PSA: Tis the Season for Theft

BUFFALOKIE

Attention holiday shoppers:

Do not forget to lock your car doors while shopping....

I just did, and came back to an empty car. $200 worth of vintage L.P. records, and a few other gifts for my teenage daughter. My Carhart coat, Oakley prescription sunglasses, pair of shoes, and my disc golf discs (those hurt the most). My New Era Buffalo Bills hat (LOL - I'm in Tulsa - sure that scumbag is a big Bills fan). A bottle of cologne, phone charger, first aid kit, Leatherman multi tool, and two packs of Camels.

They did leave the donuts that I had just bought, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Merry Christmas y'all! Be safe out there!

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

My cousins from the States came to visit us in Canada one Christmas and we all went out to the mall...........he forgot to lock his car door, lost every single Christmas present due to a theft and then cursed Canada up and down for being unsafe.

I thought that was pretty funny.

Canada unsafe?...........bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Merry Christmas all

23 minutes ago, Sweats said:

My cousins from the States came to visit us in Canada one Christmas and we all went out to the mall...........he forgot to lock his car door, lost every single Christmas present due to a theft and then cursed Canada up and down for being unsafe.

I thought that was pretty funny.

Canada unsafe?...........bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Merry Christmas all

one friend parked his rusted out mess at an infamous mall in Toronto to drop off presents to his in-laws, 15 minutes later he returned and found they had taken his passenger side tires with the car up on blocks.

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You got alarm system? How'd they get in?  Smash window?

Gotta hide stuff outta sight too (trunk, deck lid, but they pop latch )  I know,  not blaming you.  Same with deliveries on doorsteps

So sorry...

I left the doors unlocked. Dumb.

The thong is, I wasnt even in a big parking lot. My car was clearly visible to anyone looking out the solid glass storefront of three different busy stores.

A fairly new shopping center in a "good" part of town, yet none of the shops have surveillance cameras in the parking lot. Unbellievable.

27 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

The thong is, I wasnt even in a big parking lot. My car was clearly visible to anyone looking out the solid glass storefront of three different busy stores.

A fairly new shopping center in a "good" part of town, yet none of the shops have surveillance cameras in the parking lot. Unbellievable.

Oops sorry.  

You said: "Which I just did"  to: "Don't forget to lock your car doors..."  I took that for meaning that you didn't forget to lock your car doors.

Again... Why I found it strange they picked on your vehicle.

Oh well, live and learn.

28 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Why I live in the ghetto.  Good part of town is where all the good stuff is! 

They (people) probably saw them open door and act like they owned the car.  Just saying.  I guess if you rob something, make it look like you own it.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I did audit work for a few months at a large mall and had a picture window looking onto the parking lot from my desk

The youth of the city would constantly stream through the lot and try every car door hoping to find it unlocked 

Sorry you got burned. As row-33 stated, it’s very common activity. We’ve had a lot of this “easy opportunity” stuff in our area lately.  You have to be careful! A lady near us drove in and left her garage door open with her keys in the car, then immediately went to walk her dogs. A white Mercedes went by a little too fast....followed be HER car. Don’t be lazy or sloppy and your odds improve. 

As I have learned, they steal nice cars to troll nice neighborhoods so they don’t stick out. I have my guard dog Golden Retriever to lick them to death if they get near us!  GRRRRR! 

Edited by Augie

21 hours ago, row_33 said:

one friend parked his rusted out mess at an infamous mall in Toronto to drop off presents to his in-laws, 15 minutes later he returned and found they had taken his passenger side tires with the car up on blocks.

Why would his in-laws take his tires?

• Haha (+1) 1