Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

18 hours ago, DrW said:

Priscilla Ahn - The Boobs Song

you can tell this chick is a smart sassy sweetiepie from this clip.  talented and cute. she's adorable 🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

Does humor belong in music? FZ

Yes, for sure. Another prime example: Half Man Half Biscuit.

They started in the mid-1980s as a post-punk band. What makes them stand out are the lyrics by lead vocalist/guitarist Nigel Blackwell which are a commentary on popular culture and life in small-town England. Initially, their sound was influenced by punk.

Later, it turned more mainstream rock/pop. The song below is addressing soccer referees; however, the gist is also applicable to American football.

3 hours ago, DrW said:

Until a few days ago, I was not aware that Neil Young had played with Devo. Here is a remarkable version of "Hey Hey my my".

OMG I've never heard this. Crazy Neil yo. his type of collab did surprise me but it actually shouldn't. He went off on several different musical tangents after CSNY

On 5/26/2023 at 4:15 PM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

When his song used to play at bars back in the day you knew it was last call for alcohol

LOL great fun memory.  Ended the night on a high note. Primative Scene 1979ish

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

Pere Ubu, which is essentially song writer and vocalist David Thomas plus a varying cast of musicians, have been around since the mid-1970s. Their most recent album features a song, "Worried Man Blues", which reminds me of one of my favorite musicians, Captain Beefheart. 

On 5/28/2023 at 5:32 PM, muppy said:

@BritBill haha his came across my feed today from my sons camera roll

oasis.jpg

I remember it well. Obviously I was in the Oasis camp but I do like Blur as well and have grown to appreciate them more the older I've got! 

I remember buying the Parklife album from a store in town after the soccer game I was going to was postponed so I had some spare cash. End of the Century is probably my favourite track on that album. After that I like Country House, Charmless Man & The Universal all from The Great Escape. 

The early to mid-90s were just fantastic all round. I'm so glad they were my growing up years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BritBill said:

I remember it well. Obviously I was in the Oasis camp but I do like Blur as well and have grown to appreciate them more the older I've got! 

I remember buying the Parklife album from a store in town after the soccer game I was going to was postponed so I had some spare cash. End of the Century is probably my favourite track on that album. After that I like Country House, Charmless Man & The Universal all from The Great Escape. 

The early to mid-90s were just fantastic all round. I'm so glad they were my growing up years.

Blur is a band I needed to google and research. I realized they had a huge hit song that I knew of.  But otherwise  I was Not that impressed. I am solidly team Oasis 🙂  change my mind. What is your fav Blur song ?

Edited by muppy

3 hours ago, muppy said:

Blur is a band I needed to google and research. I realized they had a huge hit song that I knew of.  But otherwise  I was Not that impressed. I am solidly team Oasis 🙂  change my mind. What is your fav Blur song ?

Blur didn't take themselves as seriously as Oasis did. I think I'll go with.....

And then.....

• Thank you (+1) 1