Im very leary of the NY Jets

RVJ

I agree, Curtis Martin/Lamont Jordan at Tailback Pennington healthy, nice lil receiving core Jonathan Carter, Just McCareins, Wayne Chrebet, Santana Moss, Becht at TE, damn their offense will be better than ours, nice Draft Pick with Jonathan Vilma alonsgide Eric Barton, Sam Cowart John Abraham at DE, hahahhahha the jets might actually be a better team than us this year, I don't know why everybody are giving us all this credit as a sleeper team this year, I sure don't see it

I watched dem during the preseason and they looked good....there not going to be easy to beat at all....

There offense is solid(there OL looks to be back to being a solid group)....but there defense will still have trouble stopping offenses...they will do better in run support this season but i think there secondary will still get torched....

Yes, quite a few writers on PFW (& other places) are picking the Jets to be a surprise playoff team... plus, don't count out the Phins yet, at least not until December, with that schedule.

When all is said & done, I still think the AFC East will be the toughest division in football.

I'm not sold on the Jets at all... but I'm becoming increasingly in the minority there.

20018[/snapback]

Nor am I.

Their OL has holes, and Curtis Martin is an old, washed up has-been. I dont know about their new wideouts, but Moss and Chrebet are midgets, injury prone little midgets at that.

On defense, the line looks OK. The lbs are either rookies or washed up, and the secondary is a complete mess.

Edwards, though a seemingly nice guy, is a blithering idiot. He might be the only living American who stunk at his job AND bad mouthed his boss, and was "rewarded" with a contract extention at double the salary. He utters one liners such as "You play the game to win" and this moronic drivel is all over the sports headlines of the NYC papers as if they are quoting Vince Lombardi, or perhaps Shakespeare.

No, dont worry too much about the jests. They are losers, floating in a sea of confusion and despair.

Nor am I.

Their OL has holes, and Curtis Martin is an old, washed up has-been. I dont know about their new wideouts, but Moss and Chrebet are midgets, injury prone little midgets at that.

On defense, the line looks OK. The lbs are either rookies or washed up, and the secondary is a complete mess.

Edwards, though a seemingly nice guy, is a blithering idiot. He might be the only living American who stunk at his job AND bad mouthed his boss, and was "rewarded" with a contract extention at double the salary. He utters one liners such as "You play the game to win" and this moronic drivel is all over the sports headlines of the NYC papers as if they are quoting Vince Lombardi, or perhaps Shakespeare.

No, dont worry too much about the jests. They are losers, floating in a sea of confusion and despair.

20101[/snapback]

:flirt: WoW! I hope you're right! :)

I can go over the reasons again why I think the Jets will finish last, but...

In this day & age of "win your division or bust", the only teams I'm concerned with are Buffalo & New England. We have to get better and NE has to get worse for the year to be a success. If the Jets (or Phish for that matter) surprise everybody and sweep us - then so be it - we just doesn't deserve to go anywhere, because honestly, those teams just aren't that good.

On another note, I have concluded that the early season schedule is not favorable at all. We almost HAVE TO sweep that 3 game stretch of NE, NYJ, and Miami. That is - if your goal is to split w/ NE and go 3-1 vs. Miami & the Jets, winning 2 of those 3 may not be good enough since 2 of them are at home and the road game is vs. the Jets, who IMO, will be the least difficult team to sweep.

I can go over the reasons again why I think the Jets will finish last, but...

In this day & age of "win your division or bust", the only teams I'm concerned with are Buffalo & New England.  We have to get better and NE has to get worse for the year to be a success.  If the Jets (or Phish for that matter) surprise everybody and sweep us - then so be it - we just doesn't deserve to go anywhere, because honestly, those teams just aren't that good. 

On another note, I have concluded that the early season schedule is not favorable at all.  We almost HAVE TO sweep that 3 game stretch of NE, NYJ, and Miami.  That is - if your goal is to split w/ NE and go 3-1 vs. Miami & the Jets, winning 2 of those 3 may not be good enough since 2 of them are at home and the road game is vs. the Jets, who IMO, will be the least difficult team to sweep.

20299[/snapback]

Pennington is the real deal IMO, many underrate him, like Tom Brady. He is a great passer, and an excellent team leader. If Pennigton stays healthy, the Jets will be a very formidable divisional foe. I am getting the feeling that, once again the AFC East is going to be a dog-fite, with the winner going 11-5, the Bills and Jets in the 8-10 win total, and the Dolphins at about 6-10 or 7-9. I am not counting the Dolphins completely out, but you have to admitt, they have had one hell of an awful off-season, and now an awful pre-season. We've all seen how seasons can turn on an injury or two. If Brady goes down in New England, or Bledsoe in Buffalo (sorry Drew haters), both teams are screwed.

At some point Curtis Martin will become a washed up has been but if you check his personal stats at NFL.com, you'll find it didn't happen in 2003. Unless you have inside info to the contrary, there is no particular reason to think this will be the year, except that he's one year older.

At some point Curtis Martin will become a washed up has been but if you check his personal stats at NFL.com, you'll find it didn't happen in 2003.  Unless you have inside info to the contrary, there is no particular reason to think this will be the year, except that he's one year older.

20345[/snapback]

At this stage of his career, I would consider Curtis as not nearly as good as he once was. It is obvious, given the talk of Jordan taking upon a larger role in the offense. Even the NYC media fails to mention him as one of the great backs in football.

Along those lines, Edwards made a statement that he wants to change Martin's role to "one who scores touchdowns from the red zone." This idocy was printed in every paper as if it were a quote from Plato. :flirt:

Pennington is a very good quarterback but he will likely get Santana Moss or Mccareins injured this year with a floater over the middle that a safety like Milloy or Wire can take their neck off.

20427[/snapback]

Very good point. I like Pennington because he is smart and can move, but his noodle arm will likely get him in trouble at some point.

God I hope they don't do well. For the past 2 years I've been going to the Jest home game against us and its been painful. Sucks to hear commets like, wide right or my personel favorite "What the hell is a bill anyway?"

:flirt: