2017 Magical Draft - Maybe

Imagine if Peterman became a solid NFL starter.  What a draft, if it reaches its potential.  Here is what it COULD look like 2-3 years from now:

1.  Tre White - perennial all pro;

2.  Zay Jones - high quality starter;

3.  Dawkins - high quality starter;

5.  Milano - high quality starter;

5  Peterman - high quality starter;

6. Vallejo - ?

While this is a long way off yet it could be a draft class for the ages.  I think White, Jones, Dawkins and Milano could all see pro bowls someday, maybe.  Not saying they will, but it would not shock me.  If that could be said of Peterman a couple years from now it could be one of our best drafts ever.  I liked TD Mike, but who would trade Milano for him?  Not me.

Well...

i love Tre more than most but there are only 2-3 first team all pro corners yearly... so maybe pump the breaks on perennial all pro... hopefully perennial pro bowler 

Dawkins and Jones also have a lot to prove before they are high quality starters

high hopes but still far away

28 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Imagine if Peterman became a solid NFL starter.  What a draft, if it reaches its potential.  Here is what it COULD look like 2-3 years from now:

6. Vallejo - ?

While this is a long way off yet it could be a draft class for the ages.  I think White, Jones, Dawkins and Milano could all see pro bowls someday, maybe.  Not saying they will, but it would not shock me.  If that could be said of Peterman a couple years from now it could be one of our best drafts ever.  I liked TD Mike, but who would trade Milano for him?  Not me.

Really? FFS stop counting your eggs, they have not hatched yet.

Edited by simool

Tre White - possible DROY

Zay Jones - 1 solid game to go with a lot of bad ones and a ton of drops

Dion Dawkins - Decent for a rookie, but we'll see

Matt Milano - Pleasantly surprised. Decent depth

This is reality. We'll see what the future holds

39 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

6. Vallejo - ?

While I'm an optimist myself, it's only been a few games.  They certainly have shown a lot of potential.  And it looks like we have some guys that know how to draft.  But I wanna see how they play down the stretch here as we compete for a playoff spot.  If they are kickin ash in these playoff win or die type games that could be coming in a few weeks then I will be ecstatic.  Can't wait to see how they play over the next 7 weeks.    

2 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

6. Vallejo - ?

Great vision, and a wonderful prospect Marlin. Now, Grasshopper, just exactly how do you expect to retain all these superstars when all the rookie contracts come due at the same time? And don't forget, if Nate were to pan out as a franchise guy then you might not be able to hang on to even two of the others.

54 minutes ago, billsfan60 said:

Great vision, and a wonderful prospect Marlin. Now, Grasshopper, just exactly how do you expect to retain all these superstars when all the rookie contracts come due at the same time? And don't forget, if Nate were to pan out as a franchise guy then you might not be able to hang on to even two of the others.

I hear you my friend.  If the vision materializes we may not be able to keep them all - but a high-class problem, no?  Can't be better for us if they are all highly mediocre but retainable.

For all the "easy big fella, pump the brakes" - relax.  No one is saying this is going to happen, just having fun - it could, they have all flashed meaningful potential.  They could also all regress or have the injury bug.  But it is nice to have a draft where you feel it could, possibly, be really, really good.  I have not felt that in years, and the new regime guys started out a bit behind with picks.  Future is bright.