Nathan Peterman preseason breakdown

cover1

I hear ya Kelly. It is worrisome until it happens and then it is either euphoria or disaster. The math says a 40 yard out to the same side of the field (left side or "near side") using the example above would be a 48 yard pass.

A pass to the opposite side of the field (weak side) would be a 50 yard pass.

Edited by Buff the Cat

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go look ar his passing when lined up on one hash throwing to the opposite side of the field.

It is very well in question

Those are the Pick 6 Balls all day

Anyone who lived through the last couple of years of Jack Kemp should understand this. When he lost his zip to the outside he gave up quite a few interceptions. Sadly I remember Jack for that more than I do his accomplishments two or three years before. Just can't get that image out of my mind.

At this point, why would any college stats have any relevance?

He gets a very catchable ball out on time and is not patting the ball until it burps.

On this team, with the players on hand, he's my starter and it isn't even close.

...overhyped paranoia....Brady was never known for arm strength but improved greatly once in NFL workout regimen program....ditto for many others....it can be improved to an extent...Montana made a decent (COUGH) living in the NFL without being known for arm strength......Jeff George had a cannon and never amounted to more than a used cannon salesman in Iraq.....closer to home, Buffalo's very own JP Losman hit for TWO 83 yard bombs in the same game to #83 and he is where?.....yes, I know he has a championship ring with the LasVegas Locomotives, but........

kind of why i love the fact that Peterman has a "weak arm". When you dont have natural talent.... you improvise. Thats why Peterman is so good at anticipation. Everything would be picked off if he didnt have it. If he can learn a technique to put a little more zip on the ball. Man o man

I liken it to Anthony Davis in basketball. He is so dominant now because he was a 6'3 point guard in high school and was heavily recruited. when he showed up at Kentucky.... he had a 7 inch growth spurt but the mentality of a point guard.

kind of why i love the fact that Peterman has a "weak arm". When you dont have natural talent.... you improvise. Thats why Peterman is so good at anticipation. Everything would be picked off if he didnt have it. If he can learn a technique to put a little more zip on the ball. Man o man

I liken it to Anthony Davis in basketball. He is so dominant now because he was a 6'3 point guard in high school and was heavily recruited. when he showed up at Kentucky.... he had a 7 inch growth spurt but the mentality of a point guard.

....certainly agree and good assessment......he DOES have natural talent and the smarts to improvise.......I'd much rather have him grasping the mental aspects of the game this early on......physical growth will come courtesy of the S&C staff......TT is just the opposite.....has the physical tools but still struggles with the mental aspect of the game.....Steve Young said it best IMO: "more collegiate players fail versus succeed at the NFL level due to the speed and complexity of the game"...