Tyrod to start vs Chiefs

YoloinOhio

Just now, HappyDays said:

I googled “starting field position win correlation.” It wasn’t really hard to find.

The conversation started with someone saying “200 yards of field position.” I can’t find anything to correlate punt yards with wins, I am guessing it wouldn’t correlate well because you can’t control where you punt from. Opponent average starting field position is obviously what that post was getting at. So it is correct to say that field position yards correlate to wins and passing yards don’t.

This would have much been much easier if you just admitted you were wrong ;)

But he was talking about punt yards, I'm fairly sure. Go back and read that part and then if he wasn't then I MAY admit my comment was out of context.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

This is where we pretend Tyrod wasn't averaging 40 yards per game on the ground through those first 21 starts... Just like we're pretending he didn't rush for any TDs in those first 21 games either.

'Tyrod Taylor: at LEAST as effective as Trevor Siemian'

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This all seems correct to me.

The thing that bothers me in it, I think a bit lazy, is that they say the Bills couldn't have won even with Taylor because their defense allowed a record number of first-half points -

without pointing out that what, 24 of those first half points came off interceptions and an addition 7 points were the result of a strip-sack fumble.  Do I have that right?  The Chargers scored 31 points off of turnovers.  The Bills scored 24 points.  Yeah I think without those 31 points, maybe the Bills had a shot.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That was your comparison, not his.  You said you'd rather have a turnover a game than 10 less yards.  It's an opinion that zero NFL people would support.  Have fun with that.

Edited by NoPlayoffs

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

with 1/3 of the turnovers.

I wasn't the one who claimed they were total equals because I'm blind to reality. Just pointing out factual inaccuracies is all.

I'm just giving you a hard time. My overall point is you need better.

1 minute ago, NoPlayoffs said:

That was your comparison, not his.  You said you'd rather have a turnover a game than 10 less yards.  It's an opinion that zero NFL people would support.  Have fun with that.

WTF show me exactly where I said that or kick rocks.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm just giving you a hard time. My overall point is you need better.

I'm actually looking at the numbers now because I don't want to work. We'll see how it looks from a broader perspective if I finish before 5.

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Right.

Let me know when he performs in the clutch. With him you know he won't lose a lead. That's about the best thing you can say about him.

You could also say that he gives us the best chance to win games.

Now I know you're in favor of tanking for a top 8 pick to get a Super Bowl caliber quarterback (a strategy that's only worked once in the last 20 years - Peyton). But I'd rather see a team out there trying to win rather than cross my fingers and hope for something that happens once in a generation.

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

My apologies.  I mixed you up with the other guy.  I'll go outside and practice punting stones right now.

Edited by NoPlayoffs
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Playing to win THIS season is, was, and always will be the WRONG move.

But again, this is unsurprising. Coaching to keep the rabble happy.

You play your best players to win.  Always.

18 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Right.

Let me know when he performs in the clutch. With him you know he won't lose a lead. That's about the best thing you can say about him.

Like last years second Miami game. Tampa this season.He's the best we have had and will have till at least the next draft.

26 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

First 21 game starts…

Seimian:
11-10 QB record   60% comp   27 TDs / 20 INT  230 yards per game

Taylor:
12-9 QB record   62% comp   25 TDs / 8 INT   190 yards per game

Now, is throwing 12 more interceptions that big of a deal, when it was Taylor’s total lack of challenging defenses DNA that got him benched? Not for me. Taylor has a lot of support through out the league, but I think a lot of that comes from the familiarity and goodwill of being a seven year veteran and being a genuinely good guy and pro. But these stats say they are the same player, just different styles.

Okay, we'll narrow it down to their first 21 starts each.

Tyrod: 62.6% CMP, 206.3 YPG, 7.57 YPA, 29 TD, 8 INT, 5.07% TD%, 1.40% INT%, 96.9 Passer Rating, 6.81 ANY/A

Siemian: 60.2% CMP, 241.4 YPG, 6.92 YPA, 27 TD, 20 INT, 3.68% TD%, 2.73% INT%, 81.9 Passer Rating, 5.53 ANY/A

When you factor in Rushing & Sacks Tyrod goes up to 232.3 YPG and 35 TDs (1.67/G) and Siemian goes down to 231.9 YPG and 28 TDs (1.33/G).

Literally the only stat Siemian has an advantage in is passing yards per game, and that is completely negated by sacks & rushing...

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He outplayed Siemian in that Denver game. People that support TT realize that better is needed, but he isn't terrible, and he is the best we have.The agenda crowd give him credit for nothing and blame all the bad on him.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Now teams can focus put Tyrod in a pocket...

No matter the QB is this offense staff and O-Line are horrible.

Then commonsense tells you to let him play more like the last two seasons. Roll outs, shotgun and such.

3 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Then commonsense tells you to let him play more like the last two seasons. Roll outs, shotgun and such.

Yes thats on OC witch been calling for.. But still thing is with Mills and Vlad starting letting guys go thru them a second (at times unblocked). No matter the design no QB will be alright. This O-Line is horrible I think no matter play calls. Getting beat fast and good.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

5 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

And when they contain the rollouts?

Then what? I'll tell you what. Sacks. Throwaways. Checkdowns. Punts. 75 yards of passing.

Edited by joesixpack

1 minute ago, JM2009 said:
Thad Brown @thadbrown7
FollowingFollowing @thadbrown7
More

Only two things could persuade McDermott to put Tyrod back in: An admission that he grossly overrated Peterman's readiness to start The locker room would revolt if he stayed with Peterman Or some combo of both

doesn't matter. we're losing this week and next.

and at that point "the best we have" will be exposed as "not nearly good enough."

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And when they contain the rollouts?

Then what? I'll tell you what. Sacks. Throwaways. Checkdowns. Punts. 75 yards of passing.

Let's start Peterman again with a bad O line and maybe this time he can throw 10 interceptions, and ruin his career and confidence for good. But your agenda would be fulfilled.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

doesn't matter. we're losing this week and next.

and at that point "the best we have" will be exposed as "not nearly good enough."

Yep the defense isn't a problem at all. And I think TT can beat Miami and the Colts at home. By the way, KC and NE are better teams then the Bills. Hard for you to believe, I know.