all time worst season by a bills qb ever

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gary marangi, 1976:

games- 11;  completions - 82; attempts - 232; completion pct. - 35.3; yards - 998; yards per passing play - 4.3; TDs - 7;  Ints - 16

265547[/snapback]

Can you imagine someone putting those stats up these days?

Man that is HORRIBLE.

Ryan Leaf put up better numbers than that.

gary marangi, 1976:

games- 11;  completions - 82; attempts - 232; completion pct. - 35.3; yards - 998; yards per passing play - 4.3; TDs - 7;  Ints - 16

265547[/snapback]

How about this one:

Dan Darragh, 1968

games- 11; completions 92; attempts 215; completion pct. - 42.8

touchdowns -3, interceptions 14

at least Marangi threw for a td every 33.1 attempts, darragh threw one every 71.6 attempts.

Welcome to the reason so many of us "old timers" aren't ready to slit our wrists after a 9-7 season.  :devil:

265573[/snapback]

Alaska, that new avatar is sick, just sick.

Where can I get one?

I remember a time when Marangi went in for (if memory serves) an injured Kemp. The Bills were up by 10 or so, and my father had money on the Bills minus a few points. Marangi came in and did something like throw six passes, five of which were picked, two of which were returned for TDs, and the Bills ended up losing the game.

My father turns to me (I was 12 or 13 at time) and said "Son, the only thing good about that quarterback is he's Italian. And I'm kinda embarrassed about that fact."

I remember a time when Marangi went in for (if memory serves) an injured Kemp. The Bills were up by 10 or so, and my father had money on the Bills minus a few points. Marangi came in and did something like throw six passes, five of which were picked, two of which were returned for TDs, and the Bills ended up losing the game.

My father turns to me (I was 12 or 13 at time) and said "Son, the only thing good about that quarterback is he's Italian. And I'm kinda embarrassed about that fact."

265591[/snapback]

he came in for fergy, not kemp. jack was long gone before gary m arrived in buffalo ...

Lighten up, Francis.

265607[/snapback]

Darrin - I find your posts insightful and humorous, but an avatar that is going to offend people seems outside the scope of the new kinder, gentler TSW.

gary marangi, 1976:

games- 11; completions - 82; attempts - 232; completion pct. - 35.3; yards - 998; yards per passing play - 4.3; TDs - 7; Ints - 16

16 ints in 11 games.....wow I wonder how many sacks he took in those 11 games.

Darrin - I find your posts insightful and humorous, but an avatar that is going to offend people seems outside the scope of the new kinder, gentler TSW.

265610[/snapback]

Yeah, because it's a real picture and not a joke ala' Paris Hilton's dog in the South Park episode.

265610[/snapback]

The 11th Commandment- Thou Shalt Not Offend

Amendment XXIII - The Right of the Citizenry Not to be Offended

:devil: