Sickening: Brady needs 2 TD's on Sunday to move past Fitzpatrick for most TD's thrown in Buffalo the last 20 years

Just now, teef said:

our square footage is low cost.  the taxes are not.  it's easy to get a nice house here in terms of size, make, etc...but you get kicked in taxes.  

oh yeah.  money i'll never get back, but there's not much of a choice.

We've been looking at places in southern erie county, and the taxes are a LOT lower than here. Which is why I'm surprised you're paying so much.

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Atlanta sucks. Did you ever get your farm out in Mendon or what?

i didn't.  my wife wouldn't go for it.  we found one place that was 10 acres, but she refused.  her dream was to live in a dense suburban neighborhood where everyone hangs out.  i'd personally rather put something sharp in my eye.  we compromised and moved into perinton in a neighborhood that has 2/3 acre lots.  we can all see each other, but it's a bit too much of a pain to walk over and start a conversation.  we all wave, and that's it.  it's perfect.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

We've been looking at places in southern erie county, and the taxes are a LOT lower than here. Which is why I'm surprised you're paying so much.

monroe county is absurdly high.  on top of that, we're not even in the highest suburbs.  pittsford and brighton have the such astronomical taxes it's insane.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i didn't.  my wife wouldn't go for it.  we found one place that was 10 acres, but she refused.  her dream was to live in a dense suburban neighborhood where everyone hangs out.  i'd personally rather put something sharp in my eye.  we compromised and moved into perinton in a neighborhood that has 2/3 acre lots.  we can all see each other, but it's a bit too much of a pain to walk over and start a conversation.  we all wave, and that's it.  it's perfect.

monroe county is absurdly high.  on top of that, we're not even in the highest suburbs.  pittsford and brighton have the such astronomical taxes it's insane.

Yeah, in looking around like Sardinia-Arcade, she'd cut her tax burden by about 50%, and the housing cost would be lower as well. I can work just about anywhere, so it may actually happen.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Atlanta traffic definitely sucks.

When I lived there in 96-97 people had a real serious complex if you said you were from NY. And the traffic definitely is the worst. I'd pay the extra in taxes just to not drive in that mess.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Yeah, in looking around like Sardinia-Arcade, she'd cut her tax burden by about 50%, and the housing cost would be lower as well. I can work just about anywhere, so it may actually happen.

if you're willing to live in a more "rural" community, it's completely worth it.  unfortunately with my job, i'm completely fixed to an area.  the only way to avoid taxes in this area is to go for a smaller house.  it's strange here.  house prices don't stop you from wondering if you can afford the house...it's the taxes.

4 minutes ago, teef said:

My dreams of acres has also been shut down. Currently looking in Brockport and Churchville. East side waaayy too rich for my blood. Except for maybe Palmyra but then we're talking a 45 minute ride to work. Women...

Just now, teef said:

if you're willing to live in a more "rural" community, it's completely worth it.  unfortunately with my job, i'm completely fixed to an area.  the only way to avoid taxes in this area is to go for a smaller house.  it's strange here.  house prices don't stop you from wondering if you can afford the house...it's the taxes.

Oh yeah, we definitely want rural. She has animals. And I'd like to take up goose hunting. :lol:

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I lived in Savannah for several years. Yes, it's hot. But damn man, when you can sit by the pool in December, it makes it alllllllll worthwhile.

Doesnt it ever occur to people that some people enjoy the cold weather and snow along with the activities that come with it?  I mean not everyone can be pansies... ??? Besides...it can be fun to be snowed in for a a day or two with the right company...hahahaha

Edited by matter2003

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I lived in Savannah for several years. Yes, it's hot. But damn man, when you can sit by the pool in December, it makes it alllllllll worthwhile.

I'd move to Georgia in a heartbeat.

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'd move to Georgia in a heartbeat.

Only place I'd consider moving is somewhere where I'm not dealing with cold and heat in the same year...  

Most places just arent warm enough in the winter to deal with their unbearably hot summers...I'm not trading 30 and snow for 45 or 50 and rainy...I'd rather have the snow to be honest...

California, South Texas and South Florida are really the only areas that fit that description...the other places still are cold enough that the heat tradeoff isnt worth it...

Edited by matter2003

Just now, matter2003 said:

Only place I'd consider moving is somewhere where I'm not dealing with cold and heat in the same year...  

Most places just arent warm enough in the winter to deal with their unbearably hot summers...I'm not trading 30 and snow for 45 and rainy...I'd rather have the snow to be honest...

In my years in savannah I can't recall too many days in the 40s. 50s yes.

My blood thinned in my years there. My first winter back in PA, and I was wishing for death lol