4th and 1 @ the 2

1 hour ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

And the bills decide to kick the fg. It ended up working out when Jacksonville jumped offsides but this is the story of McDermott for the year. Play not to lose. If you trust your d which you should have this game you go for it and if you do t get it hold the jags to a 3 and out backed up in their own end then the 3 would still be there before the end of the half. This guy has 0 balls and has a loser mentality in my opinion. Meanwhile the jags go for it on fourth and short and get a td. Thanks McDermott. 

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

It was the right call imo

It was absolutely the right call.  Neither offense was doing **** until then.  You take the sure 3 in that case every time.  The same people complaining about that call would have called for McCoaches head if he went for it and got stuffed (which they did a LOT prior to that).  

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

It was absolutely the right call.  Neither offense was doing **** until then.  You take the sure 3 in that case every time.  The same people complaining about that call would have called for McCoaches head if he went for it and got stuffed (which they did a LOT prior to that).  

obviously I wouldn't have but I guess some of you in this thread would have bitched.

I guess everyone in this thread thinks that Doug Marrone is an idiot who plays to much madden and doesn't get paid to be a real head coach. Got it.

This team limp dicked their way into the playoffs by the good graces of the football gods. This team wasn't even in the top half of Bills teams that have missed the playoffs the last 18 years. They finished 12 out of 18 in team stats. This team finally lucked out and got a wildcard birth against a horrible team and **** their pants. And the reality is no one knows what the future holds for this team. This coach also leaves a lot to be desired. Seriously how many playoffs think their teams are going in a positive direction when they have to get rid of their QB and their offensive coordinator?

If I'm being honest, I was yelling at the TV for the Bills to kick there. 

We had outplayed the Jags so much to that point, and it would have been extremely deflating to not have a lead.

The odds were also not in our favor with our horrible offense and their top-ranked defense.

On 1/7/2018 at 5:56 PM, Rocbillsfan1 said:

And the bills decide to kick the fg. It ended up working out when Jacksonville jumped offsides but this is the story of McDermott for the year. Play not to lose. If you trust your d which you should have this game you go for it and if you do t get it hold the jags to a 3 and out backed up in their own end then the 3 would still be there before the end of the half. This guy has 0 balls and has a loser mentality in my opinion. Meanwhile the jags go for it on fourth and short and get a td. Thanks McDermott. 

Dennison

12 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

How did that work out?

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

Dennison

Taking a time out and then deciding to kick a fg where you may try to draw them off but then kick the fg has nothing to do with Dennison. That's all Mcdermott one of the most conservative coaches in the game right now.

On 1/7/2018 at 6:46 PM, Wayne Cubed said:

You can’t seem to get the yardage right. The Bills were on the 3 yard line, not near the goaline or the 1 or 2. The 3 yard line. If they went for it on 4th, it’s possibly they also lose yardage. You know that did happen in the game right? And the Jags drove 86 yards on their TD drive... so if the Bills lost yardage on their attempted 4th down or threw a pick, it’s possible the Jags could have drove and scored points.

Hindsight is a lovely thing and you sir are assuming all the best possible outcomes.

it would not be better to force Jags jags to drive the field ?
Trust the defense?
just athought

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Taking a time out and then deciding to kick a fg where you may try to draw them off but then kick the fg has nothing to do with Dennison. That's all Mcdermott one of the most conservative coaches in the game right now.

yes it absolutely does have to to with Dennison.

McBeanes played conservative ball all season in the second halves.
Dennison advised Sean. confidence in the O would have gone for it. On the other side, confidence on the D could have say make them go the distance

On 1/7/2018 at 5:58 PM, WMDman said:

It was the right call imo

I agree. Levy won a ton of games in Buffalo and he was big on kicking FGs. You take the points and worry about the TD next time down the field but never leave that side of the field without at least those 3 points. 

15 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I agree. Levy won a ton of games in Buffalo and he was big on kicking FGs. You take the points and worry about the TD next time down the field but never leave that side of the field without at least those 3 points. 

Big difference is Marv Levy had Jim Kelly as his QB and felt they were never out of a game because he could always count on the offense in being able to score a lot of points and move the ball at will. Not really the same thing with our limited offense.

Also if your offensive coordinator is advising you not to go for it on fourth and 1 at the 2 or 3 yardline you should be fired as a head coach and offensive coordinator. The coordinator should always have faith that they can get a yard it should be up to the head coach to weigh the options and make a decision. I would fire my O coordinator on the spot if he came up to me and was like na dude I don't think we have it you should just kick.

Edited by Rocbillsfan1

On 1/7/2018 at 5:56 PM, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Ask Atlanta how to do it from there...they had a great playcall last night!

Edited by matter2003

20 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Big difference is Marv Levy had Jim Kelly as his QB and felt they were never out of a game because he could always count on the offense in being able to score a lot of points and move the ball at will. Not really the same thing with our limited offense.

Also if your offensive coordinator is advising you not to go for it on fourth and 1 at the 2 or 3 yardline you should be fired as a head coach and offensive coordinator. The coordinator should always have faith that they can get a yard it should be up to the head coach to weigh the options and make a decision. I would fire my O coordinator on the spot if he came up to me and was like na dude I don't think we have it you should just kick.

So having a pathetic QB should make you want to go for it against a top D on 4th down? SMH

Truth is IMO count your blessings and be glad you even made it down the field and got something. Always hope you get back down there somehow. Don't forget Tyrod was lucky to even get FGs this year let alone a single TD. Levy was questioned about why the FGs many years back and he said 3 FGs is more then one TD. Even with Kelly Levy kicked plenty of FGs, with your logic Levy should have never kicked on 4th down because of Kelly greatness, fire Marchabrota. Truth is IMO you take the points just like Levy always did. Play field position and the FG game especially against a top D.

Still puzzles me why anyone would think anyone should have faith in Tyrod to get a first down let alone a big 4th down play.

Edited by xRUSHx