing an executive order bill for the snow emergency saying that companies cannot fire you for missing work today or yesterdaydue to the snow that fell and is nearly already gone. It is about the funniest thing I've ever God damn seen. I really hope one of my employees tries to use that **** tomorrow because I will slap them so silly it won't even matter with the simple fact that this is a right to work state I can fire them for just looking Goofy. The image itself has been shared 10,000 times

I was driving south from Burlington to Middlebury yesterday during a pretty decent snow storm.....more vehicles in the ditches than on the road.  All Vermonters.  What the hell?  Why don’t these people know how to drive in the snow??

Best thing about it was nearly half of the vehicles off the road were these giant 4 wheel drive trucks :wacko:

56 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was driving south from Burlington to Middlebury yesterday during a pretty decent snow storm.....more vehicles in the ditches than on the road.  All Vermonters.  What the hell?  Why don’t these people know how to drive in the snow??

Best thing about it was nearly half of the vehicles off the road were these giant 4 wheel drive trucks :wacko:

So many people don't know how to drive in general.  Why would you expect them to be able to drive in snow?

18 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I dunno...maybe because most of these people learned how to drive in the mountains or VT.

Watch what so many will do under ideal conditions.  That is the perfect explanation of why they suck so much in the snow.  If someone can't even read at a third grade level, they sure as hell aren't reading a novel.

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I do farm here but livestock, not row crop.  Soybeans are popular here. Corn, as well.

But grass-fed beef primarily.  I'm have begun working on bees and chickens. I'll be doing sheep/goats this year.  Really want a zebra just for fun in the fall. $3-5k 

And don't call me Shirley

I visited to the Myrtle Beach area a couple of times when I was younger, which probably explains why I did not think of corn and beans being grown there.  A Zebra!? are'nt they notoriously mean and predisposed to biting?

I know some people who live in the north Carolina (originally from Rochester). I was asking them if people there freak out about snow like it's portrayed they do. They said yes, and that when they went to the grocery store a few nights before the "storm", all the stores were out of milk and water. I asked how much snow they had where they lived and they said 5 inches lol. It's laughable to us, but down there it's like the apocalypse 

12 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I know some people who live in the north Carolina (originally from Rochester). I was asking them if people there freak out about snow like it's portrayed they do. They said yes, and that when they went to the grocery store a few nights before the "storm", all the stores were out of milk and water. I asked how much snow they had where they lived and they said 5 inches lol. It's laughable to us, but down there it's like the apocalypse 

Just not equipped to handle it.  I was in Buffalo between Christmas and New Years and drove a lot -- its nothing to drive in the snow in WNY because the main roads are constantly being cleared and treated, folks know how to use low gear and be cautious on side streets and because its below freezing most days there's not as much of the black ice/freeze-thaw-refreeze issue. 

Today's a perfect example of Southerners dealing with snow...a lot of thawing as the temp got above freezing with a lot of sunlight...but no treatment during the day-- temp goes down below 20 and its hockey rinks for streets in the AM.   Consequently, schools are now out for the third straight day....

Edited by JoeF

2 hours ago, simool said:

I visited to the Myrtle Beach area a couple of times when I was younger, which probably explains why I did not think of corn and beans being grown there.  A Zebra!? are'nt they notoriously mean and predisposed to biting?

They're no different than any other animal if you know what youre doing. Give them no reason to be a dick and they won't be a dick. A lot of these petting zoos and stuff have poorly behaved animals because they're teased and hassled by a public who antagonizes them.

A zebra is similar to a donkey in a disposition that it can be a real jerk. But it doesn't mean to be, just the nature of it. But they won't seek to harm you unless antagonized.

Then again, I had a lady over tonight and they bit her finger pretty hard.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

You have to remember. We have no equipment to remove it. We use motograders to clear highways and front end loaders in neighborhoods. The plows get out on the interstates. 

And a back country road with Carolina hills could take 2 or 3 days for a plow and then temps in the mid 40s cause melting and refreeze. I've known people stranded for a week over just 1".  

34 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

They're no different than any other animal if you know what youre doing. Give them no reason to be a dick and they won't be a dick. A lot of these petting zoos and stuff have poorly behaved animals because they're teased and hassled by a public who antagonizes them.

A zebra is similar to a donkey in a disposition that it can be a real jerk. But it doesn't mean to be, just the nature of it. But they won't seek to harm you unless antagonized.

Then again, I had a lady over tonight and they bit her finger pretty hard.

You have to remember. We have no equipment to remove it. We use motograders to clear highways and front end loaders in neighborhoods. The plows get out on the interstates. 

And a back country road with Carolina hills could take 2 or 3 days for a plow and then temps in the mid 40s cause melting and refreeze. I've known people stranded for a week over just 1".  

Yes, I realize the south isn't nearly as prepeared as the north. It's just crazy to think how an entire community, or state(s) will shut down over a few inches of snow. 

17 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

One of the plows I've seen around here looks like it's straight from the 60s.  I'm fortunate that I can work from home when I want, so I don't bother messing with the poorly treated roads.

I saw a perfect example today of why I just stay at home even though I could easily drive around.  The weather is fine now and any roads close to my house are completely cleared.  I drove out to the store today and I had a pickup truck behind me that had his entire windshield covered with snow, except for a 1 foot wide spot in front of the driver's seat.  The rest of his truck was completely clear.  That kind of idiot is the exact reason why I decide to lay low.