Matthews: Blame Tyrod if you must.

JM2009

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Carolina's offense have to do with Buffalos?

The fact that their receivers had open zones more than ten yards downfield, but we lucked out from a bad game by Cam?

Aren't you the one who constantly harped on that?

Still trying to figure out your position on this.

McDermott is like Jauron becaue he plays conservatively, but we shouldn't criticize this era's Trent Edwards because he plays too conservatively.

Maybe Badol think Trent would have been a gunslinger with Arians as an OC.

Let's be honest among us chickens here...Tyrod is merely a stop gap...nothing more. This is a new regime and they DO have a plan...unfortunately for the fans, the plan will take 2-3 years to bear fruit. Everyone has to keep a brave face on...I do believe that they are trying to win...the defense did a great job out there, but there are not enough decent players on the offense to have in a chance in the AFC East.

This is true.

The problem with this line of thinking is why?

Seems like these guys rid themselves of guys just because Whaley drafted them or brought them in. They changed things unnecessarily. There was no need to change schemes offensively, no need to trade Sammy.

They could've left the offense alone and the team would be a playoff competitor easy this year. Instead I'm not sure which direction they are going. An older rebuilding team that's trying to win now at the same time?

If more guys came in here and LEFT ALONE what units and players did well in the prior regimes then there wouldn't need to be a "2-3 year plan" before they started winning. They could set themselves up for success right away.

Your last two lines are spot on.... I have a friend who is a NE fan, and he just laughed up a storm when the Bills didn't keep Gillisee or Watkins saying the Bills are getting rid of their best players.

Edited by JM2009

I just got a chance to watch the Denver/Dallas game. It raised a few questions for me. Last year Dak looked amazing and there were plenty here who wondered why we did not take him instead of Jones. What Denver done really well was to a) take away the run game and b)have constant pressure on him when he was throwing. What resulted was that he struggled in a big way. Add to this the fact that he has far superior weapons to us in his offence.

Now I am in no way saying that Tyrod is the answer in Buffalo. I agree with almost everyone that he is limited in a lot of areas. But I would like to see us try to address our OL in the first instance. I sometimes think my 9 year old Daughter would be able to get through the right side of the line and pressure the QB.

I think what I am saying is that, at the minute, I can't see many QB's out there that would improve us given the state of the OL and the sub standard receiving corps.

I just got a chance to watch the Denver/Dallas game. It raised a few questions for me. Last year Dak looked amazing and there were plenty here who wondered why we did not take him instead of Jones. What Denver done really well was to a) take away the run game and b)have constant pressure on him when he was throwing. What resulted was that he struggled in a big way. Add to this the fact that he has far superior weapons to us in his offence.

Now I am in no way saying that Tyrod is the answer in Buffalo. I agree with almost everyone that he is limited in a lot of areas. But I would like to see us try to address our OL in the first instance. I sometimes think my 9 year old Daughter would be able to get through the right side of the line and pressure the QB.

I think what I am saying is that, at the minute, I can't see many QB's out there that would improve us given the state of the OL and the sub standard receiving corps.

This is another good post.

Ooo no its not fair we ask a 7 year vet, 3 year starter, multi millionaire play freaking QB. Not fair at all

Be a QB. Adapt and you know the the position better. It is east to chuck it up there and let your WR make a play. Alot harder to be a QB

Also the reality is the no deep threat is an excuse

There is more than enough speed with these WRs to take the top off

And 2016?

people that are blind to see the reality have to make up excuses all the time. Last year he had Woods and the speedster and Charles Clay. Why didn't we win? Even with a bad defense there were games we could have won if we had a QB.

people that are blind to see the reality have to make up excuses all the time. Last year he had Woods and the speedster and Charles Clay. Why didn't we win? Even with a bad defense there were games we could have won if we had a QB.

The Bills were tenth in scoring last season. Didn't turn the ball over.The defense didn't get the ball back enough.That last game against Miami would have been a W if the D/ST held on with a minute left, which would have made the last game meaningful.

the weakest starter by far is RT Mills

He gets abused.

You don't even have to be an average football fan to see that.

Yet MANY Bills fans blindly believe it was a GREAT move. It really is unbelievable.

Those two players would have made the offense much better this year. I love how they have made hopefully a top 10 defense again, but they have set up the offense-doesn't matter the QB-to fail.

You don't even have to be an average football fan to see that.

Yet MANY Bills fans blindly believe it was a GREAT move. It really is unbelievable.

Fans that think the running game will be as potent with Tolbert, instead of Gillisee are fooling themselves.

I'm waiting for the inevitable. Tyrod plays himself out of the starting roll after being set up to fail so McD and BB can draft their guy.

I don't understand this concept. Can you please explain. Do you really think McD wants to lose so he can draft his own Guy???? Why do so many cling to this notion? They don't need Tyrod to fail to draft a QB next year. Oh wait! I get it, YOU want Tyrod to fail so they will replace him next year. Why not just say that? Now I will go on record as saying that I want the Bills to do what ever it takes to win. If it's with Tyrod, if it's with Peterman, or if it's with the new kid next year fine.

Edited by Original Byrd Man