“Fighting for our freedom?”

Justice

4 minutes ago, GG said:

Flip the question on its head and ask how flying three planes into buildings full of people, or running people down with a semi truck is supposed to ensure the freedom to prostrate on a rug 5 times a day?

Tryout to wrap my head around this question. It’s pretty difficult because it sounds like a really stupid question. Maybe I’m misunderstanding it. Maybe I’m not. 

All I can say is terrorists don’t represent me or my religion. I will not apologize for them. 

Edited by Justice

1 minute ago, Justice said:

Tryout to wrap my head around this question. It’s pretty difficult because it sounds like a really stupid question. Maybe I’m misunderstanding it. Maybe I’m not. 

Pretty easy question to understand, IMHO

Just now, GG said:

Maybe that’s because you already have the answer you need. I really don’t know where you’re going to with that question. Like I said. I can’t speak for terrorists. I don’t know why they do the things they do and it shouldn’t impact me or people of my faith one iota. 

3 hours ago, GG said:

Flip the question on its head and ask how flying three planes into buildings full of people, or running people down with a semi truck is supposed to ensure the freedom to prostrate on a rug 5 times a day?

1953 iran or supporting a psychopath like saddam or mubarak is probably a million times worse, literally if we are talking body count

3 hours ago, GG said:

I agree it is easy

The us govt is beyond worse

3 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

3000 or so families would take great offense to that statement. 

The Iranians beg to differ...

In fact the families of the 3000 Americans would be wise to find the real terrorists

!@#$ the us govt

On December 22, 2017 at 5:58 AM, Justice said:

I’ve heard this phrase countless times in my life and I just don’t get it. It’s a serious question. We haven’t been attacked on our soil here in the states since Pearl Harbor. Can someone please explain it to me? 

The premise of your question is seriously flawed and blatantly untrue. 

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You phrased your OP in a way that is blatantly untrue to get a conversation you wish. 

Good luck with that. 

Looks like you didn’t read any of the replies. 

8 minutes ago, Justice said:

Looks like you didn’t read any of the replies. 

I stopped after your first three posts because each and everyone was 100% inaccurate. 

On December 22, 2017 at 5:58 AM, Justice said:

I’ve heard this phrase countless times in my life and I just don’t get it. It’s a serious question. We haven’t been attacked on our soil here in the states since Pearl Harbor. Can someone please explain it to me? 

False.

On December 22, 2017 at 6:17 AM, Justice said:

As tragic as a day that was our freedom was never under any serious threat 

False.

On December 22, 2017 at 7:02 AM, Justice said:

Weren’t we exposed as far as Chicago from the west coast?

No it’s not. Why do some here always assume the worst? I didn’t count 9/11 because it wasn’t an attack from a military force. 

False and false. 

Ive never had a problem with you (and still don't) but these three posts are pure fiction. 

No need to read further. You have a clear agenda with this thread - and its foundation is one of absolute shite. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I stopped after your first three posts because each and everyone was 100% inaccurate. 

False.

False.

False and false. 

Ive never had a problem with you (and still don't) but these three posts are pure fiction. 

No need to read further. You have a clear agenda with this thread - and its foundation is one of absolute shite. 

Well I guess I have to repeat myself then. I made it clear I had no agenda and no ulterior motives. I even said I’d accept any reasonable answer. It was an honest question. I also failed to mention 9/11 because, IMO, our freedom was not at stake that day. Shouldn’t it take a lot more than 3 planes and 3000 lives to lose our freedom?

7 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Or your flimsy premise was seen through by anyone with an IQ higher than gator's.

I think DCTom said it best when he said they fight for our foreign policy.

I also said they protect our freedom and we wouldn’t have any without them. Too bad you stopped reading. 

Edited by Justice

1 hour ago, Justice said:

Well I guess I have to repeat myself then. I made it clear I had no agenda and no ulterior motives. I even said I’d accept any reasonable answer. It was an honest question. I also failed to mention 9/11 because, IMO, our freedom was not at stake that day. Shouldn’t it take a lot more than 3 planes and 3000 lives to lose our freedom?

Honest question, and think about it before you answer: 

Did you have more freedom on September 10th, 2001 than you do today at the end of 2017?

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Justice said:

You pose two questions here. Was our freedom at stake or did we lose our freedom?  Which one are your asking?  

23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Did you have more freedom on September 10th, 2001 than you do today at the end of 2017?

Do Freedom Fries count?

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

IMO that’s a whole other argument. We didn’t have to do many of the things we did post 9/11. They got lucky that day. All we had to do was tighten up the cockpit doors and make sure we keep fighter jets on stand by. The terrorists win that way. Besides, what does that have to do with our military fighting for our freedom as of today? That phrase is still being used. 

37 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You pose two questions here. Was our freedom at stake or did we lose our freedom?  Which one are your asking?  

We didn’t lose our freedom at all and that’s my point. Nor were we in risk of losing it on that tragic and unfortunate day. 

Matter of fact I’m gonna go ahead and say most here doesn’t even know what it feels like to not have freedom, so maybe that’s why you can insinuate that we lost some. I, on the other hand, know first hand what it feels like. My American citizenship and passport means nothing in the West Bank. 

Edited by Justice

11 minutes ago, ALF said:

I would not take the following story serious (source) but with Trump who knows.

Trump administration to snap ties with Palestinians, no peace plan, no more monetary aid

https://www.debka.com/trump-administration-snap-ties-palestinians-no-peace-plan-no-monetary-aid/

No peace plan?? Darnit. It was going so well too. Lol. Financial support will hurt though but I think it’s better not to receive any.