The Fire Bell In The Night

Tiberius

4 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Who the ***** are you to determine whether or not that package self-identifies as a bomb?!?

thank god for saying it.  back in the 90's i had a very hard time adjusting in school.  as a 120lbs laser guided AMRAM i could not find anyone that wanted to hang out with me.  at recess when we would play kickball i was the only one not allowed to play defense, apparently i was too offensive!  even at home my parents always kept me away from the fireplace when it was cold at night!

19 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

thank god for saying it.  back in the 90's i had a very hard time adjusting in school.  as a 120lbs laser guided AMRAM i could not find anyone that wanted to hang out with me.  at recess when we would play kickball i was the only one not allowed to play defense, apparently i was too offensive!  even at home my parents always kept me away from the fireplace when it was cold at night!

I feel your pain, my friend. Thank you for sharing it.

Just now, Koko78 said:

I feel your pain, my friend. Thank you for sharing it.

i just wanted to be identified as a little black Vietnamese veteran slap chop growing up and despite being a missile i was treated like a bomb

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The Dems are ***** if #blexit really happens. Sitting home would be bad enough, actually voting R instead of D? Yikes.

If the Dems don't get anything less than 90% of that demo, they're done. Not just this year, but as a party. 

Some more smatterings:

I don't follow Bill, but I've heard this statement from a few people I do trust. If it really goes down like this, a lot of people will be in for a rough ride in the next few months as they'll be forced to wake up from their programmed slumber:

Then this one is just for the giggles. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If the Dems don't get anything less than 90% of that demo, they're done. Not just this year, but as a party.

I don't follow Bill, but I've heard this statement from a few people I do trust. If it really goes down like this, a lot of people will be in for a rough ride in the next few months as they'll be forced to wake up from their programmed slumber:

I heard that about the Rs in 2008 (that they were done as a party). I didn't believe it then, I do not believe it about the Ds now.  As with all things, time will tell.

Neither party is good, never mind great. People are just super ticked off now, and I will say that right-leaning people vote to express displeasure, they do not riot.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I heard that about the Rs in 2008. I didn't believe it then, I do not believe it about the Ds now.  As with all things, time will tell.

Neither party is good, never mind great. People are just super ticked off now, and I will say that right-leaning people vote to express displeasure, they do not riot.

I hear you, but I'd float that the GOP of 2008 was destroyed - but wasn't buried officially until no-name left this Earth. 

Trump destroyed what was left of the establishment GOP in the primaries, more Reps than Ds are leaving Congress or not running again (forced out). The party kept its name, and its core platform - but cut the uniparty crossovers and agendas were gutted. 

I put it at less than 50/50 the Ds retake the House now. Even if they do take it, which they might, it'll be a slim majority not a Blue Wave. If it's a slim majority, so many of the people who would have won (who had to run closer to Trump than against him) have disavowed Pelosi that there'd be a real internal leadership fight for the new Speaker. I don't think Pelosi can get it without a Blue Wave, which means  a new leader of the House and the gutting of the old guard over the next cycle. 

That's the kind of change I am seeing coming. During that transition, the far left will take the lead which will only push more people to the middle/ind, making it impossible of the Ds to win in 2020, and likely in 2022. 

That might be enough time to clear out a lot of the worst actors and will fundamentally change the party as we knew it.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If it's a slim majority, so many of the people who would have won (who had to run closer to Trump than against him) have disavowed Pelosi that there'd be a real internal leadership fight for the new Speaker. I don't think Pelosi can get it without a Blue Wave, which means  a new leader of the House and the gutting of the old guard over the next cycle.

Rep. Crazy-eyes for Speaker!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

RealClearPolitics just flipped the Indiana senate seat Red in their predictions.

If the GOP solidifies their Senate majority while losing the House, the carnage will be absolutely glorious.

Losing the House or keeping it? The carnage will be far more fantastic if the Democrats ***** the minority from the jaws of victory in the House.

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Schumer shifts additional millions to Menendez re-election, as New Jersey Senate race tightens

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer spent another couple of million dollars on incumbent New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez’s re-election campaign this week as his lead over Republican Bob Hugin has narrowed in recent polls and moved from “lean Democratic” to a “toss-up.”

The Senate Democrats’ super PAC has spent more than $5 million in New Jersey. This week, Schumer announced it would move another $2.8 million to Menendez, on top of the $3 million shifted to New Jersey last week, in an effort to secure Menendez’s seat for another term.

• Like (+1) 1

A part of the excellent Salena Zito piece that /dev/null posted above.

For a lot of people, very little has changed in Washington since President Trump was elected. The swamp, the chaos, and the elites who know best are still there. And there's only one thing standing between them and their betters — and that's Trump.

That would explain why, in Senate and House races across the country, Republicans aren’t doing as badly as they should be: People see some of their candidates running with a little bit of the revolutionary outsider versus Washington.

Like it or not, you have to view sentiments through the eyes of the voters who live outside D.C. and New York, who live in the swing districts and states that voted for Trump. They saw, for the first time, Republicans grow a spine and actually stand up angrily and loudly against Washington.

It was sort of like a Hell yeah, that's why we sent Trump there moment. The un-energized Trump voters who don’t particularly like Republican or Democratic members of Congress decided they did like the party that stood up and fought against a mob leading a very Washington character assassination.

The same type of mob hounds Republican senators or White House press secretary Sarah Sanders out of restaurants. It's the same sort of chaos as 5,000 illegal immigrants marching toward the border. This is what the elites give us, and somebody has got to stand up against that.

American voters elected the definitive outsider to the White House in 2016 with Donald Trump, and we’ve shown few examples that those who placed him in office have changed their sentiments toward U.S. politics in Washington.

The voters Trump brought into the fold don't necessarily like Republicans more than Democrats; it’s just that the Democrats have aligned themselves to the elites in our culture and news organizations that have been looking down their noses at them for one too many times.

(as seen on PPP)

We still have no idea who will ultimately hold the House in two weeks. But we're asking the wrong question if we think about it as Left vs. Right. It's really insider vs. outsider.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

One of the messages that Democrats’ unconcern over illegal immigration sends to voters is that to Democrats, voters are fungible.

They really don’t care about Americans who are already here, if they can get more votes by importing others.

It’s basically “Message: I don’t care.”

On 10/25/2018 at 9:58 AM, 3rdnlng said:

Wow, comparing Gillum to a chimp is more than a little racist.

If you had a TV show it would be cancelled for this.

Oh who am I kidding. You're a leftist. You could call him an n-word and all would be forgiven as long as you said you were referring to Kanye.

32 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

If you had a TV show it would be cancelled for this.

Oh who am I kidding. You're a leftist. You could call him an n-word and all would be forgiven as long as you said you were referring to Kanye.

You can call me an idiot, moron or retard but I'll be damned if I'll let you call me that. You must be Gleeful Gator's twin.