Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

the awesomeness of this cannot be understated lmao so funny. 

. and then the original  official version.  OH TAY TAY Only 3.4 billion views GF? lol

Edited by muppy

On 6/6/2024 at 7:55 AM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I discovered this a couple of months ago... what a great track! As Jim Croce did a year earlier, Bill Chase died in a plane crash in 1974. 

CHASE - GET IT ON (1971)

Did you ever see the live performance or the later extended trumpet-forward live arrangement? In the former, the singer looked exactly like I imagined him, like a plus-sized David Clayton Thomas. On the latter, John Emma on guitar was like holy wow, but he also died in the plane crash or you'd know who he was. Also the shout-out to Jim Peterik of Ides Of March who was I guess at the show (and who incidentally wrote the huge hits for Survivor and .38 Special and others)

But since you prodded me down that road of horn-driven rock/jazz

Edit: Bonus footage from Chase's 4 screaming trumpeters. One of the commenters referred to Bill Chase as the Eddie Van Halen of trumpet, which gibes with what I've read from other players at least.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/9/2024 at 3:24 PM, Another Fan said:

I literally can't click over to Yacht Rock on Sirius and have this song NOT be on.

Whereas if it was, say, this track I might be more amenable

4 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I literally can't click over to Yacht Rock on Sirius and have this song NOT be on.

Whereas if it was, say, this track I might be more amenable

That’s pretty funny.  I remember hearing the song like 20 years back and liking it but could never find it.  I knew it sounded like Boz Scaggs but didn’t recall the lyrics to look it up.  

And yep listening to as you said Yacht Radio recently is where I heard and found the song.

But I do like it.  

• Like (+1) 1

this kid is the shiznik. what's that word? ahh yes Prodigy  and the guitar and wardrobe in this are also Great 🙂

Edited by muppy
prodigy fcol