QB Combine Wonderlics

Here are the combine Wonderlics on the QBs. I'll get more when the web site I subscribe to publishes them. So far all they have is QBs & some FBs. One fullback, Madison Hedgecock of North Carolina scored a 2.

Smith, Alex* 40

Frye, Charlie 38

Fitzpatrick, Ryan 38

Rodgers, Aaron* 35

LeFors, Stefan 35

Ochs, Craig 34

Walter, Andrew 31

Orlovsky, Dan 30

Guidugli, Gino 30

Haldi, Josh 30

Campbell, Jason 28

Orton, Kyle 27

Long, Dustin 27

Rix, Chris 26

Chang, Timmy 26

McPherson, Adrian* 26

Dougherty, Ben 25

Anderson, Derek 23

White, Jason 21

Greene, David 19

Randall, Bryan 19

Allen, Jared 19

Berlin, Brock 13

He may be too skinny to take the pounding but I have a feeling in a couple years Alex Smith is going to be a good pro quarterback.

I read a couple of Harvard guys got a perfect 50 on the wonderlic this year.

263385[/snapback]

Earlier in the week they had Ryan Fitzpatrick at 50 as the only score, but today he's at 38.

That's pretty interesting.....when I was watching the combine coverage on NFL Network, they said the Fitzgerald kid (Harvard) finished the test so early that he had time to go back over every answer, and then handed it in with three minutes to spare. Apparently most players don't even finish it. Yet the guy still was out done by Alex Smith.

Earlier in the week they had Ryan Fitzpatrick at 50 as the only score,  but today he's at 38.

263391[/snapback]

How the hell does that happen? There were stories around. I just google newsed "Ryan Fitzpatrick wonderlic" and found about 7 stories about him acing it with a perfect 50 and one story saying he didnt because when someone called him and asked him about it he said he had left one question blank.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=37297

Interesting that Pat McInally, former Bengal I think, from Harvard, was the only one ever to get a 50.

This explains a lot. QB'ing requires such a strong sense of what's going on around you and how to play the game (whch is why Flutie's lasted as long as he has with that arm, and even why Montana was so good with an arm that was accureate but not especially strong); in other words, brains. A year ago no one knew who Alex Smith was and now he's maybe a top 3 draft pick. On the other hand, we've been hearing for years about what great skills and arm strength Brock Berlin has, but where are the results? And look where he fits in with his score.