All Time Worst Bills Coach

pkwwjd

I would have to vote for Gregg Williams as the all time worst HEAD coach in Buffalo. He had talent to work with the last couple years he was here and totally bombed.

As far as AC's go my vote is with Chuck Dickerson, Carl Mauck, and Killdrive.

Buffalo has had some bad coaches, but talent plays a factor in my vote.

Didn't Dickerson insult the Redskins OL before Super Bowl XXVI? I mean, is it really that good of an idea to give bulletin board material right before the big game?

267010[/snapback]

Yes he was. Great idea to piss off the Hogs and make it even more difficult for undersized Jeff Wright.

While there have been some bad coaches I expected a little more venom from the board for Gregg-o. Here's a guy who came in and totally turned a good program upside down (I'm going to make a top three rated defense even better as a 46 defense - let's go to a west coast offense - I've got a whole list of assistant coaches I want to hire, so what if they have no experience). What a tool.

In the spirit of the worst starting QB thread? Does that mean this will turn into a debate that has nothing to do with the thread topic but instead about someone's avatar?

266998[/snapback]

If you wanted someone to say something about the dude puking, I'll do it.

Dude, that's sick! <_<

As bad as Carl Mauck was as a coach, at least he had some fire in his belly ...

and quite a belly it was.

He was the anti-Greggo in terms of emotion and fire -- at least you could tell he didn't like losing.

Yes he was. Great idea to piss off the Hogs and make it even more difficult for undersized Jeff Wright.

While there have been some bad coaches I expected a little more venom from the board for Gregg-o. Here's a guy who came in and totally turned a good program upside down (I'm going to make a top three rated defense even better as a 46 defense - let's go to a west coast offense - I've got a whole list of assistant coaches I want to hire, so what if they have no experience). What a tool.

267028[/snapback]

I actually hate him more for switching to the 46 defense than I do for the West Coast Offense. The offense was broke, but the defense certainly wasn't. I think the recovery time due to losing players on defense would have been significantly shorter if we had stuck to the 3-4.

As bad as Carl Mauck was as a coach, at least he had some fire in his belly ...

267043[/snapback]

I think it would be easier to list the things that WEREN'T in Carl Mauck's belly than to list the things that were.

I actually hate him more for switching to the 46 defense than I do for the West Coast Offense.

267070[/snapback]

Greggo lost his team on the first day of the first training camp, with that flippin' air horn business.

I actually hate him more for switching to the 46 defense than I do for the West Coast Offense. The offense was broke, but the defense certainly wasn't. I think the recovery time due to losing players on defense would have been significantly shorter if we had stuck to the 3-4.

267070[/snapback]

Except we didn't switch to the 46 defense. We played the 46 less than 10% of the time the first year GW was in Buffalo. But it's OK to hate him anyway.

Except we didn't switch to the 46 defense.  We played the 46 less than 10% of the time the first year GW was in Buffalo.  But it's OK to hate him anyway.

267096[/snapback]

Well at least it was 3-4 to 4-3... and yes, I hate him as a HC anyway. Not personally and I think he's one of the best defensive minds in the game currently.