• 14 receptions
    • 211 yards
    • 2 TDs
  • All Bills WR's this season (COMBINED)
    • 24 receptions
    • 316 yards
    • 4 TDs

This about says it all !!!

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/29473/production-from-bills-wideouts-could-be-nfls-worst-in-past-17-years

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the same record, or better, than all of the teams with those receivers. :D

LOL... nobody wants to here that fact

I think the OP was making the point about production not team record. The fact that you make the comment that we have a better or same record just shows your football ignorance. If you watch them play you clearly know that they are not winning their games with their offense. Its the defense that is putting us in the position to win games. Last weeks game is the perfect example. TT was put in the position to be expected to pull out a win and couldn't. TT is not a good QB, he's not even a decent QB. His pocket presence is horrendous, he has no internal clock to get rid of the ball, he is nearly incapable of throwing a receiver open, rarely throws the ball to a WR unless they are wide open; routinely checking down to the RB or taking off and running, not to mention he is extremely inaccurate when throwing short to mid range passes. The only and i do mean ONLY thing TT has going for him is his escape-ability. That's it!

While they are not elite numbers for each, their production as individuals out weighs the individuals production we currently have and the differentiating factor is the QB. Taking average to slightly above average WR's (Watkins) and placing them on a team with what is considered an elite or good QB and your average pedestrian WR turns into a productive WR. That is the OP's point.

Just a thought - We need a QB that actually throws the ball to where our receivers can catch it.

Mason Rudolph for QB 2018

Go Bills!!!!!

Keep telling yourself that ... Is Mason Rudolph going to block for himself and catch his own passes, too?

We have the same record, or better, than all of the teams with those receivers. :D

My guess is that the Bills are highly unlikely to finish with a better record than the Patriots, may very well finish with a worse record than the Rams, and will likely struggle to end the season with a better record than the Niners but dream on ...

Aha! So it's not about the WRs at all; it's about the QB!

I hope the people at OBD realize this!

I didn't realize that Brian Hoyer and Jared Goff were considered good/great QBs ....

So either way a winning record and leading our division is bad

Whoopy-dee! Whoopy-doo! The Bills have the same record as the NE Patriots and the NY Jests 5 games into the season. In case you've forgotten, this ain't the first time they've been leading/sharing the division lead at this point in the season over the last 18 years. I have "Billieve", however, that they'll keep their amazing streak going and figure out how to end up missing the playoffs again.

Isn't it great the way we mix it up for some variety???

Absolutely. 17 years and counting ... no end in sight.

How is it bad or wrong to want to continually improve the team. Consistently good teams always do that. Our offense isn't exactly lighting it up. Regardless of who is at QB we have to give that person the best targets to throw to as possible.

I do think that the FO wasn't expecting this team to win as quickly as they have and it might have changed how the offseason went. I do think Boldin might have stuck around for a contender. Regardless we need to add at least one more receiving weapon and get something to spark this offense. Or else we will be at watching the playoffs instead of playing in them yet again.

• Chris Hogan
    • 23 receptions
    • 288 yards
    • 5 TDs
  • Robert Woods
    • 17 receptions
    • 252 yards
    • 0 TDs
  • Marquise Goodwin
    • 14 receptions
    • 243 yards
    • 0 TDs
  • Sammy Watkins
    • 14 receptions
    • 211 yards
    • 2 TDs
  • All Bills WR's this season (COMBINED)
    • 24 receptions
    • 316 yards
    • 4 TDs

Take the all time best QB in history away from throwing Hogan the ball and then all those numbers are garbage - theirs vs ours

Whoopy-dee! Whoopy-doo! The Bills have the same record as the NE Patriots and the NY Jests 5 games into the season. In case you've forgotten, this ain't the first time they've been leading/sharing the division lead at this point in the season over the last 18 years. I have "Billieve", however, that they'll keep their amazing streak going and figure out how to end up missing the playoffs again.

Absolutely. 17 years and counting ... no end in sight.

Can't understand why OBD would want to waste this defense.