Wow, so when Jennings goes down

Rubes

Granted, someone actually beating out Sullivan for a spot on the team is not much of a surprise, but McFarland is now the guy backing up Jennings?

It's not a question of if, but rather when, Jennings will miss time with another injury. The thought of a rookie stepping in to protect Bledsoe's backside does not fill me with confidence.

I didn't see or hear much of McFarland this preseason, but...

I would assume Price would come in. McFarland was only 2nd (I hope) 'cuz in PS you have an entire 2nd line working together & Price can't be in 2 places at once.

(MW might be BIG enough to play 2 places, but even w/ that, you'd rather have 2 bodies than one :( )

Ah, my bad...I was looking at the BB.com depth chart and it just showed McFarland as the backup LT...forgot about Price, who was listed on the right side.

Whew. I can't keep track of who is on this team anymore.

I would assume Price would come in.

19705[/snapback]

and what about when williams eventually gets benched?

not to mention the fact we have a UDFA starting LG and subpar C. the only OL i feel comfortable with this year is Villarel. As bad as that sounds, its actually an improvement over last year :(

Even the Bills' Depth Chart

Here

shows McFarland as the #2 behind Jennings. But I gotta think that when Jonas gets his hangnail this year that McNally does a quick reshuffle.

Kelsay is listed as the #1 LDE. First time I've seen it in print. Best of luck, Chris!

Even the Bills' Depth Chart

Here

shows McFarland as the #2 behind Jennings. But I gotta think that when Jonas gets his hangnail this year that McNally does a quick reshuffle.

Kelsay is listed as the #1 LDE. First time I've seen it in print. Best of luck, Chris!

19743[/snapback]

I think when they put together the depth chart behind the 53 man roster, they cleaned it up to reduce the "multi-backups." There were a lot of players listed on the old depth chart as backups at several positions, but now the only one listed that way is PP. I wouldn't be surprised to see Price step in if Jennings were injured.

As far as LDE, Kelsay's been number 1 since at least the first round of cuts. The same time that Smith was named starting LG. I have a feeling though that LDE will be a "rotational" type thing, and I would guess that Denney will get most of the "obvious run play" situations.

As far as LDE, Kelsay's been number 1 since at least the first round of cuts.  The same time that Smith was named starting LG.  I have a feeling though that LDE will be a "rotational" type thing, and I would guess that Denney will get most of the "obvious run play" situations.

19754[/snapback]

Denny will definitely get his reps. He played really well in the preseason (I didn't get to see the last preaseason game).

Had a pick and caused Wire's pick off of Manning with in his face pressure.

As for Big Mike, he's going to be just fine. He is supposedly already down to 360 and working on losing more. McNally says he is pleased with Mike's progress.