The hit heard round the world

KW95 - JA17

8 hours ago, SDS said:

Please stop this practice. It contributes nothing to the discussion and is just a waste of people’s time. 

If you INsist.

(I had to.  Sorry.)

18 hours ago, KW95 said:

Great HIT!  I can't find Brady in this video.

That's like four different kinds of penalties today.

12 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

But it is not a hit to the head or knees, and he wrapped him up. It's unfortunate because that's the kind of hit that should be happening today without a penalty.

Defenseless receiver, for starters.  Leading with the helmet (yes, he hit him with his shoulder.  What difference does that make nowadays?)  Unnecessary roughness for driving him in to the ground.  And they'd probably throw in a random taunting penalty for some stupid reason or another.

I understand it would be called, my point is it shouldn't be. That's a hit that is hard and actually "clean" from a standpoint of not targeting a part of the body that will break. It's something the players should be doing instead of the Atwater/Lott shoulder throws that are prevalent.

For what it's worth, I have seen something similar in a Steelers/Bengals game last year or the year prior that was not called but should have been because of the high target. I guess that hit adjusted the rules in the 2016 offseason.

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/21984/ryan-shazier-giovani-bernard-steelers-bengals-nfl-hit-now-illegal-playoffs

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

Question:

Do fans of other teams hate the pats and brady as much as Bills fans?

I have several acquaintances and coworkers who root for teams other than the Bills, and none of them hate the pats and brady as much as I do.  And I don't hate them as much as many other people on this forum.

8 hours ago, Coach55 said:

Not Bills... but...

Was at this game...  Literally everyone in the arena minus R J Umberger saw this hit coming a mile away.  Also, the crowd was sooooo very loud.  I miss those days.  MRSA really screwed us over that year!!

9 hours ago, BigPappy said:

Sure, be a fan of what he was when he was on the field....not what he is or has turned into. Ever since all this stuff has come out about CTE, and not to use it as an excuse in any way, but I have been curious as to how much it had an effect on him and if it contributed to what happened with murders.  

Idk his wife sounded like a crazy sloot, im sure we all would of done the same cte or not.