Gaines and Hughes - PFF standout performers

Magox

13 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

They need to keep the secondary intact......and add a cover linebacker, a DT that can actually stop the run and push the pocket, and a pass rusher to bookend with Jerry......

Agreed, but we need to resign Gaines AND acquire another color corner for the slot.  Johnson, also a FA played ok at times and but picked on often as well.  

16 hours ago, Magox said:

Big shout out to Gaines and Hughes this past week as they were 2 of the top defensive players according to their rankings this weekend.

Even though Hughes missed a couple sacks he was constantly getting pressure and in the backfield of the Dolphins.  This is the Hughes we need to see more often.

Gaines, another fantastic performance.  Hopefully we sign him for a multi year contract, it would be nice to have our top 4 DB's in place for the next 4 years.

Ya they can’t let Gaines walk. He’s such a difference maker when healthy 

51 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Ya they can’t let Gaines walk. He’s such a difference maker when healthy 

When healthy is the key.  Can't pay him mad money and have him miss a third of the season again.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

When healthy is the key.  Can't pay him mad money and have him miss a third of the season again.

I think you can risk around $8m a year for a proven player such as Gaines.  Now risking $13m+ for an inconsistent yet highly talented WR is a different matter.

That trade from Beane was a big time for the Bills.  What a trade!

15 minutes ago, Magox said:

I think you can risk around $8m a year for a proven player such as Gaines.  Now risking $13m+ for an inconsistent yet highly talented WR is a different matter.

That trade from Beane was a big time for the Bills.  What a trade!

I'd love to keep him.  Even if injuries are a concern.  I just hope he doesn't want a ton of money. 

And yes, what a trade.  An excellent CB plus a 2nd rounder.

I think Gaines is going to be get a big payday from somebody in the offseason regardless of his injury issues with us this year.

And that's why I don't think we resign him because another team will be stupid enough to throw big money his way and disregard the time he missed this year.