Bills vs. Panthers Postgame

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blaming an offensive performance like this on playcalling is lacking an understanding of football. The Bills made some adjustments at halftime and started moving TT around a bit. Still, not enough guys won their matchups. Why dint the plays that were called work? Is it because the Bills didn't " trick ' em" enough? Or because guys didn't win matchups and the QB held the ball too long or just plain wouldn't throw it. We'll need to see the all-22. But the Bills lost because they couldn't make plays, not because they didn't call the right ones.

Totally crap. You're basically saying playcalling plays no role.

That's utterly wrong.

When I said "run, run, pass" that's just a general euphemism for the predictable offense we had today.

That predictably was mainly due to the offensive formations.

I'd love to see a breakdown of % of plays by formation, particularly the I-formation.

Sure, players didn't win battles, but when you rush for a net of barely positive yardage (4 or 5 yards) on handoffs to the RB on first downs PLUS negative yardage (-1 yard, I believe) the handful of times you decided to run it a 2nd time immediately after a successful run, there's something to be said about the defense knowing what you're doing.

It was a poorly called game by the OC with poor execution by the all parties in the O, as well.

The Panthers are an incredible D. Hopefully this isn't the norm.

Wrong. No arms, no interference.

True, with respect to the "putrid" aspect. I think our offensive game calling limited his options and were easily defended. There were no options, no screens, no deep balls called. When you make Tyrod try to be Brady, he will fail. That's a coaching problem.

You are going nowhere with Tyrod. Indecisive and inaccurate.

Totally crap. You're basically saying playcalling plays no role.

That's utterly wrong.

When I said "run, run, pass" that's just a general euphemism for the predictable offense we had today.

That predictably was mainly due to the offensive formations.

I'd love to see a breakdown of % of plays by formation, particularly the I-formation.

Sure, players didn't win battles, but when you rush for a net of barely positive yardage (4 or 5 yards) on handoffs to the RB on first downs PLUS negative yardage (-1 yard, I believe) the handful of times you decided to run it a 2nd time immediately after a successful run, there's something to be said about the defense knowing what you're doing.

It was a poorly called game by the OC with poor execution by the all parties in the O, as well.

The Panthers are an incredible D. Hopefully this isn't the norm.

Play calling is important but irrelevant if the execution is non existent.

7 or 8 in the box , shut the run game down, which eliminates the play action pass, and Dennison's offense is in trouble. The better teams (read: anyone but the Jets) will do this and it will be tough to win any of these games. it's not a tank, it just Dennison's offense relies on successful stretch run game; lose that, you lose most of the rest. they are working hard, but against a stout front 7, they won't score much. my sense is we can look forward to a lot of games just like this one this year

Edited by 8-8 Forever?

@RichGannon12

Thoughts on BUF. Have a chance w their D(another impressive performance) & the run game but today they got stuffed, pass game is an issue!

BUF cont. It's clear they can't rely totally on McCoy. Need to be able to stretch the field vertically w pass game and be more aggressive.

CAR thoughts. Dodged a bullet today. D was outstanding! DL solid, #58&59 dominant duo. Like physical play w secondary.D speed impressive!

CAR O. QB better today, missed some easy throws, layoff hurts his timing & rhythm. Missed center and that hurt communication & protection.

CAR O cont. #28&22 are nice combo. Better from WRs. Losing Olson( foot) is devastating. OC does nice job mixing up personnel & formations.

BUF QB effective game manager & decision maker, not a proficient drop back passer from pocket yet, best o/s pocket, good runner need more in

QB cont. need more production in pass game, anticipation & accuracy must improve, overall issue w O is lack of threat& big play through air!

If they (offense & QB) struggle & HC & OC feel that position is holding them back then at some point yes. Also depends on the R's readiness. (Regarding Peterman)

Do we think Cordy's ankle injury is the same thing he's been dealing with or something new (i've seen his previous injury described as both foot and ankle)

The funny thing is. Had that play worked out TTd be hailed as a savior.

Even with this type of bad game.[/quote

IF that play worked, I would of said they dodged a bullet but can't expect to play like that and win much. I also would of said TT finally made a clutch play when the game was on the line. Unfortunately we still can't say that. Just thought the mindset was to hang around as long as possible with a chance to possibly win late, and I hate that mindset. It's a play not to lose attitude

The funny thing is. Had that play worked out TTd be hailed as a savior.

Even with this type of bad game.[/quote

IF that play worked, I would of said they dodged a bullet but can't expect to play like that and win much. I also would of said TT finally made a clutch play when the game was on the line. Unfortunately we still can't say that. Just thought the mindset was to hang around as long as possible with a chance to possibly win late, and I hate that mindset. It's a play not to lose attitude

Would have...would have. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@RichGannon12

Final BUF O, if your not able to stretch field & attack through air the field shrinks significantly over time & you make it easier for any D

Top 3 things we learned from Bills-Panthers

sack-9-17-story.jpg

Buffalo's pass rush is still fierce, Jordan Poyer looks like a free agent steal and a strong locker room props up a dejected rookie.

1 – Pass rush is alive and well

2 – Poyer a goal line guardian

3 – Strong locker room props up a dejected Zay Jones