This years team resembles 1998 a lot

Lenigmusx

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have to agree.  The current Bills offense does not seem to take any PRE-DESIGNED advantage of Tyrod's speed and mobility.  With nothing to lose on Sunday, I would love to see them change that in a few packages.

Been saying this forever.  Why not use his mobility as a weapon rather than just a means to escape pressure.  Makes no sense to me.  If he's not the long-term guy (which is fairly apparent), why is Dennison so averse to having him run the ball (designed) more?  Roll outs and designed runs make the defense defend more of the field and make decisions (whether to cover their guy or defend a running QB).  Again, makes no sense to me.

Edited by Bills757

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have to agree.  The current Bills offense does not seem to take any PRE-DESIGNED advantage of Tyrod's speed and mobility.  With nothing to lose on Sunday, I would love to see them change that in a few packages.

I would think that means you disagree - and that they don't resemble the 98 team.  

I guess what you're saying is you'd like them to do what the 98 team did with Flutie - however they don't.

Edited by White Linen

If this team resembles the 98 team so much...................

Where is the Eric Moulds on offense and the San Cowart on D?

Those were two super young studs (at the time) that this team simply doesn't have.

However that can all change in the upcoming draft. Neither Moulds and Cowart were high picks. Moulds was 24th overall and Cowart was a 2nd round pick and if not for injuries he would have went down as the greatest LB in Bills history.

Just for the record, the Bills haven't had an offensive stud like Moulds in a LONG TIME.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

If this team resembles the 98 team so much...................

Where is the Eric Moulds on offense and the San Cowart on D?

Those were two super young studs (at the time) that this team simply doesn't have.

However that can all change in the upcoming draft. Neither Moulds and Cowart were high picks. Moulds was 24th overall and Cowart was a 2nd round pick and if not for injuries he would have went down as the greatest LB in Bills history.

Just for the record, the Bills haven't had an offensive stud like Moulds in a LONG TIME.

just to play devils advocate...

our young D stalwart is tre davious white and we traded away our eric moulds (Sammy)

I still believe Sammy is every bit as good as eric,,,,unfortunately for Sammy he got dinged up and stuck with a running, poor accuracy, risk adverse QB.

2 minutes ago, papazoid said:

just to play devils advocate...

our young D stalwart is tre davious white and we traded away our eric moulds (Sammy)

I still believe Sammy is every bit as good as eric,,,,unfortunately for Sammy he got dinged up and stuck with a running, poor accuracy, risk adverse QB.

Watkins is nowhere near what Moulds was.

Moulds also was a horse who was always reliable.

32 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Last I checked, both years preceded 17 years of futility and failure.  :rolleyes:

Well 98 was followed by 99 which was a back to back playoff appearance so not really???

I mean in technical terms they did both proceed it but 99 directly proceeded the "drought" right?