Bush Bounce "Modest"

blzrul

link

Which is pretty much what the RNC stated before and during the convention they expected. This is the poll taken AFTER, not before and during the convention.

Again it's another small sampling but is consistent with all the other polls...another tight race is all.

link

Which is pretty much what the RNC stated before and during the convention they expected.  This is the poll taken AFTER, not before and during the convention.

Again it's another small sampling but is consistent with all the other polls...another tight race is all.

20214[/snapback]

The Communist News Network, huh? :flirt:

I'll go with the Time Poll...

This is so funny, the battle of the polls.

Look, the RNC did an expotentialy better job at presenting themselves then did the DNC. People saw most of what they needed to see, and the final nail in the coffin will be the debates. Trust me, after the first one or two, kerry will stop asking for one a week. He will get slapped around like a crack whore.

But like I have continued to say, at least kerry is entertaining.

link

Which is pretty much what the RNC stated before and during the convention they expected.  This is the poll taken AFTER, not before and during the convention.

20214[/snapback]

I could go on and on about polls. The Dem's took great stock in the Time poll when it helped them. The Rep's now take great stock when it shines on them.

It will surely be close. Kerry has a certain disagreeable air about him...I think yesterday's announcement of national staff replacement is telling.

He's coming again to Cincinnatti to speak of an Iraq plan. A few months ago, he said troops would be out in 6 months and today he says 4 years. How can he lay himself so open to easy punches?

What are error margins... +/- 4 or 5%?

20959[/snapback]

Plus or minus four OR five percent?

Now the margins of error have margins of error? :rolleyes::unsure:

(Typically, the error's about 3.5% for a random 1000 unit sample. Political polls aren't quite a random sampling though, despite the media's insistence.)

I heard it was the lowest by any incumbant coming off his convention in the last 50 years or so.

Is this true?

Given this climate... Might be good enough.

20957[/snapback]

I don't know...but I have a hard time imagining Bush I or Carter were doing all that well immediately after their conventions.

I don't know...but I have a hard time imagining Bush I or Carter were doing all that well immediately after their conventions.

21043[/snapback]

I heard yesterday with regards to the "Is the Country on the Right Track?" poll that Bush's number (43 or 44%) is better than Clinton's in 1996 (39%).

Makes me wonder if *any* president is enormously popular or accomplished following his first term. Seems like every 2-term president gets the bulk of his accomplishments in the second term. Emphasis on "seems like" as I have no research to back this up.

I heard yesterday with regards to the "Is the Country on the Right Track?" poll that Bush's number (43 or 44%) is better than Clinton's in 1996 (39%).

Makes me wonder if *any* president is enormously popular or accomplished following his first term.  Seems like every 2-term president gets the bulk of his accomplishments in the second term.  Emphasis on "seems like" as I have no research to back this up.

21156[/snapback]

Then there is the curse of the second term:

Clinton-Monica

Reagan-Iran/Contra

Nixon-WaterGate

Johnson... What was that?... Not really a second termer???

Eisenhower-U2 fiasco.

??

Then there is the curse of the second term:

Clinton-Monica

Reagan-Iran/Contra

Nixon-WaterGate

Johnson... What was that?... Not really a second termer???

Eisenhower-U2 fiasco.

??

21602[/snapback]

Of course some presidents have their first term problems as well:

Carter - Iran hostages

Clinton - WideWater

Clinton - Foster murder

Johnson - Vietnam escalation

Kennedy - Monroe (and about 50 other women)

Of course some presidents have their first term problems as well:

Carter - Iran hostages

Clinton - WideWater

Clinton - Foster murder

Johnson - Vietnam escalation

Kennedy - Monroe (and about 50 other women)

21604[/snapback]

Hey what about?

Eishenhower- Wasn't there some mistress deal?

Nixon-Kent State and that enduring cluster-eff we call Vietnam... Operation Fishhook, his 1970 SOTU address and another 3-5 years... ;):doh:... WaterGate (Just not exposed yet)...

Reagn-Iran-Contra (just not exposed yet)...

Bush-S & L scandel

I think it is fair to say they all have their problems. I think it also fair to say the Republicans hide their demons better, just like schoolyard girls... :P

I see the DNC put out another talking points memo yesterday. Rush had clips of at least a half dozen libs saying the exact same line about a bounce. Some of the people here must have got it too.

I see the DNC put out another talking points memo yesterday. Rush had clips of at least a half dozen libs saying the exact same line about a bounce.  Some of the people here must have got it too.

22806[/snapback]

REALLY? I could have SWORN that was just original thinking, given the type of rhetoric they throw out. It's amazing to think a GROUP of people actually gave this thought and decided this strategy was a good idea.

"Hey, let's tell everyone that Bush doesn't drive a biodiesel vehicle! That'll piss people off."

I see the DNC put out another talking points memo yesterday. Rush had clips of at least a half dozen libs saying the exact same line about a bounce.  Some of the people here must have got it too.

22806[/snapback]

Repeat after me: Kerry's not Dukakis. Kerry's not Dukakis. Kerry's not Dukakis.

Apparently, if the libs repeat that often enough it'll come true.