Early signing period: December 20-22

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Parsons stays home and signs with PSU. I wish that whole Oklahoma weekend never happened. 

His dad says Urban hasn’t talked to them since the tweet.  LJ had some contact but not much. But I don’t think that was the only reason though his dad thinks it is. A guy who lives in Harrisburg called into 97.1 yesterday and says the word is the staff didn’t like the crowd he was hanging out with. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Huge win for Clemson pulling the top player in Ohio.  OSU benefits greatly as a national presence in recruiting, and sometimes the emphasis on out-of-state talent means missing out on kids in its own backyard.  Painful loss right there.

Clemson is Ohio State's father and I hate it!  Need a win against that program badly.

12 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Huge win for Clemson pulling the top player in Ohio.  OSU benefits greatly as a national presence in recruiting, and sometimes the emphasis on out-of-state talent means missing out on kids in its own backyard.  Painful loss right there.

Clemson is Ohio State's father and I hate it!  Need a win against that program badly.

Carman told 11W last spring that he thought there would be too much pressure at OSU. I actually understand that. I think he just wants to go away from home. 

The Woodbey announcement last night was a trainwreck from start to finish.  I wish I could have that hour of my life back from Twitter.  It's a strange feeling to be so happy about this class and yet so bummed about yesterday.

Have I mentioned that Troy Vincent's kid looks like a complete animal?

3 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

The Woodbey announcement last night was a trainwreck from start to finish.  I wish I could have that hour of my life back from Twitter.  It's a strange feeling to be so happy about this class and yet so bummed about yesterday.

Have I mentioned that Troy Vincent's kid looks like a complete animal?

FSU recruited Woodbey for a whole 6 days and he signs? After 2 years of building relationships at OSU and usc? FSU doesn’t even have his position coach or DC on staff yet! Something seems off...

but the crew that was at his announcement and the way it all dragged out last night was a hot mess. I think he will play right away at FSU and not the case here with the safeties already on board. I’m highly satisfied with the class we have! And more to come ...

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/21/2017 at 11:55 AM, YoloinOhio said:

FSU recruited Woodbey for a whole 6 days and he signs? After 2 years of building relationships at OSU and usc? FSU doesn’t even have his position coach or DC on staff yet! Something seems off...

but the crew that was at his announcement and the way it all dragged out last night was a hot mess. I think he will play right away at FSU and not the case here with the safeties already on board. I’m highly satisfied with the class we have! And more to come ...

I can’t help but be a little disappointed with the last month. They are still in great shape but could have been historically great (I’m kind of including Grimes here). Cox, Carmen, Woodbey, Grimes, and Jones within a few weeks (and Barnett committing to MSU a day after the Bucks offered him). If they land Oweh and Smith it will be a big boost but it has been a disappointing month.

I see they are running the High School draft on ESPN.

On 12/20/2017 at 11:56 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Ok Dabo - Urban is like 5 years older than you :lol:. I wonder what he says about Saban!

Lol, these guys will say anything. It's not like a player getting old, coaches cann coach for a long time kidos.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I see they are running the High School draft on ESPN.

Lol, these guys will say anything. It's not like a player getting old, coaches cann coach for a long time kidos.

Coaches are going to be able to take some shots at Urban for how he left Florida.  He may not be old in coaching terms, but it's reasonable to assume someone who left a school citing stress/health reasons wouldn't be able to coach as late as others.

Whether any of that is true or not (either his reasons for leaving or the assumption about his age), it's something that can be used against him.  Doubt it will work often.

• 5 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.