Fixing the pass rush

2 hours ago, Big C said:

No doubt the D would benefit from having him on the roster, but what would it cost and would it outweigh the potential haul we'd get by staying put?

He would help transform this defense into top notch.  Beane is pretty shrewd.  How does trading our two #1s for pick 10(if Roquan is still there) and their 2nd round pick(10 slot) sound?  It is pretty close on the draft value chart.  That would give us Roquan, three 2nd rounders,  3rd, 4th,  two 5th, 6, 7 draft slots.  It is a deep draft and we have many roster spots that need upgrading

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:36 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Hes not a blitzer which is why is very important to get to the QB with just the front 4....just like in Carolina.  

Bortles wasn’t outrunning Hughes.

Quickness around the edge and scrambling outside of the pocket are much different.  Hughes momentum is going a different direction.

honestly it doesn't seem like McDermott cares. Had little talent in Carolina, and probably is focusing on his new Kuechly

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Call me crazy, but I think if you fix the DT, you will not only do a lot for the run game, you will do a lot for the pass rush.

You think we are fine at DE? I said to address both DE and DT. You are crazy if you think we are fine at DE. 

20 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

You think we are fine at DE? I said to address both DE and DT. You are crazy if you think we are fine at DE. 

Agreed we are NOT fine at DE...Hughes was a one trick pony this year as a pass rusher (speed rush around the OT that usually failed) and he isnt getting any younger, Lawson was hurt but not effective as a pass rusher when he has been in the lineup (could that change? yes, but I dont want to bank on it). We need to address DE too. Is it the MOST pressing need? That could be debated, and is. Could a disruptive DT help take pressure off of our DE's? Absolutely. The fact is, we need D-line help across the board, so get it where we can.  

8 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Agreed we are NOT fine at DE...Hughes was a one trick pony this year as a pass rusher (speed rush around the OT that usually failed) and he isnt getting any younger, Lawson was hurt but not effective as a pass rusher when he has been in the lineup (could that change? yes, but I dont want to bank on it). We need to address DE too. Is it the MOST pressing need? That could be debated, and is. Could a disruptive DT help take pressure off of our DE's? Absolutely. The fact is, we need D-line help across the board, so get it where we can.  

Agreed with everything you said. No reason we can't and shouldn't address both DE and DT. 

2 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Did I say "we are fine at DE"?  I did not.  However,

1) We can't realistically expect to fix everything at once to a high level.  Our biggest gaps IMO are improvement at DT and MLB

2) If we are strong at DT,  Hughes and Lawson will look better at DE.  Any DE will look better if our DTs are not getting thrown off the line.

The reason we can't address DE and DT at the same high level this year is that we don't have enough high draft picks and cap space to do everything.

Sure, try to bring in new lower-level FA and UDFA guys at DE and maybe strike a gem, but Fundamentals First and the DT is fundamental.