Watkins needs to step up.... Woods out....

Billsfan1972

49 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

"Mature beyond his years" was the phrase used when introducing him to the Bills fans. Who would have thought Marquise Goodwin might outproduce him this year. 

I think that was in terms of competitiveness.........he was a beast at Clemson....see the bowl game against Ohio State for reference.

But at 20 years old it doesn't take much to be "mature beyond your years".

Almost HAVE to say something like that when you draft someone into the NFL that young.  

Especially considering the Bills track record with 20-21 year old early round picks.

Otherwise it just seems like a recipe for another failure.........which it has been for the Bills.........and subsequently drafting 20 year olds been a success for teams gladly taking players like Lynch and Watkins and even Donte Whitner off of their hands.   

Bringing very young players like that to a rudderless franchise was bad business.

Putting Sammy into a WR room without a veteran presence was a particularly HUGE mistake.............and they seemed to be trying to fix it with the Boldin signing but they didn't have the patience to see it out and it's cost them a whole lotta' offensive production on the field, whether you as a Sammy-hater want to believe it or not.   

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think that was in terms of competitiveness.........he was a beast at Clemson....see the bowl game against Ohio State for reference.

But at 20 years old it doesn't take much to be "mature beyond your years".

Almost HAVE to say something like that when you draft someone into the NFL that young.  

Especially considering the Bills track record with 20-21 year old early round picks.

Otherwise it just seems like a recipe for another failure.........which it has been for the Bills.........and subsequently drafting 20 year olds been a success for teams gladly taking players like Lynch and Watkins and even Donte Whitner off of their hands.   

Bringing very young players like that to a rudderless franchise was bad business.

Putting Sammy into a WR room without a veteran presence was a particularly HUGE mistake.............and they seemed to be trying to fix it with the Boldin signing but they didn't have the patience to see it out and it's cost them a whole lotta' offensive production on the field, whether you as a Sammy-hater want to believe it or not.   

Hey I loved Sammy at Clemson and I was calling for Boldin long before they did sign him. I agree with everything besides the on the field production simply because it isn't where it needs to be. He may get there, I don't hate Watkins. I hate that the draft day trade set this team further back and Sammy's immaturity made it tough to keep him around with a pending payday.

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

"Mature beyond his years" was the phrase used when introducing him to the Bills fans. Who would have thought Marquise Goodwin might outproduce him this year. 

Pre draft process I was very impressed with his interviews, IMO it was after the draft he stepped back a little in the maturity department, expectations, money, fame, $h!tt¥ QB play will hAve their effects I’m guessing...

As for Goodwin, yes he has more yards and 20 more targets, which contrary to many folks on this boards personal beliefs has an effect on “production”, Watkins is +4 in the TD department and has 1 more reception at this point so it will be interesting to see how they finish up the season.

1 hour ago, 87168 said:

impossible. one simply doesn't learn and mature as they grow...

God knows I have regressed! Lol

Im happy for Watkins, I met him a couple times at camp and everyone I know at Fisher have told me he was always good to them as well, hopefully he continues growing off the field and he finds a team who will try to throw it to him more than 4 times or so a game.