Ty Law Visited On Saturday

PTS

I'm not sure if this was reported or not and I didn't see it any where on the board but I didn't look that well.

Ty Law visited with the Bills on Saturday. Apparently TD & him are trying to get something done. If this wasn't reported or common knowledge ... please don't flame me, I know that's the board standard around here. I just wanted to share this insider info if it's indeed that.

Through my job over that last five years, I have made many friends that work for the Bills -- and Sabres for that matter -- that share info with me every now and then. This gem was shared with me this morning. On a separate note, if we did get Ty in the fold, does that mean Nate gets traded out? If we can't sign Nate next year, than it's a good move but otherwise I rather have Nate than Ty.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this was reported or not and I didn't see it any where on the board but I didn't look that well.

Ty Law visited with the Bills on Saturday. Apparently TD & him are trying to get something done. If this wasn't reported or common knowledge ... please don't flame me, I know that's the board standard around here.

Through my job over that last five years, I have made many friends that work for the Bills -- and Sabres for that matter -- that share info with me every now and then. This gem was shared with me this morning. On a separate note, if we did get Ty in the fold, does that mean Nate gets traded out? If we can't sign him next year, that it's a good move but otherwise I rather have Nate than Ty.

265384[/snapback]

I think that would be the first time that TD will have really disappointed me....if he doesn't get Nate re-upped. I would hate to lose that guy.

I think that would be the first time that TD will have really disappointed me....if he doesn't get Nate re-upped. I would hate to lose that guy.

265388[/snapback]

How would you feel with Ty Law . Then say a #1 pick for Clements .

Then the Bills draft big Mike Williams the wideout....I would be pretty happy.

265394[/snapback]

That would definitely prevent me from feeling disappointed with TD......but I'd still hate to see Nate go. I just think we need a little attitude on our team. We've got the Takeo/Fletch type of attitude at the LB spot, but Nate brings that 'flashy, but still a team player' type of attidude.....I dig that.

How does Ty's age compare to Nate's? I think Ty is a little older and might wear out sooner. If we can have them both with Mc Gee it would be the best of all possible worlds. :o

265406[/snapback]

I agree....a secondary with both of them would definitely offset any step back we'll take with Edwards and Anderson replacing Pat.

Ty Law is damaged goods and their is no telling if he will ever come back to the level he was before the foot injury. These injuries are key with corners and one bad turn/twist and a reinjury is easily possible. No way I would trade Law for Clements at this point. Clements is much younger and a ton more upside. The key will be re-signing Clements before next season to avoid free agency biting us in the ass again.

This is worth exploring....but if it doesn't work we should pay Nate now and wrap him up for the long term. We can actually save significant cap money this year (in the range of $1M) if we do this...

Another note, Ty's injury is fairly serious--we should do nothing until that can be evaluated thoroughly... He has to be walking for that to happen..

Thanks for the information -- it was cluth Mr. Clutch..

I know this isn't a "trade" because Law is a free agent but I'm basically trying to say if we trade Clements and acquire Law, its similar to a trade and we weaken ourselves at that position with no guarantee's with Law

Ty Law is damaged goods and their is no telling if he will ever come back to the level he was before the foot injury.  These injuries are key with corners and one bad turn/twist and a reinjury is easily possible.  No way I would trade Law for Clements at this point.  Clements is much younger and a ton more upside.  The key will be re-signing Clements before next season to avoid free agency biting us in the ass again.

265409[/snapback]

265394[/snapback]

i would be super pissed if they had traded Nate and got that low into the first round and didn't address a more glaring need than WR.

265394[/snapback]

That I would love. But Mike Williams is going to go really early. I don't think Clements will get you a Top Five pick.

The variable here is whether Law acknowledges that his value is less since his ankle injury last year. The broken record keeps repeating that TD does not overpay FA's (ours or anybody elses) and in order to make this work, and get a LG and get a backup RB and get a DT and get a TE and get a LT or C.... Mr Law will have to take a modest offer.

I'd love to see it, but doubt that it will happen.

if the Bills were to trade Clements, i would rather they trade him for a stud LT.....Pace, or Ogden, rather than trade him for a pick. I know that won't happen,....I just wanted you to know how i really fell. :o

If this wasn't reported or common knowledge ... please don't flame me, I know that's the board standard around here. I just wanted to share this insider info if it's indeed that.

265384[/snapback]

Is thist all you have to do to not get lit up -- just ask? A kinder, gentler board indeed.

:o