Bills win on Sunday would be first 6-3 start since 1999

We missed another key milestone last week in getting to 6-2 for the first time since 1993 (last superbowl season), but this week we have a shot with a upset over the Saints to move to 6-3 for the first time since our last playoff season in 1999.

Another key metric to keep in mind that I've pointed out before is the Bills have never been 6-4 or better since the first year of the drought in 2000, so even if Bills lose this week they could still win in LA next week to ensure they avoid the dreaded 5-5 mark.

Either way the next few weeks loom LARGE for this franchise in terms of exorcising some demons.

2 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

True.  I still remember in 2014 the KC game with the end zone fumble.  Woulda been 6-3 that day.  

Its a sad statistic 

Yep, and that game probably was the difference in finishing 10-6 and making the playoffs regardless of the debacle in Oakland late in the season.

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

Yep, and that game probably was the difference in finishing 10-6 and making the playoffs regardless of the debacle in Oakland late in the season.

Yeah we had a big win in Green Bay the week before the Oakland loss across the country.

Similar deal now, real good NFC team coming in and flying to California next week.  This game is crucial.  I just don't see the Charger game as a win(hope I'm wrong).  Can easily be 5-5

Then we reverse the curse in the playoffs by making Flutie an honorary Captain and win the game on a forward lateral (I mean a backward pass) on a kickoff that is returned for a TD to win the game late in the 4th. :thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah we had a big win in Green Bay the week before the Oakland loss across the country.

Similar deal now, real good NFC team coming in and flying to California next week.  This game is crucial.  I just don't see the Charger game as a win(hope I'm wrong).  Can easily be 5-5

Yes even with an upset over the Saints the game in LA against the Chargers is not going to easy especially when you consider the west coast trip and the fact the Bills have been blown out in every game there during Rivers career. In fact our only win ever against Rivers was the blackout game in Buffalo in 2008 when SD had a down season.

Also if the Chargers can win in Jax on Sunday coming out of their bye it sets up a massively huge game for them against the Bills next week with a chance to get to .500

I just hate how this schedule sets up for the Bills down the stretch, no game is going to be easy quite frankly.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I'm pretty sure we were 5-4 both in 2014 and 2015.

Also in 2002, 2008 and 2001 after 5-3 or better starts we lost the next game.

Ok because that i think is what i am expecting. 

I just cannot see a matchup anywhere on the field the Bills can exploit the Saints with 

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

When was the last time they were 5-4

Rooting for a loss?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I just cannot see a matchup anywhere on the field the Bills can exploit the Saints with 

Why not give the lombardi to NO right now. 

6 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I'm pretty sure we were 5-4 both in 2014 and 2015.

Also in 2002, 2008 and 2001 after 5-3 starts we lost the next game.

Yeah as you mentioned this is around the time of the year we historically start having issues even after starting well 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ahhh look who offers nada. Where did i say that?

all i said is where is a matchup that isnt in Saints favor?

Clay or KB over the middle. Idc what the pundits say, their lb's cant cover either of those two. If we can grind them down there early, Shady might be able to break off a few big ones late.just my opinion 

Edited by BuffAlone
Misspoke

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

Clay or KB over the middle. Idc what the pundits say, their lb's cant cover either of those two. If we can grind them down there early, Shady might be able to break off a few big ones...just my opinion 

I think maybe there is a clay mismatch on their LBers. 

Not Benjamin Saints should just take him out of the game with Lattimore 

58 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

True.  I still remember in 2014 the KC game with the end zone fumble.  Woulda been 6-3 that day.  

Its a sad statistic 

I believe that was former board legend Bryce Brown!

i hate that I feel this way but I’ll believe it when I see it.  I think our lack of talent is catching up.  But the Saints are much different on the road.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Not if/ when he's running from the slot, where the assumed absence of Vicarro will be definately noticed

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

While the metrics on the Saints are impressive (particularly their rushing and overall offense) it's not like they are crushing teams week after week during this current 6 game run.

However what stands out to me is they are only the 3rd team in NFL history to start 6-2 after an 0-2 start, and the last two went on to win the SB (1993 Cowboys and 2007 Giants).

I think if the Bills play their style of game they'll have a chance, but that means a big day from McCoy, no TO's and the defense forcing a few. Bills also have to figure out a way to come out and score points early. If we fall behind 10-0 or 14-0 early we'll certainly get blown off the field and this won't be close.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Not if/ when he's running from the slot, where the assumed absence of Vicarro will be definately noticed

I would put Lattimore on Benjamin no matter where he lines uo and let him take that WR out of the game. 

So that leaves you to cover Matthews and Thompson. 

Also IF you have Kamara on FF start him gonna have a huge game