Saints news

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Roboturner913 said:

Hate to think we live in a world where one can just accuse a person of something on a message board without even the slightest hint of proof or even a rumor and people just take it at face value as truth.

Like with Peyton Manning, there had been rumors on him for years and years. It's easy to find convos and details of his dalliance with a Google search or whatever. Can't find even a single thing about Brees, and New Orleans is a place where everybody knows everybody's business. Pretty sure if he really did have a kid with another woman we would've at least heard a rumor about it at some point this over the last 11 or 12 years.

I don't care, I mean I don't have a moral hang up about that sort of thing. Just strikes me as pretty unfair to say something on the Internet like that unless you have at least something to back it up with.

I will PM you. No one is trying to start message board rumors. We have info on here all of the time that has been proven true. You can read it and decide to believe whatever you want but it isn’t baseless.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

4 hours ago, Roboturner913 said:

What up, gentlemen, Saints fan here. I was sitting around reading all the Bills/Saints stuff I could find and remembered I had signed up for this big nice Bills board a few years ago. Couldn't find/access that one, I guess it got shut down. But this one seems pretty cool.

I can't too much argue with those who'll say we haven't played many good teams during this 6 win streak. The Panthers and Lions are both pretty decent though, and we blew both of those teams out. I will say it's more about HOW they're winning games, by running the ball, playing shutdown defense and just generally controlling the line of scrimmage. Like, Drew is only on pace for like 4500 yards whereas he's usually in the area of 5000-5200....he's still about as good as he has ever been (105 passer rating) but it's no longer just throw the ball 50 times and hope to win, now we have a team that could win with a QB like Sam Bradford or Alex Smith or somebody like that.

Lattimore is the real deal for sure. I find myself feeling giddy about him. Talk about lucky having him fall in our laps. The defensive turnaround is not just all about him though. They've been drafting well the last few years and got a couple solid free agents and suddenly it all just kinda came together. They got torched the first two games but have been lockdown since week 3 - I believe ranked #1, #2 or #3 in every major defensive category over the 6 game win streak.

Other than Drew, Zach Strief and a couple other guys, it's a really, really young team, even a lot of the so-called "veterans" are guys that have only been around 3-4 years. SP/Loomis/Ireland pretty much tore apart the roster after the disaster that was 2014, so they've rebuilt the team in just a couple years and done a good job.

I think this will be a good test for them, going into what is likely to be difficult weather conditions. Obviously defense and a running game are key ingredients for winning games like that on the road, so I feel much better about our chances going into this game than I would've at any point since 2013. I figure it will probably be a relatively low-scoring game, 20-17 or something like that. No predictions, I'll just say I wouldn't be surprised either way.

He started off playing the right side exclusively but has started shadowing the other team's best WR the last 3-4 games. He totally shut down Mike Evans last week playing him pretty much exclusively in man coverage. When they play zone you'll see him on the right side of the defense. They play both man and zone pretty much equally. I think they'll probably play quite a bit more zone this week against the Bills because of Tyrod's running ability. The only thing Lattimore really doesn't do much of is covering the slot WR. He's capable of doing that but since Vaccaro is the nickel CB and excels playing the slot there's been no real reason to put him there.

Thanks for stopping over and giving us your insight.  Love the team you guys put together over there.  Kamara looks to be a special back and that defense is much improved.  What’s the word on Vaccaro and Armstead?  

Just now, NewEra said:

Thanks for stopping over and giving us your insight.  Love the team you guys put together over there.  Kamara looks to be a special back and that defense is much improved.  What’s the word on Vaccaro and Armstead?  

Both missed practice yesterday so it’s not looking good. Those would be big losses but they have depth there.

4 hours ago, Roboturner913 said:

What up, gentlemen, Saints fan here. I was sitting around reading all the Bills/Saints stuff I could find and remembered I had signed up for this big nice Bills board a few years ago. Couldn't find/access that one, I guess it got shut down. But this one seems pretty cool.

I can't too much argue with those who'll say we haven't played many good teams during this 6 win streak. The Panthers and Lions are both pretty decent though, and we blew both of those teams out. I will say it's more about HOW they're winning games, by running the ball, playing shutdown defense and just generally controlling the line of scrimmage. Like, Drew is only on pace for like 4500 yards whereas he's usually in the area of 5000-5200....he's still about as good as he has ever been (105 passer rating) but it's no longer just throw the ball 50 times and hope to win, now we have a team that could win with a QB like Sam Bradford or Alex Smith or somebody like that.

Lattimore is the real deal for sure. I find myself feeling giddy about him. Talk about lucky having him fall in our laps. The defensive turnaround is not just all about him though. They've been drafting well the last few years and got a couple solid free agents and suddenly it all just kinda came together. They got torched the first two games but have been lockdown since week 3 - I believe ranked #1, #2 or #3 in every major defensive category over the 6 game win streak.

Other than Drew, Zach Strief and a couple other guys, it's a really, really young team, even a lot of the so-called "veterans" are guys that have only been around 3-4 years. SP/Loomis/Ireland pretty much tore apart the roster after the disaster that was 2014, so they've rebuilt the team in just a couple years and done a good job.

I think this will be a good test for them, going into what is likely to be difficult weather conditions. Obviously defense and a running game are key ingredients for winning games like that on the road, so I feel much better about our chances going into this game than I would've at any point since 2013. I figure it will probably be a relatively low-scoring game, 20-17 or something like that. No predictions, I'll just say I wouldn't be surprised either way.

He started off playing the right side exclusively but has started shadowing the other team's best WR the last 3-4 games. He totally shut down Mike Evans last week playing him pretty much exclusively in man coverage. When they play zone you'll see him on the right side of the defense. They play both man and zone pretty much equally. I think they'll probably play quite a bit more zone this week against the Bills because of Tyrod's running ability. The only thing Lattimore really doesn't do much of is covering the slot WR. He's capable of doing that but since Vaccaro is the nickel CB and excels playing the slot there's been no real reason to put him there.

Thanks for stopping by.  Your insights are appreciated. Non-obnoxious rival fans are always welcome here for discussion.

The  Saints look to be their real deal, built the right way over the past few years.  It will be a big test for The Bills but I expect a strong bounce back from the uncharacteristic game against the Jets.  We are at home, they are highly motivated to redeem themselves, and we have a couple of new offensive weapons with Benjamin playing his first game and Clay coming back from injury.  I think this will be a hard fought game.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Both missed practice yesterday so it’s not looking good. Those would be big losses but they have depth there.

Thanks Kirby.  Would love to see Jerry vs a backup.  Sucks that Drew gets the ball out so quick he may be irrelevant anyway.  How they miss the game then come back and dominate the following week

Vacarro tweeted last night that he left the Jay-Z concert early because he "had to be on point tomorrow." Guessing that means he planned to practice today, and typically if you practice Friday you play on Sunday (assuming no setbacks).

With Armstead, who knows, that guy is so brittle it's a miracle he ever got to the NFL in the first place. I wish we would just trade him to somebody who doesn't mind having a high-priced left tackle who only plays about 8 games a season.

Assuming Armstead is out, Andrus Peat will play left tackle. He's played 3-4 games there and done well, he's no Armstead but he's a very good run blocker and his pass pro is good enough to get the job done since Brees usually gets rid of the ball pretty fast. Starting right guard Warford has been out since week 5 but he's supposed to be back this week. Starting right tackle Strief is out until at least week 14. So the line should be Peat-Kelemete-Unger-Warford-Ramczyk, or best case scenario would be Armstead-Peat-Unger-Warford-Ramczyk.

If Vaccaro plays the defense is 100% intact. If not it's a pretty big blow because he's the hinge piece that allows them to disguise coverages, he goes back and forth from slot corner to linebacker in nickel coverages so there's a lot of flexibility there without having to make substitutions. So if he's out we lose the equivalent of two key players in nickel D, plus a starting high safety in base 4-3. So that would be a pretty big deal.

Probably should know more by 3-4 p.m. today, I'm sure with the Bills it's the same way but Friday is usually the telltale day whether somebody is going to play on Sunday or not.

Edited by Roboturner913

Vacarro is key to being able to stop the run out of a nickel look. That will definitely hurt us. We'll have to play more 3 LB sets which is a vulnerability in coverage. 

If neither Armstead or Warford play I'll concede the loss. We could do without one or the other but both being out would be a disaster. Not encouraged by the questionable status on both.

1 hour ago, Roboturner913 said:

Vacarro is key to being able to stop the run out of a nickel look. That will definitely hurt us. We'll have to play more 3 LB sets which is a vulnerability in coverage. 

If neither Armstead or Warford play I'll concede the loss. We could do without one or the other but both being out would be a disaster. Not encouraged by the questionable status on both.

Ha, I wouldn’t go that far. Brees gets the ball out fast and Bills haven’t been able to consistently put pressure on the QB. Jets OL is trash and you saw how that went. 

Edited by YoloinOhio