Sullivan: One Head Injury. One Head case.

JM2009

It affects the team. It affects the disciplined culture we are trying to building.It affects the team?

And you can't just hand-wave the suspensions to the other crap. It's clear Dareus doesn't care about his team mates or his bad actions because he pulls **** like this regardless of the consequences over and over and over.

This is day one stuff, really.

It affects the team? I've been reading message boards for the past five years, and I can't say that I remember ONE post saying the reason the Bills missed the playoffs in any of those years because of Dareus's attitude. NO ONE said the problem with this team was Dareus.

Now he misses a team bus and you guys think HE's the problem with the team.

McDermott put it the right way. Everyone starts with a clean slate. Dareus broke a rule and was disciplined. That's all that happened. It isn't a crisis. It isn't a reason to cut the guy. He's one of the best players on the team, and he's played very well since he got to Buffalo.

Ok so what happens Shady says screw it. This guy can do what he wants I will too. Then another player then another. It's a quick way to lose a team.

It's not just one bus missed. It's a regular occurrence.

Oh and btw the next time he feels like doing something stupid off field like smoke a joint it's 10 game suspension, so please stop saying off field doesn't effect the team. Yes it does.

Exactly.

Dareus and McCoy have been teammates for two seasons. When has Shady said "screw it." Dareus hasn't caused some great moral breakdown with Shady or anyone else, causing some kind of domino effect collapse of the entire team.

Again, what has been the problem with this team for the past five years? No quarterback, crappy coaching, injuries. No one has been saying the problem with the team is how teams can run up the middle. Why not? Because except for one four-game suspension, Dareus has been in the middle, occupying two blockers and making tackles. He was doing this while his brother was being murdered in Alabama and while he was taking care of his entire family.

Dareus hasn't been the problem. And Dareus is not going to be a problem because he missed a bus.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It affects the team? I've been reading message boards for the past five years, and I can't say that I remember ONE post saying the reason the Bills missed the playoffs in any of those years because of Dareus's attitude. NO ONE said the problem with this team was Dareus.

Now he misses a team bus and you guys think HE's the problem with the team.

McDermott put it the right way. Everyone starts with a clean slate. Dareus broke a rule and was disciplined. That's all that happened. It isn't a crisis. It isn't a reason to cut the guy. He's one of the best players on the team, and he's played very well since he got to Buffalo.

Dareus and McCoy have been teammates for two seasons. When has Shady said "screw it." Dareus hasn't caused some great moral breakdown with Shady or anyone else, causing some kind of domino effect collapse of the entire team.

Again, what has been the problem with this team for the past five years? No quarterback, crappy coaching, injuries. No one has been saying the problem with the team is how teams can run up the middle. Why not? Because except for one four-game suspension, Dareus has been in the middle, occupying two blockers and making tackles. He was doing this while his brother was being murdered in Alabama and while he was taking care of his entire family.

Dareus hasn't been the problem. And Dareus is not going to be a problem because he missed a bus.

His attitude is A problem. Not THE problem.

His attitude is A problem. Not THE problem.

Go ahead and list the Bills' top 10 problems. If Dareus is on your list, you'll be a candidate for my ignore list.

Here's mine, without spending any time to think about it.

1. QB short-term

2. QB long-term

3. Left tackle

4. Right guard

5. No. 1 wideout

6. No. 2 wideout

7. Corner back

8. Slot corner

9. Outside lbs

10. Coaching

Marcell's attitude doesn't come close to any one of those 10 as a problem for the Bills. Might he become a problem? Sure. But although he's been an irritant, he hasn't been a problem since he arrived in Buffalo.

Except his suspension, off-field has NOT affected his on-field performance. Do you watch him play? He makes tackles and he pressures the QB. By my count, in 2015, his last full season, he was 8th in tackles among defensive tackles. He gets five or six sacks per season, which is good for a DT.

So explain to me again what the problem with his off-field behavior is.

He may not be a leader, but he's a damn good player. He shows up, and he plays. He plays well. Dareus if far from the biggest problem on the team.

My thought is he could be even better if he would truly commit. Plus you cannot discount the effect in the rest of the team when he pulls this stuff. Which is why they needed to take action. Teams win games; teams are hard to have when your one of your best players flaunts the rules.

Look at the true greats. Does anyone outwork Brady? Anyone put more time in than him? What about Michael Jordan? Practiced as hard as he played. Jerry Rice. Montana. The greats don't do this kind of stuff; the greats set the example and set the tone,. Dareus is exactly the opposite.

Go ahead and list the Bills' top 10 problems. If Dareus is on your list, you'll be a candidate for my ignore list.

1. QB short-term

2. QB long-term

3. Left tackle

4. Right guard

5. No. 1 wideout

6. No. 2 wideout

7. Corner back

8. Slot corner

9. Outside lbs

10. Coaching

Marcell's attitude doesn't come close to any one of those 10 as a problem for the Bills. Might he become a problem? Sure. But although he's been an irritant, he hasn't been a problem since he arrived in Buffalo.

Your list is OK (would argue the WR and CB) but thatvdoes not mean Dareus is a non-issue.

My thought is he could be even better if he would truly commit. Plus you cannot discount the effect in the rest of the team when he pulls this stuff. Which is why they needed to take action. Teams win games; teams are hard to have when your one of your best players flaunts the rules.

Look at the true greats. Does anyone outwork Brady? Anyone put more time in than him? What about Michael Jordan? Practiced as hard as he played. Jerry Rice. Montana. The greats don't do this kind of stuff; the greats set the example and set the tone,. Dareus is exactly the opposite.

Your list is OK (would argue the WR and CB) but thatvdoes not mean Dareus is a non-issue.

Yes, if his head were on straight, he'd be an even better player and he could be a leader on the team.

Yes, he is not a non-issue.

But if you agree with my list, then you should agree that Marcell missing the team bus is not an important issue. He's one of the best tackles in the league, he is not suspended, and the Bills are much better off having him on the field, issues and all, than having him playing someplace else.

90% of Sullivan's articles are him digging up old predictions to tell you he was right. You'll rarely see him re-hash all of the hot garbage he says that never comes to fruition. Who wants to read 'i told you so' pieces? Thank you for copying his quotes. I wouldn't give him a click.

I think he wants everything to fail, so he can be right. But he is right on some topics.

Right but if ur a pessimist 100% of the time your gonna be right once in a while. This is how he gets his jollies

The Bills have one QB, a rookie who's never taken a snap in an NFL regular season game. They have one proven NFL receiver, and he's injured and not practicing. They have an offensive line that has been a sieve for three games and can't get a running game going. They have new safeties, a rookie at one corner and untested guys at the other corner, mediocre linebackers, and you guys are complaining about the single best player on the defense because he missed the team bus.

Try getting a little perspective.

The Hysterics have started early, people will be calling for McDermott to be fired by week 3.

1. QB short-term

2. QB long-term

3. Left tackle

4. Right guard

5. No. 1 wideout

6. No. 2 wideout

7. Corner back

8. Slot corner

9. Outside lbs

10. Coaching

Last year, Dareus missing half of our games last year while our defense sucked was a problem.

You're digging in and being absolutely obtuse. Our best defensive player missing half our games because he was a moron matters.

1. QB short-term

2. QB long-term

3. Left tackle

4. Right guard

5. No. 1 wideout

6. No. 2 wideout

7. Corner back

8. Slot corner

9. Outside lbs

10. Coaching

He got suspended for four games last year. If you don't think that's a problem I don't know what to tell you.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/27/bills-dilemma-head-injury-head-case/

"So the Bills' grim preseason continues, draining away much of the blind optimism about their chances in the first year under Beane and Sean McDermott. It hasn't been this bad since 2009, when Dick Jauron fired Turk Schonert as offensive coordinator a week before the opener."

"Doug Whaley got a lot of heat for the Sammy Watkins deal, but the Dareus contract was equally regrettable. But capologist Jim Overdorf and president Russ Brandon have to take a big share of the blame for that deal.

Dareus had multiple indiscretions at the time. He had been held out of games for lateness twice, been charged with marijuana possession, crashed his car while street racing a day after telling the world he was determined to turn over a new leaf.

I advocated cutting him in the spring of 2014. The fans thought I was the devil for suggesting it. The Bills rewarded him, anyway. Who looks stupid now? Beane would probably love to get rid of Dareus, but he's stuck with him. Cutting him now would cause a major cap hit and no team would trade for him."

"Nathan Peterman has created a lot of excitement for a fifth-round rookie completing 50 percent of his passes for 5.5 yards an attempt. I understand fans wanting to see the new guy, but if Taylor is out for any length of time, the Bills have to give serious thought to signing Kaepernick, or some other viable starter."

great you know how to cut and paste, awesome take, thanks for reposting whats already on tbd, nice analysis.

The Bills have one QB, a rookie who's never taken a snap in an NFL regular season game. They have one proven NFL receiver, and he's injured and not practicing. They have an offensive line that has been a sieve for three games and can't get a running game going. They have new safeties, a rookie at one corner and untested guys at the other corner, mediocre linebackers, and you guys are complaining about the single best player on the defense because he missed the team bus.

Try getting a little perspective.

new safeties?=improvemnent injured wr? who doesnt get injured, rookie corner? every corner was a rookie once, oh and a lazy piece of crap at dt and you want to defend him why? thanks Mrs dareus but the point is hes apiece of crap. and sully is right. again.