Build ? around ? Tyrod ?

LA Grant

Just now, JaCrispy said:

We all are excited...but the goal should always be about winning a championship...and Taylor simply is not good enough...like McD says, we are not there yet

I think what we see anytime we're talking about Tyrod's future is there are simply a contingent of Bills fans who will be saying "Tyrod is not good enough to win a championship" even if he wins a Super Bowl in Buffalo.

1 minute ago, twoandfourteen said:

Must have been one of the zero times Taylor threw for 300 yards in regulation, right? 

Interesting, I didn't realize 300 yard passing games were what determined Wins and Losses. I thought it had to do with the amount of points scored versus the other team. Really bizarre how Taylor ended up having a winning record as a QB with those 300 yard requirements.

1 minute ago, LA Grant said:

I think what we see anytime we're talking about Tyrod's future is there are simply a contingent of Bills fans who will be saying "Tyrod is not good enough to win a championship" even if he wins a Super Bowl in Buffalo.

Perhaps some people might feel that way, but if you look at all the QBs that have won the Super Bowl the last 15 years, minus Flacco, they are all arguably close to HOF caliber- I don’t need to remind you that Taylor is nowhere close.

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

We all are excited...but the goal should always be about winning a championship...and Taylor simply is not good enough...like McD says, we are not there yet

Once we get someone ebetter, yeah. All positions are open.  However,you dont dumpa playoff QB on a

Possible maybe.

SureCoach McDdrmott wants a pocket passer blab blah blah.   But he probably likes to win more.  

Looks to me like McD and Rico are embracing the Hotrod WinS. Game plan has been more to Hotrods strengths since the slump where we're undefeated against teams not named the NE Patriots**. .

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Tyrod has gotta go. Plain and simple. Elite athlete, saves a lot of sacks, average at quarterback and that’s being generous. 

I’d rather see Cousins, Alex Smith, Eli, Palmer, basically any halfway decent bet bridge the gap for a rookie quarterback or peterman. 

Tyrod makes some exciting plays nobody else in the whole league can make, but it’s not worth everything he misses and leaves on the field. If Dennison is staying you need a quarterback that can get the ball out in 3 seconds or less. That is not Tyrods game. 

Barring a miracle postseason from Taylor I can’t see him staying. He’d have to take a pay cut or a new coordinator hired who loves Tyrod and wants to build an offense for him. 

Tyrod Taylor doesn't need to go anywhere. He can stay and the Bills can draft a QB. Then let the best QB win. You worried, bro?

Just now, NickelCity said:

Cousins would be great here.

He was awesome Sunday. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Must have been one of the zero times Taylor threw for 300 yards in regulation, right? 

yesterday's top 3 passing QBs all had well ovef 300 yards. Rivers 387 (when was the last time he made the playoffs?), James "Crab Legs" Winston 363 (Hotrod has made playoffs more than him), and Stafford 323.

They will all be watchng Hotrod on Sunday.

There's more to football and life than passing yards even in a " passing league".

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Perhaps some people might feel that way, but if you look at all the QBs that have won the Super Bowl the last 15 years, minus Flacco, they are all arguably close to HOF caliber- I don’t need to remind you that Taylor is nowhere close.

Not sure why you're so sure Taylor is nowhere close.

For one thing, his style of play is very similar to Russell Wilson, who won a SB and appeared in another. He plays far better than Peyton did in SB 50 season and can do more. He's better than both Flacco & Kaep. You can debate if he's better than Eli Manning but I'd rather have Tyrod.

Seems to me as though the future is unwritten. Why not give Tyrod a season with consistency at WR? We have not seen that.

6 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Interesting, I didn't realize 300 yard passing games were what determined Wins and Losses. I thought it had to do with the amount of points scored versus the other team. Really bizarre how Taylor ended up having a winning record as a QB with those 300 yard requirements.

You said to look at his stats. So I did. 

The Tyrod fangirls like to throw around that "winning record" thing. Aaron Rodgers has a "winning record" is not he same thing as Tyrod Taylor has a "winning record".

Taylor's record is barely above .500 -- exactly what a top-end backup-quality QB should have. 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Tyrod Taylor doesn't need to go anywhere. He can stay and the Bills can draft a QB.

Not opposed to this. There's an opportunity to upgrade our starting QB with a vet, but obviously keeping Tyrod and drafting a QB (which we'll do in either case) isn't a bad option at all.

19 minutes ago, Shaqattaq32 said:

I’m grateful for playoffs, but still ready to move on from Tyrod.

We basically got in by accident. I want a team that’s a threat to get in every year. I don’t think Tyrod can give us that. 

How w did we get in "by accident"? Come on man.  BBFS  at its best.

Face it BBFS fans, Bills are at worst the 6th best team in the AFC.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

The Tyrod fangirls like to throw around that "winning record" thing. Aaron Rodgers has a "winning record" is not he same thing as Tyrod Taylor has a "winning record".

Taylor's record is barely above .500 -- exactly what a top-end backup-quality QB should have

On the Patriots, maybe.

18 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Taylor's record is barely above .500 -- exactly what a top-end backup-quality QB should have. 

Fail to see why Tyrod's winning record doesn't count the same as Aaron Rodgers' winning record. Do wins count differently for some QBs?

Keep seeing Haters saying they'd rather have Kirk Cousins. Now here's what a QB should look like for you, right? Tall, white, multiple 300+ yard passing games...

Only thing is Cousins' record, though, is 26-30-1... hmm, so not quite a top-end back-up quality QB then, huh? Guessing we're hoping to bring him in as 3rd string? Might be pricey!

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Really doesn't matter. They need to draft one that they like and pick up a vet.  Taylor is not worth another year, he limits the offense.

He limits the offense all the way to the playoffs. 

Edited by LA Grant

6 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

He limits the offense all the way to the playoffs. 

Some people have higher expectations than others. 

Some people are able to watch Bills football objectively.

Some people realize that while the Bills are not winning in spite of Taylor they are also not winning because of him.

14 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Not sure why you're so sure Taylor is nowhere close.

For one thing, his style of play is very similar to Russell Wilson, who won a SB and appeared in another. He plays far better than Peyton did in SB 50 season and can do more. He's better than both Flacco & Kaep. You can debate if he's better than Eli Manning but I'd rather have Tyrod.

Seems to me as though the future is unwritten. Why not give Tyrod a season with consistency at WR? We have not seen that.

First off, Russell Wilson is a natural passer, whose throwing skills and ability to read defenses, and clutch factor are on par with his athleticism...the same cannot be said for Tyrod imo.

Second, Flacco, who is a very mediocre QB now, played the best football if his life the post season he won the Super Bowl...Tyrod could never do that because his passing game simply cannot be relied upon to win games.

Third, good QBs ekevate the players around them, as evidenced by Goff and Garappolo with Taylor’s old WR’s...however, Tyrod’s lack of passing skill makes it impossible for his current WR’s to ever reach their potential.

i don’t hate the guy- I just want better...because until the Bills have a better QB they will never reach their fullest potential.

34 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Once we get someone ebetter, yeah. All positions are open.  However,you dont dumpa playoff QB on a

Possible maybe.

SureCoach McDdrmott wants a pocket passer blab blah blah.   But he probably likes to win more.  

Looks to me like McD and Rico are embracing the Hotrod WinS. Game plan has been more to Hotrods strengths since the slump where we're undefeated against teams not named the NE Patriots**. .

I think Cousins and Smith are immediate upgrades over Taylor- so I wouldn’t mind testing those waters, while looking for trade partners for Tyrod...if we can do that and perhaps draft a guy in the first two rounds, I think that would be the best route to take.