I'm Outta Here

TSNBDSC

Back in 1961, when I was in Children's Hospital, there was a 3 year old kid that had drank some Drano and burned his esophagus. The kids father never showed up and the mother was a drunk. Probably happened due to neglect ( got this info from my parents telling me this years later). The kid ended up getting the measles while he was in the hospital. The first had him in his crib, but he kept getting out. Then they had to put a net over the crib but he kept ripping it out, so they finally had to lock him in a room so he wouldn't get out and infect other kids.

Before the measles he would roam the halls and mooch milk shakes off of the other parents (doctors encouraged this to help remove the scar tissue in his esophagus) . He was so powerful that my dad said he could almost knock him off his feet when he ran up tp hug these other parents.

As a infant (less than 6 months) I got out of my playpen, crawled and climbed to window, over gate and fell to street. Still have scar.

Also as toddle (less than 3) I climbed up to top bunk I was sleeping in while dark to turn on light so I can read and I tipped bunk bed over breaking arm.

There is a picture of my daughter 8 months old lifting a bag of rice with one hand and walking around house when visiting relatives overseas. My mother-in-law could barely move bag.

Young kids are a lot stronger and more agile than some believe until they learn "they can't" do some things.