If you were TD, what trade would you make?

I don't know if it's true, but there seems to be alot of talk of trading CB Nate Clements lately. Either because of his future contract vs value or simply because the Bills may feel like they can upgrade at this position. I just don't know enough about this situation BUT if Buffalo does in fact want to trade him, this is what I'd like to see.

First, I would trade him and Travis Henry to Arizona for L.J. Shelton and their 1st round pick (#8) in this year's draft.

Secondly, I would then package that 1st round pick with our own 3rd round pick(#86) to Oakland for CB Charles Woodson and their 2nd round pick(#38). That would move us up 48 slots! With Oakland's 2nd round pick I would then draft Michigan's SS Ernest Shazor. There has been some talk that Detroit has a strong interest in him and they have the 41st pick.

When it's all over and done with, Buffalo rids itself of Henry, gets a LT, replaces it's CB (hopefully an improvement) and grooms the successor to Lawyer Milloy.

Thoughts, comments or opinions? Otherwise, what would be your scenario?

I don't know if it's true, but there seems to be alot of talk of trading CB Nate Clements lately. Either because of his future contract vs value or simply because the Bills may feel like they can upgrade at this position. I just don't know enough about this situation BUT if Buffalo does in fact want to trade him, this is what I'd like to see.

First, I would trade him and Travis Henry to Arizona for L.J. Shelton and their 1st round pick (#8) in this year's draft.

Secondly, I would then package that 1st round pick with our own 3rd round pick(#86) to Oakland for CB Charles Woodson and their 2nd round pick(#38). That would move us up 48 slots! With Oakland's 2nd round pick I would then draft Michigan's SS Ernest Shazor. There has been some talk that Detroit has a strong interest in him and they have the 41st pick.

When it's all over and done with, Buffalo rids itself of Henry, gets a LT, replaces it's CB (hopefully an improvement) and grooms the successor to Lawyer Milloy.

265046[/snapback]

That's not a bad scenario. But there are alot of ifs involved.

Why on earth would we trade Clements? He is probably one of the top 5 CB's in the NFL and isn't even 25 years old. Plus he doesn't get hurt and plays the run. If he is looking for ridiculous money, franchise him every year until he signs a long term contract. I can't think of another CB I would rather have for this team.

Why on earth would we trade Clements?  He is probably one of the top 5 CB's in the NFL and isn't even 25 years old.  Plus he doesn't get hurt and plays the run.  If he is looking for ridiculous money, franchise him every year until he signs a long term contract.  I can't think of another CB I would rather have for this team.

265055[/snapback]

agreed -- why on earth are people so willing to get rid of arguably the best player on the team??

The first thing I do is sign is sign LG Rick Demulling. The next thing I do is sign RFA C/G Melvin Fowler to an offer shhet which costs us a 3rd round pick. I then release C Trey Teague (-1.02M), S Pierson Priouleau (-1.23M) and WR Drew Haddad (-225K) and restructure RT Mike Williams. Then I trade RB Travis Henry and a conditional 2006 pick (As high as a 2nd and as low as a 7th) tied to both Henry's performance and whether he signs a contract as well as Shelton's playing time. I then sign Freddie Jones, Jermaine Wiggins or Marcus Pollard to play TE. I then use our 2nd round pick to draft a CB or TE and the rest of the draft I pick up a back up RB (4th round - Cedric Houston of Tenn?) defensive and offensive line depth and grab a K, of course Nugent will be gone but there are some guys out there that are an instant upgrade over Lindell.

Why not??

Look, this was meant only to create some fun and explore the imagination. I think there is a very small (if at all) percentage of people on this board that KNOWS anything on the status of player personnel/contracts, salary cap/signing bonuses and front office/player satisfaction. In this league, how many times in this league have you seen the impossible accomplished? Contracts and such CAN be overcomed. How about administration/player contentment? Example; Jonas Jennings SUPPOSED desire (ran so fast at the 1st big contract offered to him) to stay in a Bills' uniform and TD & CO. not even talking to him. Can ANYBODY REALLY explain that freaking mess?!!!

On another note, I never said I wanted to trade NC. I said that there's been alot of talk lately on trading him. If that were the case, Iwould like to see a return on one of our best players, especially that it's such an important position and we don't have great depth there.

So let's make this REAL remedial so nobody is confused, angered or derogatory. Let's pretend that this is a perfect world and there is no cancer, crime or world hunger. OK? Now, is everybody warm and fuzzy? Oh, let's add no ifs, ands, or buts in this perfect little world. Thanks.

PS Thanks Losman-McGahee-Evans and the few others who responded to the TRUE spirit of this post.

I don't know if this post is getting lost in the mix or if it just out and out blows, but I was hoping to get a little play on it to see some creativity until the draft. The night crew on this board can be tough, maybe the daytime crew will be more active. Either way, I hope our wildest expectations are going to be exceeded this year. Go Bills!

265046[/snapback]

Dude, are you crazy? I mean everyone knows we can trade Travis for Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne and their 2nd rounder. I rather do that than your trade.

Some bad kool-aid going around here.

I would trade my '86 Chevy Celebrity for an '87 Olds Cutlass with tilt steering and an luggage rack on the trunk

265086[/snapback]

Dude you should trade your '86 Chevy Celebrity for a Boeing 747. Ask TIPSTER19, he'll make that deal happen for you. :devil:

265046[/snapback]

Why would make you think Henry is worth a Player and a 1st round pick. He did nothing last year, he killed his trade value hes worth a one on one for Shelton only no pick other than that hes worth where we picked him #2 rd then you could trade the 2 2nd rds for a 1st round then trade down the first roud and get a 1 and a 3rd round.

265046[/snapback]

are you high??? whats the point of hoping for an INSANE trade like that.

it will end up being Henry for Shelton and their 4th round pick.

are you high??? whats the point of hoping for an INSANE trade like that. 

it will end up being Henry for Shelton and their 4th round pick.

265605[/snapback]

Sorry, this will never happen. Teams do not trade competent LTs for bad RBs, let alone throw them a 4th rounder to boot.