Saints Trade Adrian Peterson to the Cardinals

@corryjoel

Saints have a $1,547,773 2017 salary cap charge for Adrian Peterson. There's a $1.25M cap charge in 2018 from his $2.5M signing bonus.

Deals like these have hurt them far more than Drew's. It's amazing the dead money they've had from signing bonuses for guys that don't even make it a calendar year.

Looked pretty darned good today.

Adrian Peterson is back in a big way.

On his first drive as a member of the Cardinals, Arizona's new featured back rumbled for 54 yards off four carries against the Buccaneers, capped by Peterson's hard-charging, 27-yard touchdown gallop. Peterson's big day continued from there as he finished with 134 yards and two touchdowns in a 38-33 win.

I still think he won't do that much

he is still AP. The AP of old. He was just not being used at all in NO. The saints have to be the dumbest team in the league. I don't understand why they even bothered to try and get something out of AP. They are a pass first and pass almost always team. They don't use their backs and never really have to the extent that they need to, in order to justify going out of their comfort box.

he is still AP. The AP of old. He was just not being used at all in NO. The saints have to be the dumbest team in the league. I don't understand why they even bothered to try and get something out of AP. They are a pass first and pass almost always team. They don't use their backs and never really have to the extent that they need to, in order to justify going out of their comfort box.

Exactly right. AP had no role on their offense. At best, he was going to be an older Ingram, except Ingram is 1/2 a back and has played there for 6 years.

Dumb dumb dumb. It may come out he was an owner signing.

Exactly right. AP had no role on their offense. At best, he was going to be an older Ingram, except Ingram is 1/2 a back and has played there for 6 years.

Dumb dumb dumb. It may come out he was an owner signing.

something will come out im sure. There's just no reason why they should have even entertained it.

The only thing I can think of, was IF... they got a lead in games. Late in the 3rd and into the 4th quarter they were thinking of grinding it out to preserve leads.

something will come out im sure. There's just no reason why they should have even entertained it.

The only thing I can think of, was IF... they got a lead in games. Late in the 3rd and into the 4th quarter they were thinking of grinding it out to preserve leads.

Still already had Ingram comfortably in that role. 4.4 career YPC as their bruiser who comes off the field in third downs. And is a bigger threat in the passing game than AP. And operates better out of the gun.

Just silly, really. A Madden move.

Still already had Ingram comfortably in that role. 4.4 career YPC as their bruiser who comes off the field in third downs. And is a bigger threat in the passing game than AP. And operates better out of the gun.

Just silly, really. A Madden move.

like I said. I don't understand it. Didn't make sense at all.

But I will say that I don't think AP has fallen off that much and believe he will have close to 1,000 yards this year now that he's with the Cards. Which would mean a lot considering we're already over 1/4 of the way through the season.

like I said. I don't understand it. Didn't make sense at all.

But I will say that I don't think AP has fallen off that much and believe he will have close to 1,000 yards this year now that he's with the Cards. Which would mean a lot considering we're already over 1/4 of the way through the season.

Agree, unless DJ comes back healthy. AP may be back on the bench again.

He looked like 2012 AP today.

Agree, unless DJ comes back healthy. AP may be back on the bench again.

He looked like 2012 AP today.

is DJ coming back? Thought he was supposed to be out for the majority of the season if there was even a chance he came back

is DJ coming back? Thought he was supposed to be out for the majority of the season if there was even a chance he came back

DJ is out until December from most reports, even if he came back with a few weeks left in the season he is going to take weeks to come back. AP is pretty much going to be their primary back for the rest of the season.