Taylor loathing - A dissenting opinion

Foreigner

After this Sunday, it's going to be another Blue Monday.

hell of a candy

btw i was not a Fan of that band.

Black Sheep played at the Church in Fairport NY. Found out later it was Lou.

They got booed off the stage with bottles at the Henrietta NY Dome Arena opening for someone or other.

Then came Foreigner. Pop band. blecch

Tyrod has one season to prove he can play the game to win.

Dennison is worrying me at this point.

Nice thing is? I don't worry.

Bills are set up to replace him/them

Edited by 3rdand12

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2017 at 3:30 PM, Foreigner said:

First of all, we can all agree that Tyrod Taylor is not Jim Kelly. Neither is any other QB not named Tom Brady. So is blaming Taylor for the past Two plus years; psychologizing blaming Taylor for the past Seventeen? It seems like the Taylor haters are out in force this year, weather in the media, social media, or various message boards, including this one. No one is going to be satisfied with our QB until we make the playoffs, because you know the old story. Win, the QB gets more credit than maybe he deserves, and lose get more blame than deserved. I would hate to think what the offense would be like if Taylor was not a mobile QB.

Calling for Nathan Peterman at QB? Give me a break. Maybe one day he will be a good quality QB. But throwing him to the wolves after a good pre season against primarily backups, and opposing teams not game planning? I don't think so.

What has Taylor had to deal with in 2017?

1. A new offensive system trying to get everyone on the same page.

2. A receiving core that is basically three receivers, none of who have been, or may never be a number one WR. As for the last play Sunday, our rookie may be a number one WR some day, but when he had two hands on the ball, he should have made the play, as difficult as it was. We will never know if any other WR would have made the catch either one or two handed but tell me Taylor haters, where does this group rate in the NFL?

3. A OL so bad, McCoy had his worse game from scrimmage ever with six or more carries. Zero yards before contact. What is to become of the run game if he can not stay healthy for 20-30 touches for Sixteen games, which is likely given his time so far in Buffalo. Does he even have a backup? With no run game against a good defense, our QB has to run for his life in the passing game. Of the five on the OL, one has a bad foot (maybe two now), another rather high draft choice has not worked out, and a third on the OL who keeps getting beat, because he does not seem good enough.

Tyrod Taylor has a winning record here as a starter, despite having two defensive minded head coaches. Phil Simms is a fan and read what McCoy said today, so hopefully Sunday there will be cheering for our QB , and not booing, if the Offense does not move, or after a bad pass. After all, I believe even Tom Brady has even thrown a couple of interceptions.

Great post, but the ship has sailed in my opinion. 2.5yrs of bickering, the trenches on either side have been dug way too deep

On 9/20/2017 at 5:41 PM, Luxy312 said:

It has nothing to do with the guys that he has catching the football, his weapons, or his offensive line. That's just another excuse.

Yep; the below has been posted before. But if people weren't so desperate to believe - in their tiny cold hearts - that Taylor is so uniquely bad the horrid quality of receivers he's had is irrelevant, we wouldn't need to post this over and over.... 

Over two seasons, TT had Watkins and Woods playing together only 15 games.

His numbers those games : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

3 minutes ago, grb said:

Yep; the below has been posted before. But if people weren't so desperate to believe - in their tiny cold hearts - that Taylor is so uniquely bad the horrid quality of receivers he's had is irrelevant, we wouldn't need to post this over and over.... 

OMG! Did you know that in the 6 games EJ Manuel had Jackson, Spiller, Summers, and Chandler he completed 64% of his passes with 9 TDs and 1 INT? Someone alert the Raiders!

12 minutes ago, grb said:

Every game. I get nervous the second I see a slew of slow slot receivers lining up and remember we have one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL. It's no secret quarterbacks need weapons!

this is an old bump btw

22 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

OMG! Did you know that in the 6 games EJ Manuel had Jackson, Spiller, Summers, and Chandler he completed 64% of his passes with 9 TDs and 1 INT? Someone alert the Raiders!

lol how do you even know that stat line? Silly. How about you name me a top 15 quarterback with a worse set of WRs.