McBeane better hope they hit on every draft pick . . .

Dr. K

. . . because this team has been depleted of talent. I am not impressed with what they have done, and I don't see how they are going to fix all the problems they have generated in a single draft, not matter how many picks they have. 

Edited by Dr. K
typos

3 minutes ago, simool said:

Step away from the ledge ladies.  You are looking at year one of a tear down and rebuild. 

They will have to hit on EVERY draft choice to fill the holes they have created on this team by trading away good players or switching schemes so the players we have don't fit anymore. 

Edited by Dr. K
clarity

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

They will have to hit on EVERY draft choice to fill the holes they have created on this team. 

Yep......WR.....wait you had one but declined the option, DT.....wait you had one but traded for a 6th rounder and required a double team freeing up your linebackers. Franchise QB.....wait you could of had one in Watson but wanted a CB. They must absolutely nail their picks in the first 3 rounds.

3 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

They will have to hit on EVERY draft choice to fill the holes they have created on this team by trading away good players or switching schemes so the players we have don't fit anymore. 

No. In the real world when you tear down a roster the way they have here, it will take a couple of good drafts stacked together before you start to see measurable results.  Personally I am okay with that.  It is a fresh approach and a departure from what has gone on here for the last decade and a half. I think it takes a set of big brass balls too cosidering most of our fanbase is bipolar and prone to knee jerk reactions.

Just now, simool said:

No. In the real world when you tear down a roster the way they have here, it will take a couple of good drafts stacked together before you start to see measurable results.  Personally I am okay with that.  It is a fresh approach and a departure from what has gone on here for the last decade and a half. I think it takes a set of big brass balls too cosidering most of our fanbase is bipolar and prone to knee jerk reactions.

News for you pal: after a couple more performances like this, if McBeane say it will take until 2019-20 for them to play winning football, I would say that they better hire bodyguards. 

4 minutes ago, simool said:

How old are you?  I was fine with that sort of thinking when I was in my thirties.  Now I'd like to see a decent team before I am wearing Depends.

Just now, Dr. K said:

News for you pal: after a couple more performances like this, if McBeane say it will take until 2019-20 for them to play winning football, I would say that they better hire bodyguards. 

First of all I ain't your pal, and I highly doubt I can get any news from you.  They are already playing winning football, gurantee we will finish with the same or better record than we had last year.  Considering the amount of talent we dumped, that is pretty impressive.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

How old are you?  I was fine with that sort of thinking when I was in my thirties.  Now I'd like to see a decent team before I am wearing Depends.

If you are over thirty and that unrealistic about what has gone on here, you probably should just go ahead and buy the depends.

BTW I am 45

1 minute ago, simool said:

First of all I ain't your pal, and I highly doubt I can get any news from you.  They are already playing winning football, gurantee we will finish with the same or better record than we had last year.  Considering the amount of talent we dumped, that is pretty impressive.

We'll see how your prediction works out. I believe you will be proven wrong. It ain't happening with Taylor at QB.

4 minutes ago, simool said:

If you are over thirty and that unrealistic about what has gone on here, you probably should just go ahead and buy the depends.

BTW I am 45

Well, I agree with Dr. K's assessment.  Snarky and nasty at 45 is not a good look, either.

8 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

We'll see how your prediction works out. I believe you will be proven wrong. It ain't happening with Taylor at QB.

You two ladies were the snarky and nasty ones, I am a realist and make decisions based in facts--not emotion.

Yeah, we are rebuilding.  They are getting ready to completely repave the roster over the next few years.  Buckle in

37 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

OTs and OGs looked good last year.

continous and unnecessary scheme and coaching changes screw this franchise year in and year out.

That's why we have to let a regime play it out one of these days.  Can't keep firing everyone every few years.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I can guarantee you if Rex was still here it's still be an epic disaster.

The problem is inept people hiring inept people.

I actually think we have the right people this time.  But everyone overreacted to our quick start and didn't look at the talent we have.  We replaced the guys that didn't fit and now we don't have a lot of talent.  They are playing to win games but their front office is looking to set themselves up with a lot of cap and draft picks to kick start this rebuild.  Down to earth, no more firing for a bit please.  It only pushes back the rebuilding process

39 minutes ago, simool said:

You're right, they are just upset that it's the truth and are in denial.  It'll take some time but I'd rather have a direction than change every two or three years.  We gotta show some trust for a change instead of running these guys out of Buffalo.  If we keep changing things the roster will never have the players that fit the right scheme and we will keep falling back into that mediocrity.  Let's play it out!  They seemed to have done pretty well with what I consider their first draft, can't wait to see what happens to the roster this upcoming offseason

• Thank you (+1) 1