It's Lindell or a rookie K

If the Giants signed a free agent that means Christie is still available. The  Bills should at least bring him in to compete with Lindell.

265922[/snapback]

lol, at this point, i think Lindell has more distance on his kicks than christie.

lol, at this point, i think Lindell has more distance on his kicks than christie.

265952[/snapback]

I am less worried about the distance than accuracy. If we knew Christie is still money at 40 yards and less, I say sign him up. Lindell's lack of accuracy will kill us in this upcoming season as I expect a bunch of close games.

lindell=Norwood

265954[/snapback]

lindell's miss was from 28, a chip shot at home

norwoods miss was from 47, certainly not a gimme. and it was on grass, which norwood was not accustomed to, only 4 games that year were on grass (SB XXV, @MIA, @CLE, @WAS). judging by our scores in the regular season games (7, 42, 14), he didn't do much kicking in those either.

if lindell was our kicker in SB XXV, we wouldn't have even attempted the FG

OWEN POCHMAN ! Good ! BYU wins ! 

wait a minute...

266023[/snapback]

Pokeman stinks! When he had his brief stint with the 49'ers, he was shagging balls more than Austin Powers. I am willing to see how he does in NFL Europe, but I am not hanging my hopes on him. Unless he graduated magna cum kicke from Place Kickers University, he will never oust Mr Lindell. Sorry guys.

We need to get Nuge!!! He is clutch and has a long leg. One of his three 40+ plus misses at the combine hit the upright and one missed by an inch. Also, agianst Marshall he hit a 55-56 yarder with no time to win.

norwoods miss was from 47, certainly not a gimme.  and it was on grass, which norwood was not accustomed to, only 4 games that year were on grass (SB XXV, @MIA, @CLE, @WAS).  judging by our scores in the regular season games (7, 42, 14), he didn't do much kicking in those either.

265964[/snapback]

Norwood was an excellent kicker - agreed. He did one heck of a job and his stats defend that fact.

That game should never had come down to a 47 yarder to win. Some insightful comments in Marv's book echoed my feelings all along - the Giants were allowed to drive down the field to take the lead by converting a fourth and long when two Bills let themselves be dragged for six yards. The Giants were allowed by our defense to hold onto the ball for most of the game. If we did not have that infamous Walt Corey bend-don't-break defense, and actually had a stop you and force you to punt defense - the game wouldn't have been close.

I am less worried about the distance than accuracy. If we knew Christie is still money at 40 yards and less, I say sign him up. Lindell's lack of accuracy will kill us in this upcoming season as I expect a bunch of close games.

265958[/snapback]

Last year, Christie went 4 for 7 between 40-49 yds and 3 for 4 above 50 yds.

Meanwhile, Lindell went 1 for 3 between 40-49 yds and 0 for 0 above 50 yds.

So I'm not so sure Christie's leg is done.

norwoods miss was from 47, certainly not a gimme.  and it was on grass, which norwood was not accustomed to, only 4 games that year were on grass (SB XXV, @MIA, @CLE, @WAS).  judging by our scores in the regular season games (7, 42, 14), he didn't do much kicking in those either.

265964[/snapback]

I totally agree! It was a 47yrder grass.

I'm not happy with Lindell either.